Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old May 18th, 2020, 08:12 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: [Pod 2] Kiora, the Rising Tide - Design

I'll just reiterate that I'm fine with either of the two directions currently being discussed, either:

A): An Einar character named Durnipia with a healing focus who may or may not also have some water-based abilities.

B): An Aquilla character NOT named Durnipia with a water focus who may or may not also have some healing abilities.

While I like Zetsubo's design, I think I still have a slight preference for the version I suggested earlier which is quite similar, albeit with some key differences:

Quote:
WATER HEALER
Aquilla (Or Einar if named Durnipia)
5 Life / 5 Move / 1 Range / 3 Attack / 3 Defense

CARRIED BY WAVES
While Kiora is on a land space, that space and all same-level spaces adjacent to Kiora are considered water spaces. Kiora and friendly figures adjacent to Kiora do not have to stop their movement when entering a water space.

HEALING WATERS
After taking a turn with Kiora, you may roll the d20 for each friendly figure within four clear sight spaces on a water space. If you roll a ?15? or higher, remove a wound from that figure's army card.
I like how this version of healing waters makes her more unique as a healer by allowing her to heal multiple heroes at once, but I'd also be on board with Zetsubo's version which has the potential to more consistently heal a single hero.
Old May 18th, 2020, 11:20 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
I'm not a huge fan of making her Einar and I don't think this is the best sculpt to make Durnipia, but that's not a choice I'm absolutely against. Healing waters is a great reference to Marro Warriors Water Clone. Carried by waves isn't too overly complex and let's us have a terrain changing ability.

Quote:
Kiora
5 Life 5 Move 1 Range 3 Attack 3 Defense

CARRIED BY WAVES
All land spaces within 1 space of Kiora that are no more than 2 levels above or below Kiora's base are considered water spaces. Kiora and friendly figures adjacent to Kiora do not have to stop their movement when entering a water space.

HEALING WATERS:
After moving and before attacking with Kiora, you may choose a wounded Hero you control within 4 clear sight spaces and roll the 20 sided die. On a 15 or higher, remove a wound from the chosen Hero. If the chosen Hero is on a water space, add 5 to your roll. Kiora may choose herself with Healing Waters.
This is a very cool direction. I would consider going for 2 wounds, like Ana Karithon did.

P.S. @Owlman , could you please just post your brainstorms as plaintext? Your cards don't show up great on my screen and it makes them harder to read (so sometimes when I see them I just skip them )
Lol sure thing!

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old May 19th, 2020, 08:37 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

OK, so we're basically at a point where we should decide on if this should be Durnipia or a someone else.

I'd like to get everyone's preference real quick. If it's going to be Durnipia, then Einar as the general is the most sensible choice, and if not, then Aquilla is the most sensible choice. If most folks want her to be Dunipia and follow Aquilla, that's fine too.

Capt Stupendous: Either Way
PK: I think Durpinia
flameslayer: Either Way, leaning someone else
Zetsubo: someone else
@Confred : ???
@Amarant : ???
@Owlman : Durnipia

I also think healing for 2 would be a good dial to tune if she just isn't worth the OM but I wouldn't complain if she was ultimately a sub-100 points hero since we certainly need some of those.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; May 19th, 2020 at 10:23 AM. Reason: from the owl's mouth
Old May 19th, 2020, 10:21 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

I'm strongly in favor of a sub 100 pt figure who can heal here and there for 1-2 wounds tops, and who can also be a tie up/annoyance around water terrain for enemy units.

I'm down for her to be Durnipia.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old May 20th, 2020, 04:00 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

That's a great draft - and yes, I'm totally good with that being Durnipia. Great way to tie it into the lore.
Old May 22nd, 2020, 11:12 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I haven't been able to get on these as rapidly as I had hoped. Here's a figure cutout of her to mark my place for reminders.

She looks best in Ullar frame I think and snazzy in Jandar, but a little late to campaign for generals. I could see merfolk in Aquilla.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old May 22nd, 2020, 11:29 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
I'm not a huge fan of making her Einar and I don't think this is the best sculpt to make Durnipia, but that's not a choice I'm absolutely against. Healing waters is a great reference to Marro Warriors Water Clone. Carried by waves isn't too overly complex and let's us have a terrain changing ability.

Quote:
Kiora
5 Life 5 Move 1 Range 3 Attack 3 Defense

CARRIED BY WAVES
All land spaces within 1 space of Kiora that are no more than 2 levels above or below Kiora's base are considered water spaces. Kiora and friendly figures adjacent to Kiora do not have to stop their movement when entering a water space.

HEALING WATERS:
After moving and before attacking with Kiora, you may choose a wounded Hero you control within 4 clear sight spaces and roll the 20 sided die. On a 15 or higher, remove a wound from the chosen Hero. If the chosen Hero is on a water space, add 5 to your roll. Kiora may choose herself with Healing Waters.
This is a very cool direction. I would consider going for 2 wounds, like Ana Karithon did.

P.S. @Owlman , could you please just post your brainstorms as plaintext? Your cards don't show up great on my screen and it makes them harder to read (so sometimes when I see them I just skip them )
My initial thoughts were
Melted Greater Ice Elemental with targeted heal on water

or Melted Greater Ice Elemental with roll heal, enhanced if on water.

So I'm glad others are converging on this design.

In defense of the water aura is the sploosh at the bottom of her base.

Old May 22nd, 2020, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
I'm strongly in favor of a sub 100 pt figure who can heal here and there for 1-2 wounds tops, and who can also be a tie up/annoyance around water terrain for enemy units.

I'd like the the other guy, the merfolk from AotP to be that figure.

What's Durnipia?

Also, fun link:
https://cgsociety.org/c/featured/flqd/kiora

Old May 23rd, 2020, 01:15 AM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post

I'd like the the other guy, the merfolk from AotP to be that figure.

What's Durnipia?

Also, fun link:
https://cgsociety.org/c/featured/flqd/kiora
Mentioned in some bios, i know valguard is one.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old May 23rd, 2020, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
She doesn't look at all like Valguard's species.

I'd rather her be Dragonborn before that.

Old May 23rd, 2020, 05:38 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
She doesn't look at all like Valguard's species.

I'd rather her be Dragonborn before that.
Durnipia is theoretically Einar’s healer, and she attached an alien arm to Valguard. Durnipia’s species was never clarified.

Valguard on the other hand, is 90% human 10% alien.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 12:00 PM

Quote:

I haven't been able to get on these as rapidly as I had hoped. Here's a figure cutout of her to mark my place for reminders.

She looks best in Ullar frame I think and snazzy in Jandar, but a little late to campaign for generals. I could see merfolk in Aquilla.
While she does look alot like Aquilla, after looking t her bronze colored armor, she could be Durnipia/Einar after all. Einar tends to have orange/bronze colored themes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs