Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 26th, 2020, 12:54 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Planetar Angel - 029

I am working on this figure and have ran into a fork in the road with potentially divisive consequences so I wanted to run it through here really quick. I'm thinking this guy (Orion) could be a Hero from Aquilla's Kyrie of the Moon Tribe.

The obvious/safe thing to do with any Kyrie would be to make him a Warrior and call him Orion the Kyrie Warrior.

However, what would everyone think of him being a Tribesman and calling him Orion, Kyrie of the Moon Tribe?

Obviously, the name/class would be a split from the rest of the Kyrie but the Kyrie of the Moon Tribe were described as insular so I'm thinking maybe it could fit?
Old May 26th, 2020, 01:20 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

He looks more like a Jandar or Ullar Kyrie to me. Aquilla Kyrie have insectile wings.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 26th, 2020, 01:23 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
He looks more like a Jandar or Ullar Kyrie to me. Aquilla Kyrie have insectile wings.
We know that for sure? I couldn't find much in the compendium for ideas of abilities or description. Another source, I'm assuming?
Old May 26th, 2020, 02:08 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

To be honest, I'm not sure. We know that each Kyrie has different kinds of wings; Jandar's Kyrie are all a silver metallic, Utgar's Kyrie all have bat-like wings, Ullar's Kyrie all have wings that we usually think of as angelic (white, feathered, and strong-looking), Einar's Kyrie have black bird-like wings like you might see on a hawk or a falcon.

The classic game never gave us Kyrie for Vydar, Valkrill, or Aquilla, but it is reasonable to think that Aquilla's Kyrie will have insectile wings of some sort, based on other figures in her army--whether they look like bee/fly wings, butterfly wings, etc.

So, all that to say, this figure's wings make it look like an Ullar Kyrie to me.

--
--
--

--
Old May 26th, 2020, 02:20 PM

Quote:
To be honest, I'm not sure. We know that each Kyrie has different kinds of wings; Jandar's Kyrie are all a silver metallic, Utgar's Kyrie all have bat-like wings, Ullar's Kyrie all have wings that we usually think of as angelic (white, feathered, and strong-looking), Einar's Kyrie have black bird-like wings like you might see on a hawk or a falcon.

The classic game never gave us Kyrie for Vydar, Valkrill, or Aquilla, but it is reasonable to think that Aquilla's Kyrie will have insectile wings of some sort, based on other figures in her army--whether they look like bee/fly wings, butterfly wings, etc.

So, all that to say, this figure's wings make it look like an Ullar Kyrie to me.
Sounds reasonable. What about the skin then? Would definitely make him stand out from the other Ullar Kyrie.
Old May 26th, 2020, 02:23 PM

Personally I'm fine with the skin color.

It's worth considering whether you would rather go with a different species and home world though.

--
--
--

--
Old May 26th, 2020, 02:29 PM

Quote:

It's worth considering whether you would rather go with a different species and home world though.
Two (3?) indirectly related questions:

How do you feel about the clear stand making its way to Heroscape?

What General would you place this "Kyrie" under? Or would it also be worth considering a different species and home world?
Old May 26th, 2020, 02:55 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:

What General would you place this "Kyrie" under? Or would it also be worth considering a different species and home world?
Look at the newest Raptorian for the answer about the stands

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old May 26th, 2020, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Look at the newest Raptorian for the answer about the stands
Good call! My guess on General would be Einar or Valkrill.
Old May 26th, 2020, 03:50 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Sounds reasonable. What about the skin then? Would definitely make him stand out from the other Ullar Kyrie.
The skin color doesn't really matter. Empress Kiova and the Einar Imperium's skin don't match, and neither does Kelda's with Raelin and Concan.

The wings definitely look like an Ullar Kyrie, though. We haven't seen any canon Aquilla Kyrie, but I agree with caps that they should ideally have insect wings.

Quote:

Flight stands are already used for the Zettian Deathwings and Clawfoot Interceptor. Swaysil, a unit currently under SoV review, also uses one. It shouldn't be a problem.

For the general, I've always thought that sculpt looks like a perfect Vydar Kyrie. It's a tough call because we never saw an official Vydar Kyrie (and Calibrax is a traitor related to Emperor Andask), but the wings don't look so similar to the Einar Imperium that she has to follow Einar, in my opinion.
Old May 26th, 2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Regarding the clear stand, I would expect the "standard" way to base the figures continues to be via their feet (the raptorians are baseable that way), but I have no opinion otherwise.

That figure probably fits best for Einar, but opinions will likely vary.

--
--
--

--
Old May 26th, 2020, 11:22 PM

GreatPlainsKnight knows what's in an order marker GreatPlainsKnight knows what's in an order marker

In Thormun’s Journal (Entry #27 to be exact) it says this about Vydar, “His wings are great black-feathered things.” I assume Vydar’s people would have similar wings.

Also in Entry #45 it says, “The large carrion birds that have followed us for so long through the mountains are finally descending. As I prepare myself for battle, Raelin points out that these are not birds. They are Kyrie of the Moon Tribe.” Last time I checked, birds don’t have insect-like wings.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards