Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old April 2nd, 2009, 03:44 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The best 525 point army

Is there anything better than 3x 4th Massachusetts, 3x Knights of Weston, and Sir Gilbert?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Last edited by quozl; April 2nd, 2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 03:54 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker
Re: The best 525 point army

This isn't possible in a real game, but maybe 2 Zelrigs, Braxas and Nilfhiem.

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old April 2nd, 2009, 03:58 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSwipe View Post
This isn't possible in a real game, but maybe 2 Zelrigs, Braxas and Nilfhiem.
Not legal and way over points.

Quote:
Old April 2nd, 2009, 04:40 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The first thing that I can think of is a Vydar pod:
Q9 180
Raelin1 260
Ratsx3 380
Laglor 490
Marcu 510
Isamu 520

This could also work with KMA instead of Laglor.
Q9 180
Raelin1 260
Ratsx4 420
KMA 520

Another good army would be
Nilfheim 185
Raelin1 265
Rats x 3 385
Airborne Elite 495
Marcu 515
Isamu 525

I'm not sure who would win, but it would be fun to play.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 04:44 PM

Thanks, Rich! Those look good.

If we allowed in Marvel, what do you think about:

Captain America 220
Raelin 300
KMA 400
3x Deathreavers 520

Quote:

Last edited by quozl; April 2nd, 2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 05:05 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Thanks, Rich! Those look good.

Captain America 220
Raelin 300
KMA 400
4x Deathreavers 520
I love the KMA, but they don't do well against knights. If you can keep the KMA away from the knights, this could work.

Another fun army (using some less used figures) would be:
WOAx3 150
Nakitas 270
Skahen 390
Raelin1 470
MW 520
The key would be to make sure that the WOA engage the KOW, not the 4th Mass.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 06:04 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

quozl's original army is really strong, for sure, even though it needs to drop one figure.

Quote:

Captain America 220
Raelin 300
KMA 400
4x Deathreavers 520
That's actually 3x Deathreavers, and yes, that's a really, really strong army. A bit slanted towards defense, but extremely strong.

Rich, it's funny, but your Skahen/Nakitas/Raelin/WoA army is almost exactly the all-female army I mentioned yesterday in the 500 point thread. And you're right... it is very strong against knights and 4th.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
quozl's original army is really strong, for sure, even though it needs to drop one figure.

Quote:

Captain America 220
Raelin 300
KMA 400
4x Deathreavers 520
That's actually 3x Deathreavers, and yes, that's a really, really strong army. A bit slanted towards defense, but extremely strong.
Thanks! I edited in the correction. What other armies do you think would be good against the 4th/Knights combo?

Quote:
Old April 2nd, 2009, 08:23 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

GenCon was 520 points last year. Some of those armies are probably still relevant @ 525.

That's a solid army though. I'm hesitant to say that any army is the best. Every army has its good and bad matchups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old April 2nd, 2009, 08:43 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

The only downsides are a lack of any kind of special attack and a lack of a dependable Q9/Marvel counter (especially if they have Raelin and/or rats with them). In my experience Rats own both the knights and the 4th, so they clog this army up like no other. I tried it out a few weeks ago in preparation for the tourney and it worked pretty well, though. It's really a 507.5 pt. army because of the one squaddie you have to drop (and the fractional scoring format), but I don't think you're really losing too much there. If we only had that 5 extra points...
Old April 2nd, 2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Rich, it's funny, but your Skahen/Nakitas/Raelin/WoA army is almost exactly the all-female army I mentioned yesterday in the 500 point thread. And you're right... it is very strong against knights and 4th.
My daughter likes to play with armies that are female based. It is a fun army to play with.

Another army that should do well is a dragon themed army. The key here would be how long the rat screen holds up.
Braxas 210
Nilfheim or Zelrig 395
Rats x 3 515
Isamu 525
Old April 2nd, 2009, 09:22 PM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Zelrig- 185
Braxas- 400
KMA- 500
Marcu- 520

That's what I'd take.

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion