Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 3rd, 2019, 06:36 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

TaeblewalkerScape: Aquilla vs Valkrill

We had two absentee players at the last minute yesterday, so TW and I played three 2 Player games, and he won the first and third. I felt it was in general a tough army match up on that terrain, but the third game was close! TW discovered after Game 1 that his Water Elemental, which he used well in Game 1 to Water Tunnel all the way across the board and take out a Death Knight on the first turn, was over his army total, and so removed him for the next two games.

We got to try out two of the brand new C3V customs now on the Home page. My Death Knights managed to chop down one large enemy in my start zone when powered up by Emperor Andask, but in general still did not do all that well, because the enemy dragon Quahon killed them a squad or more at a time! Brimstone did likewise take out a squad of Fyorlag Spiders once, so l learned that the way to use him is to dump lots of order markers on him at once to power him up. We both had heroes who were squad killers, so the squads had a very tough time!

My Emperor Andask powered up a number of his allies and was very useful. The new Kyrie Azazel was very tough, and came back from the dead about once a game, once needing the +1 from the Emperor on the D20, getting a bare 18 needed for Rejected By Death (the C3G Thanos power), which was dramatic!

TW used his pieces particularly well, although Kozil the new Owlbear failed most of his 'extra' power rolls to do me damage when batting clean up (is that any way to use a brand new figure)?

Go Valkrill! I put together the list of his current units for future reference; you can see it posted on this thread as well. If I had had more points I would have put his Flagbearer in too-- Sherman Davies had brought over a few copies of his figure for us when he was first designed.

The Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh by Rÿchean chosen for his game by TW made a nice simple board; we would have added a start zone or two for more players. I've told the players who couldn't make it that it would be very easy to put up again if they want to remuster another day for this scenario, using the armies they had prepped for the game. I don't even know which general they chose.

Despite the name the map has no swamp or swamp water (perhaps it was made before that was available), or I could have considered the Valkrill unit Durgath Ravagers, the swampy sneaks!

After Scaping, we had a nice Japanese dinner out, and then returned to play the brand new Kickstarted Kami Sama (Kolossal Games), which a pal left here so the rest of us could learn it when he's not around. I taught it to TW, and I'm now 3 for 3! So far I've seen seven of the twenty playable kami spirits on the table. This new game company is making a name for itself; I'll be getting their spectacular Kickstarted Mezo (Mayans) later this year! A big board minis game, it looks to be physically something like Rising Sun, but with very different game mechanisms. I hope Eric Lang uses a different theme for his own third myth trilogy game (after RS and Blood Rage).

Last edited by chas; February 26th, 2019 at 05:03 AM.
Old January 12th, 2019, 10:35 AM

Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker

Hey Gang (of 4), we’re looking to hold an event in Jersey in early March. We have penciled in the date of March 2nd. Events in the past have been held in Somerville and Hamilton. Location is TBD for this. We may base it if possible on where folks are coming from. Let us know if you’ll would be interested.

Chuck
Old January 20th, 2019, 04:51 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Army 1: Zogross Hardscale, Armoc Vipers x2.
Army 2: Venoc Warlord, Venoc Vipers x3, Isamu

Old January 20th, 2019, 06:24 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I wondered about the advisability of making my armies mutually supportive using Rogues. For example:

Army 1: Cormin, Kha, Dividers x 2
Army 2: Brigand x 2, Elaria, Tagawa Samurai

If you won initiative, how would you proceed?
Old January 22nd, 2019, 01:02 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Quote:
I wondered about the advisability of making my armies mutually supportive using Rogues. For example:

Army 1: Cormin, Kha, Dividers x 2
Army 2: Brigand x 2, Elaria, Tagawa Samurai

If you won initiative, how would you proceed?
You needn’t run your armies by me ahead of time. Nor do you have to bring these that you’ve posted.
Old January 23rd, 2019, 10:19 AM

Well met!

Got my armies for 2/9. They are at the same time antagonistic and complimentary . . .
Old June 2nd, 2019, 09:10 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

For the upcoming Magic Realm Heroscape game, choose one of the following characters. I will also list which units follow each character.

1 ) Amber Rhyllian, Amazon L5 M7 R6 A3 D4
Human Unique Hero Amazon Determined Medium 4

Ally: Ashra
Friendly: Cathars, Roman Legionnaires and Archers

Aim: Once per turn, Amazon may reroll one any attack dice when attacking a non-adjacent figure.
Warrior Empowerment: As long as at least one order is on this army card, all warriors you control add 1 to their Move, Attack and Defense.

Two squads of Warriors of Ashra: As written except they have R5.

2) Wulfhere, Berserker L7 M5 R1 A5 D4
Human Unique Hero Berserker Wild Medium 6

Ally: Dreadgul Raiders
Freindly: Pirates of Tortuga, Cathars

Robust: At the end of the round, remove one wound marker from this army card.
Berserk: One per round, you may reveal the X Order Marker on this army card. Add 2 to Berserker’s Attack and subtract one form his Defense for the rest of the round. The Berserker must attack all adjacent figures when berserk. Roll each attack separately.

Two squads of Dreadgul Raiders

3) Sir Christopher Black Knight L5 M5 R5 A3 D5
Human Unique Hero Knight Relentless Medium 5

Ally: Knights of Blackgaard
Friendly, Banshees, Goblins

Heavy Mace: The Black Knight may add 2 dice when attacking an adjacent figure.
Fear Aura: Squad figures that the Black Knight attacks roll one less defense die.

One squad of Knights of Blackgaard

4) Dain, Dwarf L5 M4 R1 A4 D4
Dwarf Unique Hero Warrior Resolute Small 3

Ally: Shieldmiths, Axegrinders

Duck and Cover: When attacked by an adjacent figure that has a higher height than Dwarf, you may force the figure to reroll all skulls.
Trapfinding: You may add 4 to your die roll when trying to take a treasure glyph.
Shadow Strength: When Dwarf is on a dungeon or shadow space, add 1 to his Attack and Defense.

Two squads of Axegrinders of Burningforge and/or Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep. (Two squads total).

5) Aeolis, Elf L4 M6 R8 A2 D2

Ally: Woodfolk

DEADLY SHOT: When attacking with Elf, each skull rolled counts for one additional hit.

SHOT ON THE RUN: When Elf attacks, may do so at any time before, during or after his movement.
CONCEALMENT10: Same of Brave Arrow.

Two squads of Aubrien Archers.

6) Sorcerer L4 M5 R6 A3 D4
Human Unique Hero Sorcerer Mysterious

Aura of Power: When rolling defense dice for Sorcerer, one shield will block all damage.
Elemental Forces Special Attack R6 A3 + special.
When using Elemental Forces Special Attack, choose one of the following:
Earthen Grasp: Choose two figures not on a water space to attack.
Hel’s Embrace: Choose a figure on a snow or ice space, or adjacent to a glacial mountain. If you inflict a wound, remove an order marker at random from the figure’s army card.
Hot Lava Death: Choose a figure that is on a lave field or molten lava space, or adjacent to a molten lava space. Roll 3 extra attack dice. Figures with the Lava Resistant special power are immune to Hot Lava Death.
Stone Spike: Choose a figure on a rock space or adjacent to a rock outcrop. Roll 2 extra attack dice.
Watery Doom: Choose a figure on or adjacent to a water space. The figure rolls two less defense dice.

Not sure about followers.

7) Swordsman L4 M6 R1 A4 D5
Human Unique Hero Swordsman Wily Medium 5

Alert: If you have at least one order marker on this army card, add 8 to your initiative roll.
Counter Strike
Engagement Strike 13

Not sure about followers.

Sir Crispin, White Knight L6 M5 R4 A6 D5
Human Unique Hero Champion Honorable Medium 5

Ally: Templars, Weston

Exorcise: After moving and before attacking, you may select a demon or undead figure within four clear sight spaces. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11-15, it takes one wound. If you roll 16-20, if takes two wounds.
Lay on Hands: Before moving, you may select an adjacent figure. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-5, nothing happens. If you roll 6-12, remove one wound marker from its army card. If you roll 13-18, remove two wound markers from its army card. If you roll 19-20, remove all wound markers from its army card. Lay on Hands may be used on the White Knight.

Two squads of Knights of Weston.

9) Witch-King L4 M6 R7 A4 D6
Demon Unique Hero King Tormenting Medium 4

Ally: Iskra, Banshees
Friendly: Blackgaard, Pirates

Absorb Essence: Once per round, before moving, choose a unique hero within 4 clear sight spaces. For the rest of the round, you will the Move, Range, Attack Defense and special powers of that hero. Your other special powers will not function until the next round.
Power of the Pit: Roll the 20-sided die for each figure in three clear sight spaces. If a figure is a squad figure and you roll an 8 or higher, destroy it. If it is a hero figure and you roll 17 or higher, destroy it. Power of the Pit does not affect Witch-King.
Disembodied: The Witch-King cannot pick up or carry treasure glyphs. When rolling defense dice, one shield will block all damage.

Iskra Esenwein (she can carry treasure glyphs) and the Rechets of Bogden.

10) Felistrix, Wizard L5 M5 R5 A5 D4
Human Unique Hero Wizard Scholarly Medium 5

Master of Hidden Paths: At any point before, during or after movement, the Wizard may choose an adjacent terrain feature such as a rock outcrop, glacial mountain, tree or jungle piece. Immediately place the Wizard on any unoccupied space adjacent to that terrain feature. He may do this more than once per turn. Wizard may use Pathfinder when moving with Master of Hidden Paths.
Pathfinder: Before moving, you may choose a small or medium friendly figure that is adjacent to Wizard. After moving, place the chosen figure on any unoccupied space adjacent to Wizard. Figures moved with Pathfinder will not take leaving engagement attacks.
Stones Fly Special Attack R7 A3: Wizard may attack four times with Stones Fly Special Attack. He may attack the same figure more than once.

Erevan Sunshadow.

Last edited by Taeblewalker; June 5th, 2019 at 08:34 PM.
Old June 17th, 2019, 03:28 PM

For the upcoming Magic Realm Heroscape game, choose one of the following characters. I will also list which units are on friendly terms with each character.

Aim: Once per turn, Amazon may reroll one any attack dice when attacking a non-adjacent figure.
Warrior Empowerment: As long as at least one order is on this army card, all warriors you control add 1 to their Move, Attack and Defense.

(Warriors of Ashra: As written except they have R5).

Friendly: Pirates of Tortuga, Cathars

Berserk: One per round, you may reveal the X Order Marker on this army card. Add 2 to Berserker’s Attack and subtract one form his Defense for the rest of the round. The Berserker must attack all adjacent figures when berserk. Roll each attack separately.

Friendly: Banshees, Orcs

Fear Aura: Squad figures that the Black Knight attacks roll one less defense die.

Duck and Cover: When attacked by an adjacent figure that has a higher height than Dwarf, you may force the figure to reroll all skulls.
Trapfinding: You may add 4 to your die roll when trying to take a treasure glyph.
Shadow Strength: When Dwarf is on a dungeon or shadow space, add 1 to his Attack and Defense.

Ally: Woodfolk (Aubrien Archers)

DEADLY SHOT: When attacking with Elf, each skull rolled counts for one additional hit.

SHOT ON THE RUN: When Elf attacks, may do so at any time before, during or after his movement.

Ally: Sharwin Wildborn, Sonlen
Friendly: Erevan Sunhadow

Aura of Power: When rolling defense dice for Sorcerer, one shield will block all damage.
Hel’s Embrace: Choose a figure on a snow or ice space, or adjacent to a glacial mountain. If you inflict a wound, remove an order marker at random from the figure’s army card.
Hot Lava Death: Choose a figure that is on a lave field or molten lava space, or adjacent to a molten lava space. Roll 3 extra attack dice. Figures with the Lava Resistant special power are immune to Hot Lava Death.
Stone Spike: Choose a figure on a rock space or adjacent to a rock outcrop. Roll 2 extra attack dice.
Watery Doom: Choose a figure on or adjacent to a water space. The figure rolls two less defense dice.

Ally: Pirates of Tortuga
Freindly: Cathar Spearmen

Alert: If you have at least one order marker on this army card, add 8 to your initiative roll.
Counter Strike
Engagement Strike 13

Ally: Templars, Knights of Weston

Exorcise: After moving and before attacking, you may select a demon or undead figure within four clear sight spaces. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11-15, it takes one wound. If you roll 16-20, if takes two wounds.
Lay on Hands: Before moving, you may select an adjacent figure. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-5, nothing happens. If you roll 6-12, remove one wound marker from its army card. If you roll 13-18, remove two wound markers from its army card. If you roll 19-20, remove all wound markers from its army card. Lay on Hands may be used on the White Knight.

Absorb Essence: Once per round, before moving, choose a unique hero within 4 clear sight spaces. For the rest of the round, you will the Move, Range, Attack Defense and special powers of that hero. Your other special powers will not function until the next round.
Power of the Pit: Roll the 20-sided die for each figure in three clear sight spaces. If a figure is a squad figure and you roll an 8 or higher, destroy it. If it is a hero figure and you roll 17 or higher, destroy it. Power of the Pit does not affect Witch-King.
Disembodied: The Witch-King cannot pick up or carry treasure glyphs. When rolling defense dice, one shield will block all damage.

Ally: Erevan Sunshadow, Sonlen
Friendly: Sharwin Wildborn

Master of Hidden Paths: At any point before, during or after movement, the Wizard may choose an adjacent terrain feature such as a rock outcrop, glacial mountain, tree or jungle piece. Immediately place the Wizard on any unoccupied space adjacent to that terrain feature. He may do this more than once per turn. Wizard may use Pathfinder when moving with Master of Hidden Paths.
Pathfinder: Before moving, you may choose a small or medium friendly figure that is adjacent to Wizard. After moving, place the chosen figure on any unoccupied space adjacent to Wizard. Figures moved with Pathfinder will not take leaving engagement attacks.
Stones Fly Special Attack R7 A3: Wizard may attack four times with Stones Fly Special Attack. He may attack the same figure more than once.

Old June 27th, 2019, 01:41 PM

@Sherman Davies , @chas , @kolakoski

Please choose from one of the characters below!

Quote:
For the upcoming Magic Realm Heroscape game, choose one of the following characters. I will also list which units are on friendly terms with each character.

Aim: Once per turn, Amazon may reroll any attack dice when attacking a non-adjacent figure.

(Warriors of Ashra: As written except they have R5).

Friendly: Pirates of Tortuga, Cathars

Friendly: Banshees, Orcs

Ally: Woodfolk (Aubrien Archers)

Ally: Sharwin Wildborn, Sonlen
Friendly: Erevan Sunhadow

Ally: Pirates of Tortuga
Freindly: Cathar Spearmen

Counter Strike
Engagement Strike 13

Ally: Templars, Knights of Weston

Ally: Erevan Sunshadow, Sonlen
Friendly: Sharwin Wildborn

Last edited by Taeblewalker; June 27th, 2019 at 03:43 PM.
Old June 27th, 2019, 01:49 PM

Well met!

I’ll pick the Amazon.
Old June 5th, 2019, 08:37 PM

Added more to the above post. Instead of starting with allies, players begin with 30 gold to hire allies or friendlies. Keeping the gold and going it alone can be used as a Gold VP.

Still working on allies and friendlies for some of the characters, like the Swordsman, Sorcerer and Wizard. Suggestions are welcome.

Edit: We will set up the world using the Magic Realm tiles. HS terrain will be used fo combat. Think Titan; masterboard vs battlelands.

Each player gets 4 phases per day. Actions to take in a phase are:

Hide: Keep your characters from being seen (and targeted) by other players and monsters.
Hire: Try to get allies and friendlies to join your group.
Move: Go from one hex to another; needing two Move phases to enter a mountain clearing or going offroad.
Rest: Remove wound markers from heroes.
Search: Try to find treasure locations, hidden paths, secret passages, and hidden enemies.
Trade: Try to buy or sell treasure.

The Amazon gets an extra Move phase.
The Berserker and White Knight each get an extra Rest phase.
The Elf gets and extra Hide phase.

The Black Knight and White Knight reroll Hire and Trade rolls.
The Dwarf rerolls all Search rolls in caves.

Edit: We will be using Second Wind for heroes and followers, but not for monsters.

Edit: Each player can choose to start at the Chapel, Ghosts, Guard, House or Inn.

Edit: Still deciding what I want to do with spells.

Last edited by Taeblewalker; June 5th, 2019 at 09:24 PM.
Old June 6th, 2019, 09:00 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

So "Ghosts" and "Guard" are places?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion