• Lost Cities
  • Kung Fu Fighting
  • Mystery Rummy - Jeckyll & Hyde
Old March 13th, 2007, 08:43 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
I enjoy a good game of Uno or Skip-Bo.
Old March 14th, 2007, 12:31 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Has anyone played "Warriors" by Richard Borg and Alan Moon? I've been eyeing it at the local game shop, but haven't picked it up. I think I need some encouragement by a few positive comments

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old March 14th, 2007, 01:35 AM

countblah has disabled reputation
Bang.

See also the Bang expansion: Dodge City.

If you don't get a charge out of that, check your pulse, because you might be dead.

Waiting for my old avatar to dry off. And to quit stinking, too.

Old March 15th, 2007, 11:05 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The only one I've played is Yugioh. My sons like it so I picked up two structure decks. Based on my VERY limited knowledge, the structure decks seems to be a very good value as they seem to be better than the normal starter decks. But what do I know....
Old March 16th, 2007, 01:52 AM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I've never gotten into any CCG's. The whole idea of a blind booster just rubs me the wrong way. My brother was into Magic when it first came out. I played that a couple of times with him. It was fun, but I didn't find it addictive the same way he did.

Some non-collectable card games I like:
San Juan
Citadels
Munchkin
Gloom
...and of course you can't go wrong with a deck of plain-old playing cards and a copy of Hoyle's!

I'm not a big fan of Killer Bunnies. The actual game play is fun, but the win-conditions suck. Until someone comes up with a way to fix the endgame I consider this one broken.
Old March 16th, 2007, 01:57 AM

countblah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesntCompute
Cribbage.
That answer is so old that someone should get it a pipe and slippers.

I mean no disrespect, and I actually do like Cribbage, but in a thread where Yu-Gi-Oh is mentioned and cribbage pops up?

Waiting for my old avatar to dry off. And to quit stinking, too.

Old March 16th, 2007, 06:49 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Hey, we were looking for cheap right? There are tons of neat little card games you can get, Milborne, anything with a normal deck of cards, Lord of the Fries (a new acquisition of mine, very goofy) and the list can go on. If you want cheap stay away from the CCGs.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old March 19th, 2007, 11:22 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott
Nuclear War
Nuclear Escalation
Nuclear Proliferation
and the new-ish
Weapons of Mass Destruction....
I love this series of games! Started playing in HS many years ago. I will have to look for that one in my boxes of old stuff my family might like playing that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott
I can't believe that Nuclear War is over 40 years old now....
WOW!!! 40 years old but it really still holds up.

I also remember having a lot of fun with a card game called "wrasslin'" from Avalon Hill

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/1579
Old March 31st, 2007, 10:08 PM

Sundance Woo who?
I enjoy:

Guillotine
Naval Battles
Fluxx
Fairy Tales (Japanese card game)
Munchkin (any version) >> looking forward to Munckin Cthulhu
Gang of Four
Old March 31st, 2007, 11:27 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance
Munchkin (any version) >> looking forward to Munckin Cthulhu
I really need to get more versions of this.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 1st, 2007, 02:39 AM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by countblah
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesntCompute
Cribbage.
That answer is so old that someone should get it a pipe and slippers.

I mean no disrespect, and I actually do like Cribbage, but in a thread where Yu-Gi-Oh is mentioned and cribbage pops up?
LOL

When I read the title my first thoughts were Spades, Hearts, Cribbage, Gin, Bridge, etc. I buy regular playing cards 10 decks at a time and sometimes pay less than $1 a deck. Last year my son was stunned to see me playing Solitare with real cards...he thought it was only on the computer.

My son tried his hand at Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh but found them a bit simple (he's 9). I haven't seen WoW yet so have no opinion.

If you have a lot of money up front then any CCG becomes inexpensive in the long-run. When MtG first came out I had a friend with a comic book store who let me mass order through him. I bought 20 boxes of the Unlimited. I was able to fill a binder with 4 of everything and still have a lot left over. Once the first expansion came out I was able to sell enough excess rares to buy 10 boxes. Again I pulled out what I wanted and sold the rest. This cycle continued through my entire MtG years. I never spent any more of my money outside of those original 20 boxes.(admittedly nowadays that would probably be over $4000)

Any CCG can be as cheap or expensive as you want to make it. It mainly depends on peer pressure as how much money you have.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games