Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 13th, 2018, 02:59 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Lazy Orang's Classic Customs - Fiends of Folklore

I’m not entirely sure Paling is worth 70 points, if only because she can be gunned down fairly quickly. Having a free moving -1 Def aura does have the potential to be useful on the right map, though.

Have you managed to test her?

Cool idea though!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 15th, 2018, 07:10 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I’m not entirely sure Paling is worth 70 points, if only because she can be gunned down fairly quickly. Having a free moving -1 Def aura does have the potential to be useful on the right map, though.

Have you managed to test her?

Cool idea though!
Thanks for commenting, chap!
I always playtest my customs, and anything that's been posted to this thread has been tested and approved for gameplay - I've not run as many tests per unit as, say, C3G or C3V, but enough for me to be happy to play them and feel personally confident that they're fun to play and won't unbalance any games. I've tested her as a support to a build of @Scytale 's Demons, particularly one built around Yurganthaor. She works well with them.

As for your analysis... you're sort of right, and also sort of not. Four defence is pretty damn good, and she's a small target, but yeah, if you get unlucky, she can be very fragile, and shot down in one turn. She's swingy that way. However, Penanggalan Hunger also allows her to passively heal herself whenever someone else dies. Against an enemy squad she has a 50/50 chance of healing a wound each time an enemy is killed if you're willing to move her to where they died, which adds up quite quickly - if you don't finish her off, she can come back easily. She can even feed off the corpses of allies, which, all told, makes it very clear to the enemy that, once they've started to hurt her, they can't afford to stop - they have to target her as opposed to other threats, or else waste the effort they've already expended on her.

That's one of the best aspects of her, actually - she's a brilliant distraction, allowing her allies greater reign of the battlefield by being a constant irritant until she's killed. Even if one of their figures can't target her, by killing one of your other figures, they could be facilitating her survival. Either the opponent focuses on her until she's dead, giving your forces breathing room, or they deal with the -1 defence aura - often, if you're lucky, both. Move her up with Penanggalan Hunger, throw her the occasional Order Marker to make her a threat, move up other forces who don't suffer from Smell of Vinegar, strike the enemy while they're debuffed and watch them try to decide whether to focus fire on her or the forces she's supporting... or try to fight both at once, which won't go well. It works surprisingly well.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 15th, 2018, 07:19 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Tome of Jubokko Branch

The Tome of Jubokko Branch

Custom Set Thirteen
Fiends of Folklore

(Card and Glyph sticker by @mac122 )

Glyph Bio - Perhaps surprisingly for the remnants of such dangerous plants, Jubokko branches are known for their healing and restorative properties. They can be used to heal and decontaminate injuries by sucking away the impurities, much like a leech would, even in the midst of battle.

-Type of Glyph-

Treasure Glyph

-Rulings and Clarifications-

N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-

N/A

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 15th, 2018, 07:26 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Oh I love Herb Magic.
It is an integral part of my RPG.
Old November 15th, 2018, 07:28 PM
Hard as ice

The Tome of Jubokko

The Tome of Jubokko

Custom Set Thirteen
Fiends of Folklore

Alternate Card

Spoiler Alert!

(Card by @mac122 )
Homeworld: Grymwold
The figure used for this unit is Sadly Unknown.
NOTE: A Jubokko requires 1x Glyph of Jubokko Branch.

Card Text

Spoiler Alert!

Unit Bio
Spoiler Alert!

Rulings, Clarifications and Errata
Spoiler Alert!

Combinations and Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Immunities, Benefits and Weaknesses

Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; December 13th, 2018 at 05:49 PM.
Old November 15th, 2018, 10:41 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I always playtest my customs, and anything that's been posted to this thread has been tested and approved
You Miss, are far more dedicated than I!!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old November 16th, 2018, 07:41 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I was just wondering what the figure was for Jubokko and then
Sadly Unknown. Great name for a band.
Old November 16th, 2018, 12:44 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Quote:
I always playtest my customs, and anything that's been posted to this thread has been tested and approved
You Miss, are far more dedicated than I!!
I mean, as I said, I don't run masses and masses most of the time. Often I run one test for a unit, but I never actually pass it unless I feel confident in it and have run at least one game. Paling and most of the Spirits have had more tests than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I was just wondering what the figure was for Jubokko and then
Sadly Unknown. Great name for a band.
Except they'd have to change it if they ever became suddenly popular.
Yeah, no idea what figure the Jubokko is (don't be surprised if other figures down the line are 'Sadly Unknown'). I was looking for tree figures on eBay, and I found this guy who was selling a few vintage metal unpainted fantasy treeman figures, including this one he listed as 'Dead Tree' - no idea if that's the mini's actual name, or what line it was from, just that it seemed old.

That being said, the Jubokko would probably be super easy to proxy - they're meant to be nigh-indistinguishable from regular trees, so any tree model could work. Hell, you could not use any model at all and just find a way to mark out an Evergreen Tree or Jungle Piece that's turned into a Jubokko.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 16th, 2018, 12:53 PM
Hard as ice

The Tome of Koji-Danuki

The Tome of Koji-Danuki

Custom Set Thirteen
Fiends of Folklore

(Card by @mac122 )
Homeworld: Grymworld
The figure used for this unit is a Pathfinder figure from the Jungle of Despair set.
Its model number and name are #19 / Tanuki.

Card Text

Spoiler Alert!

Unit Bio
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; December 14th, 2018 at 07:09 AM.
Old November 17th, 2018, 11:42 AM
Hard as ice

The Tome of Bentley Bogbreath

The Tome of Bentley Bogbreath

Custom Set Thirteen
Fiends of Folklore

(Card by @DanieLoche )
Homeworld: Grymworld
The figure used for this unit is a Dungeon and Dragons figure from the Demonweb set.
Its model number and name are #46 / Corruption Corpse.

Card Text

Spoiler Alert!

Unit Bio
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; December 13th, 2018 at 05:51 PM.
Old November 17th, 2018, 11:55 AM
I could go

I’d put a same level restriction for his Lure to the Grave power, otherwise this guy can lava dunk units for free.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old November 17th, 2018, 12:02 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
I’d put a same level restriction for his Lure to the Grave power, otherwise this guy can lava dunk units for free.

Hadn't thought of that - never played him on lava. I wouldn't want a same-level restriction, as I feel that curtails a lot of the fun of the unit. Since I can't think of an easy fix that doesn't hurt the unit, I think I'll just house-rule it so you can't lure a Hero into lava (at least not unless I'm playing with C3G lava rules ).

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards