Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old September 24th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker
440 point competitive armies

Hey guys, the Florida tournament for official heroscape day has a unique army point count. Necroblade wanted us to be creative and I hope I'm not cheating by doing this but I wanted to know what everyone thought would make some tournament worthy
440 point armies...

I have two primary comments on this however, the Florida tournament has some point bonuses awarded to players who build armies that dont include Q9, We are allowed to use him but there are incentives not to.
So lets see some armies without old shoulderpads in them.

Secondly, my buddy is a big fan of the Roman Legionaires but only has two squads available to him, with that in mind I would like some examples of a good 440 point tournament army that uses either romans or knights (not the templar, I dont have them )

With that said, the title says the rest, lets hear some ideas

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?
Old September 24th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Knights x2 - 140
Alastair - 250
Thorgrim or Finn - 330
KMA - 430
Isamu - 440

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old September 24th, 2007, 02:39 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Q10 150
Laglor 110
Krav 100
Raelin 80

Krav 100
Marcus 100
Ne‑Gok‑Sa 90
Me‑Burq‑Sa 50
RomanLx2 100

Kaemon 120
Krav 100
Syvarris 100
reaversx3 120

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old September 24th, 2007, 03:23 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
I was tempted to make this thread, but I'll be keeping most of my ideas secret until Oct. 20th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot
the Florida tournament has some point bonuses awarded to players who build armies that dont include Q9, We are allowed to use him but there are incentives not to.
It's not just Q9 on that list, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus
Knights x2 - 140
Alastair - 250
Thorgrim or Finn - 330
KMA - 430
Isamu - 440
That's a good idea, but lacks a little in range maybe, and is a bit slow (Knights).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 24th, 2007, 06:54 PM

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
You can always change out Alastair for Gilbert to help out the knights move, but of course you lose the heavy hitter. Also I find that on maps that usually only involve 1 MS, like most tournament maps, the knights are OK at move. Notice I just said OK, not good. Obviously almost everybody moves faster, but at least you're bringing help with you in the form of a champion of some sort. The 4 defense helps them to get there, especially if Thorgrim is hanging around for the ride.

Old September 24th, 2007, 07:48 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
The 4 defense helps them to get there, especially if Thorgrim is hanging around for the ride.
True, and Thorgrim does go great on Alastair or the KMA.

Alright, here's an idea I'm tempted to try:

4x Minions of Utgar

Order marker placement is EASY, you've got good offensive power, good defense, and decent move thanks to Flying. Thoughts?

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 24th, 2007, 08:18 PM

NecroBlade wrote
Quote:
Alright, here's an idea I'm tempted to try:

4x Minions of Utgar

Order marker placement is EASY, you've got good offensive power, good defense, and decent move thanks to Flying. Thoughts?
Braxas might hurt a bit, but you may be able to bum rush her if you survive the initial onslaught. Also Me-burq-sa could be a pain with his high move and paralyzing stare. Also Samurai could be difficult because of only attacking with 2 dice, 1 whiff and the minions are toast. It would definitely be a fun army to play, though.

Old September 24th, 2007, 09:28 PM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker
I suddenly wish I had bought one more pack of Minions and Drones so long ago , I only have three.

I actually thought of a couple of R˙chean's ideas too, this is a good sign if other people than me think it is a good balance.

And to be completely honest, I'm probably going to keep my army a secret until Oct. 20th as well, Only Ryan will know what I'm using since he is probably going to be the one to help me play test it. While learning how to use his army as well.

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?
Old September 25th, 2007, 09:36 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Mittens - 120
Venocs x2 - 80
Aubriens x2 - 140
Syvarris / Krav - 100

Krug - 120
Mimring - 150
Arrow Gruts x3 - 120
Swogs x2 - 50

Alastair / Old Drake - 110
Tarn Vikings - 50
4th Mass x4 - 280

Krav - 100
Airborne Elite - 110
Raelin - 80
Q-10 - 150

Raelin - 80
Stingers x6 - 360

Grimnak - 120
Heavy Gruts x2 - 140
Nerak - 50
Raelin - 80
Marro Warriors - 50

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 25th, 2007, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealot
I suddenly wish I had bought one more pack of Minions and Drones so long ago , I only have three.
I probably won't be running that army, so if you want to, I'll have extra Minions with me.

Quote:
Braxas might hurt a bit, but you may be able to bum rush her if you survive the initial onslaught. Also Me-burq-sa could be a pain with his high move and paralyzing stare. Also Samurai could be difficult because of only attacking with 2 dice, 1 whiff and the minions are toast. It would definitely be a fun army to play, though.
Yep, Braxas was my main concern with that army. My plan would be to move the Minions in a big group, so even if she melts three, the other nine are right there to chop her to pieces.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 25th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus
Krug - 120
Mimring - 150
Arrow Gruts x3 - 120
Swogs x2 - 50

Alastair / Old Drake - 110
Tarn Vikings - 50
4th Mass x4 - 280
I like the first one, but I would.

I'm pretty sure that the Vikings are Wild, unfortunately.

Here are some more:
3x Gladiatrons 240
3x Blastatrons 420
(Sorry Isamu and Marcu, you're just not worth losing a 'tron.)

Marcus Decimus Gallus 100
2x Romans 200
2x 4th. Mass 340
Ne Gok Sa 430

Nilfheim 185
Sonya 230
Cyprien 380
Marro Warriors 430
Isamu 440

Hmm.... Knights.

2x Knights of Weston 140
Alastair 250
Eldgrim 280
2x Aubrien Archers 420
Kyntela Gwyn 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old September 25th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Zealot - well I would say that is a whole lot of ideas.

If you need extra guys, just let NecroBlade know if he doesn't have it, he can post that you all need extra guys brought and I am sure someone will show up with what you need.

440 pts.

krug 120
mimrig 150
arrow grunts x 3 120
swog rider x2 50

I like KC army but you almost need an extra squad of grunts for this?

4 micro corps
roborats

man is that a lame army, of course it works ( any army works, just a question of how well ), just no heavy hitters

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion