Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old April 10th, 2020, 04:15 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

I've now seen Season One of ST Picard, which I rate B+.
And the first half of Season One of ST Discovery, which I rate B.

I do have a major plot problem with them both, relating to their most pivotal plot conceits (android death and mutiny) but discussing them would involve major spoilers. Fell free to PM me to discuss these if you like.

I saw a youtube rumor that CBS will sell all of its Star Trek franchise to Seth McFarlane and NBC. That would be interesting.

The aftershow episodes The Ready Room for Discovery don't seem to be up for Season One anymore on youtube (or anywhere else), although those for Season Two are. Too bad. If you know how to find them, let me know!
Old April 13th, 2020, 11:32 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I've now revised my CBS Star Trek ratings upward: A- For Picard, B+ for Discovery.

The important thing to know about Discovery is that while the first season is not as Star Treky as many people wanted, it is going far in that direction in Season 2. It is also linking up more clearly with ST canon in a big way.

I was pretty turned off by the first episode they showed on broadcast, which was all I had seen up until recently, but now I'm liking it. I know a pal recently told me he gave up after two episodes. But being an Anime fan, where story arcs often come together only slowly, I've learned to give a decent show time to find its groove. Of course that's true to a lesser extent for regular TV in general as well.
Old April 13th, 2020, 11:45 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Well, we for sure know what araceliip69 is watching. And a lot of it!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 13th, 2020, 11:50 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I just finished watching season 20 of a Dutch TV show called Wie Is De Mol?

Pretty fun show, and it helps me with my Dutch so I can keep up when I’m over at my in-laws’
Old April 14th, 2020, 01:46 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

My daughter is watching Dark to help her with her German! It’s supposed to be good but I just can’t imagine diving into a serious tv show in another language. Kingdom, the fun, stylized, gory South Korean zombie thriller, is not at all “serious.” And I enjoyed wrapping up the second season a few nights ago.

= =
Old April 14th, 2020, 01:50 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Yeah, this is a reality competition show, plus we use subtitles, plus I pause and ask my wife what’s going on about twice per episode.
Old April 14th, 2020, 01:51 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

That sounds like an excellent way to learn a language.

= =
Old May 3rd, 2020, 08:11 AM

Working on my second free month of CBS All Access, I'm now going through the four season run of Star Trek Enterprise. I haven't seen them since they were first broadcast. If you look at Season 3 Episode 20, you can see a brief cameo by another Star Trek fan--Seth MacFarlane! Wikipedia tells me he will also appear once in the fourth season.
Old May 18th, 2020, 06:20 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

My youngest has been working through her first time watching Avatar the Last Airbender. Since it is now on Netflix, we binged season 3 yesterday. That ending still moves me after watching it so many times. Such a great series. Love being able to catch all the foreshadowing for the finale, and all the stuff like the irony of Zuko visiting Iroh in prison.
Old May 22nd, 2020, 10:06 AM

If you're an Outlander fan, I just want to mention that the Kickstarter is up for Commands & Colors Tricorne: Jacobite Rising. Its a light wargame simulating the Scottish Rebellion shown on that show:

Old May 27th, 2020, 03:27 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Stargirl
Really liking it so far. Old school heroes so probably not going to be part of the Arrow'verse which is kind of weird but I am sure they will crossover at some point.

Not liking that there is an extended version on the DC platform so I am getting a cut version. Pilot was top notch. Did more developing a universe in one episode then some of the shows did in the first season.

Legends of Tomorrow has gone of the rails camp now and it is pretty awesome.
Zombie episode was awesome and the Friends, Star Trek, Downtown Abbey episode was pretty great.
Old May 30th, 2020, 09:59 AM

Stargirl is made by DC Universe rather than the Arrowverse folks, so there is a bigger budget and better production.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV