Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old April 7th, 2010, 09:51 AM

DarkBladeCB is surprisingly tart
Re: North Carolina Scapers

I want to throw it out there that, though my HeroScape is still rusty as all get out, when the summer rolls around (is that really only like a month from now!?) I will definitely be able to make it to those Sunday game days pretty routinely.

Just thought I'd pass that along if you're doing head counts for the future.

"Comics are a wellspring of imagination; comics can tell stories cheaply that other mediums cannot express. Today it costs $100 million to do special effects on film in 'Fantastic Four' that Jack Kirby could create 40 years ago with a pencil."
-Grant Morrison, at the New Yorker Festival
Old April 8th, 2010, 10:30 PM

d3athkiller is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Are there any tournaments for the Triangle coming up? I'm real eager to play some heroscape after like 7-8 month break and need someone who is actually a challenge to me. I know for a fact you'll beat me since i still havent got any wave 9 yet... also every sunday theres games at AF&G? I'll start probably coming to those once summer starts since I'm so caught up in Highschool,but to my fellow NC scapers enjoy your games for me.
Old April 8th, 2010, 11:23 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3athkiller View Post
Are there any tournaments for the Triangle coming up? I'm real eager to play some heroscape after like 7-8 month break and need someone who is actually a challenge to me. I know for a fact you'll beat me since i still havent got any wave 9 yet... also every sunday theres games at AF&G? I'll start probably coming to those once summer starts since I'm so caught up in Highschool,but to my fellow NC scapers enjoy your games for me.
There are no current plans for a tournament in this area. We are trying to get a regular group going at Game Theory on Sundays. There are no plans to play at AF&G on Sunday, that store closes at 6pm while Game Theory is allowing us to play till 8 or so.. If we can get people to show up at Game Theory on Sundays we might have a tournament in this area again for NHSD in my opinion. This summer will not work as whatever weekend we pick someone will be out of town. By the time everyone is done with their vactions it will be only a couple of months before NHSD. Why do two tournaments right on top of each other?

I am going to go to AF&G tomorrow night and set up several maps for a 10am to 8pm game session for this Saturday. This is something that I announced back in January before Game Theory opened and will probably be the last time that I put on an event at AF&G for the forseeable future. I will be building a three player map, one or two BOV maps and one large four player map. I posted three pictures of an earlier version fo this map in post 1690 of this thread. This map will have an objective on needing to get a Glyph of Bandar to the center of the map in order to turn on the Demongate that I got from Liefkicker.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old April 9th, 2010, 07:39 PM

Prometheus is surprisingly tart

I doubt I am going to make it tomorrow or Sunday. I hope to come next Sunday.
Old April 9th, 2010, 09:10 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'll be at AF&G around 11 or so tomorrow. Sorry but just not up to waking up early on a weekend, but I'll be there as soon as I can.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old April 10th, 2010, 09:41 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'll get to AF&G around 12:30. I'd gotten it in my head it was starting at noon because that was what I put in my calendar.
Old April 10th, 2010, 10:44 AM

Altron_ZERO Woo who?

Sorry, turns out I'm going over to vance granville to look at the campus and theres some other event going on there that my mom wants to go to. So I won't be at AF&G, I will be at game theory tomorrow though.

Old April 10th, 2010, 09:33 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Altron- Very sorry about the late notice on this, but I'm not going to be able to make it to GT tomorrow. There's one other person from the Meetup group who's indicated that he'll be there, and we've already had some new drop-ins. If you want to drop by, I'll have Rob at the store count you as an event organizer and you can pick up the 5 store raffle tickets for it.

If you're interested, I'll have left a map set up for you guys. If you see this tonight and decide you're not up for it, post here and I'll take note.

Oliver's setup today at AF&G was awesome, and he's a champ for having built such a monster ubermap, along with the standard BOV loadout. I took a bunch of pictures and I'll try to get them posted within the next day or so.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old April 12th, 2010, 06:44 AM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

If anyone in the area needs them the Wal-Mart on New Bern Ave. headed East out of Raleigh had three boosters yesterday. The hero pack from Wave 2 and both of the hero packs from Wave 8.

Old April 12th, 2010, 04:40 PM

d3athkiller is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Crap i so wish i had a car right now. i would drive there and buy them since i need some wave 1-10 packs lol
Old April 12th, 2010, 08:31 PM

Alright everyone here are some pictures of the big map I made for Saturday.

Granite-M and I played a game on this one that came down to Q-9 v Tandros Kreel. We both had other figures left but these two were the only heavy hitters still standing. When my Q-9 killed Tandros Granite-M conceeded. If Tandros had put two more wounds on Q-9 I would have conceeded. Between the various treasure glyphs he had picked up and normal glyphs that my other figures were standing on Q-9 was rolling 9 attack and defense dice!!! Tandros ended up taking 13 wounds before dieing as he had picked up two healing potions.

Old April 12th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Oliver, I'm so sorry I couldn't make it on Saturday. I know you put a lot of work into making it happen (and obviously a lot of work into building that map as well!).

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers