Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old May 15th, 2020, 09:38 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!
Re: [Pod 2] Sorin of the Eternal Thirst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
If you go Vlad, an Impaler power would be cool.
Where he leaves the bodies of destroyed figures on the battlefield as trophies and to breed fear.
I had a power called "Impale" but no ones going for it apparently, haha :P

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old May 15th, 2020, 10:05 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Right on. The image of the fallen left on display felt cool and theme-y.
I thought there was hesitation to card actual people.?
Old May 15th, 2020, 01:13 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I believe only 1 person has said they were hesitant to card real people. I get that.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 15th, 2020, 01:21 PM

Ketchupgeek is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
I believe only 1 person has said they were hesitant to card real people. I get that.
You can always work around it in this case that the card is based on the "legend" of Vlad the Impaler and the rumors of things he did and less about the actual guy. Did he actually paralyze people with his stare? No. But is it believable for the legend? You betcha.
Old May 15th, 2020, 01:44 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
And if its an issue we can just call him dalv.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Last edited by Heroscaper Guy; May 15th, 2020 at 01:47 PM. Reason: i kid, mostly since it doesnt roll off the tongue
Old May 16th, 2020, 06:49 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Quote:
Quote:
And if its an issue we can just call him dalv.

That's ok, I was jokingly calling him Chadmir in the discord lol.

Back to serious mode:
Since an attack aura has been discussed (and certainly needs to be toned down both for the Master Set and for the actual metagame...), I'll toss out the simplicity of Attack Aura 1 again. As long as he has a power that is good in battle (such as Paralyzing Stare, Gore or a rename of it), the theme of him scaring his own troops so much that they'll fight harder will come through nicely. Plus, since powers are effectively reuses, we make Scytale's life easier.

Quote:
Vlad Dracula
Human/Warlord/Terrifying/Medium 5
5 Life/5 Move/1 Range/3 Attack/4 Defense

Attack Aura 1: Adjacent melee dudes get +1 attack.
Paralyzing Stare 16: On a 16+, dudes Vlad attacks can't roll defense.
Gore: +1 wound to heroes that Vlad damages.
90 points

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 16th, 2020, 12:30 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

So I was thinking, what if we make Vlad a throwback to Ornak in some respects?

Also, would anyone be open to the idea of instead recycling MBS's shtick, instead it becomes sort of a reversal when a Hero decides to attack Vlad?

(My wording may be too complicated here, just a rough draft)

Like this:

Vlad Tepes Dracula
Human/Warlord/Terrifying/Medium 5
5 Life/5 Move/1 Range/4 Attack/3 Defense
120-140 pts??)

Ruthless Warlord
If Order Marker 1 is placed on Vlad, then instead of taking a turn with Vlad, you may destroy an adjacent Squad figure you control, then immediately take a turn with 1 Squad you control who follows Utgar. Each figure in the Squad moved in this way may add 1 to their Movement and Attack dice for this turn. (All Squad figures used in this way must be within 8 clear sight spaces of Vlad before moving.)

Paralyzed with Fear
When an adjacent Unique Hero would choose to attack Vlad, you must roll the 20 sided die. On a 16 or higher, that figure may not attack Vlad, and immediately ends its turn.

Gore
When Vlad successfully wounds a Unique Hero, you may choose an adjacent Squad figure, and destroy it.

(Granted that version of Gore may be a little powerful...)

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old May 16th, 2020, 01:46 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

We need to keep in mind complexity levels. 3 powers is a lot, especially when they do everything that they do.

Also, yeah, we should probably find another Romanian name that still brings to mind Vlad.

Making him a warlord is a great idea.

What about combining the “bonus for killing” with an aura - if he destroys a figure, the rest of the round he adds 1 to all figures adjacent and himself?
Old May 16th, 2020, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
We need to keep in mind complexity levels. 3 powers is a lot, especially when they do everything that they do.

Also, yeah, we should probably find another Romanian name that still brings to mind Vlad.

Making him a warlord is a great idea.

What about combining the “bonus for killing” with an aura - if he destroys a figure, the rest of the round he adds 1 to all figures adjacent and himself?
I personally love the Gore ability moreso than any Stare ability, although the way I worded it is more like Cleave tho, I realized...*face palm*

I'm a big fan of the full "Vlad Tepes Dracula" as a full name.

Old May 16th, 2020, 04:39 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I suppose we do have Spartacus in classic.
Old May 16th, 2020, 05:19 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Crixus and Parmenio say hi.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old May 16th, 2020, 05:20 PM
I could go

Quote:
And isnt there the einar sniper from C3V who was a real guy?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs