Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old July 17th, 2016, 05:36 AM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!
Nahiri's Mad Goblin Insquisitors (600)

(345)Nahiri, Fury in Stone

(100)Goblin Javelineers

(85)Avacynian Inquisitors

(70)Mad Prophet

Cards:
(30)Firebreathing
(30)Blessing
(25)Divine Favor
(25)Solemn Offering
(20)Chaplain's Blessing
(15)Stoke the Flames
(15)Twinflame
(10)Healing Salve
(10)Near-Death Experience
(10)Seize the Day
(5) Swift Justice
(5) Chandra's Outrage

This is a pretty solid all-around team. The decklist runs a lot of powerful enchantments with the goal of buffing the Goblins up to really high ATK for insane alpha strikes. As a backup the Inquisitors can still do solid cleanup duty. Although all of the Army cards are Range 1, you can fake range a bit with the Javelineer ability and by chucking your Mad Prophet ahead and utilizing his Haste.

-Nahiri - this girl is super fun to use. She's not overtly powerful but she has tons of utility and is very versatile. 'Lithomancy' is a super cool ability. I've been largely using it as a way to even out terrain so I can 'Pass through Stone' on the first turn or two and ensure I can dart ahead to take glyphs or strategic high ground. The way this squad is built you don't particularly want to be attacking a lot with Nahiri. Her base ATK is quite low and I'm not running as many of the +ATK Enchant Planeswalker spells. As a result, Teleporting her ahead and using your 2nd terrain piece from Lithomancy to turtle up on a glyph while giving it high ground is a good gameplan.

-Goblin Javelineers - Your most potent squad. Timing your summons with these guys is important. You want to make sure you summon them before the Inquisitors to get the +1 ATK counter. From there you want to be able to stick either Firebreathing and/or Blessing on them. At this point these guys are putting out serious damage. They can top out at about 10 dice if you stack every buff. Then after attacks you can trigger the Javelin Ability to pick off any stragglers and gimp strategic squads. Once buffed, Twinflame can allow you to easily 1 shot basically any figure in the game, including Planeswalkers, on an average roll. The fact they have 3 life is also very notable, This gives them pretty notable longevity.

-Avacynian Inquisitors - These guys are pretty much as average as you can get out of the box. They aren't super special, but the +1 ATK against non-Humans is pretty helpful against most of the PWs. Although you really would prefer to focus your enchantments on the Goblins, if you're afraid of putting all of your eggs in one basket, Firebreathing and Blessing are both still quite powerful on these guys. Frequently these guys will be used almost entirely for blocking/positioning around the glyphs.

-Mad Prophet - Hero/PW buster. As noted above, Clever use of his 'Haste' ability means you basically get a double turn with Nahiri when you summon. You really want to avoid using his turns attacking Squads and use him to focus on Heros/PWs.

Last edited by Kajoq; July 17th, 2016 at 01:15 PM.
Old July 17th, 2016, 05:37 AM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Nahiri's Mad Goblin Insquisitors

Doh. I forgot to add (600) in the thread title and can't edit that. Any way a mod could edit that in for me if they notice this post?

Got it sorted! Thanks @Marro warlord

Last edited by Kajoq; July 17th, 2016 at 01:16 PM.
Old July 17th, 2016, 07:10 AM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoq View Post
Doh. I forgot to add (600) in the thread title and can't edit that. Any way a mod could edit that in for me if they notice this post?
Actually, you can edit the thread title yourself. Go to edit the first post, and open the advanced editing settings. There will be a box to edit the thread title.

I'm not super familiar with the newer cards, but this team sounds bonkers. My only problem is that Nahiri casting Chandra's Outrage is a complete flavor fail.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old July 17th, 2016, 10:27 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Cool, thanks @Kajoq . I ran our first game with innistrad the other day using the werewolf planeswalker with goblins, mad prophet, and firecats. I buffed them with red cards, and green cards that weren't specific about creature color. I womped my brothers blue army. I'm gonna try your build next to see how it goes.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 21st, 2016, 12:47 PM

Trønderfury is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Nahiri's Mad Goblin Insquisitors (600)

Ive played alot of Nahiri. I use Kor Hookmasters and phoenixes instead of the goblins. Stubborn resilience instead of Blessings. Works really well. Hard army too beat. Always Nice too have a ranged army option.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Competitive Armies Discussion