Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 9th, 2017, 06:32 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: C3G Public Design Nominations - Now Nominating Round 47

Is it just me or is it really difficult to determine who is eligible AND active? It seems like either they don't have enough points, or they are inactive. I see Arkham nominated Gutudak but I don't see Gutudak in the Public Design Thread? Am I just a noob?
Old April 9th, 2017, 06:49 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
Is it just me or is it really difficult to determine who is eligible AND active? It seems like either they don't have enough points, or they are inactive. I see Arkham nominated Gutudak but I don't see Gutudak in the Public Design Thread? Am I just a noob?
Gutudak did his other designs in the Danger Room, which is why you probably didn't see any designs posted in the Public thread.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 9th, 2017, 06:51 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
No, not just you... I'm active and have been following C3G for years, and it's just confusing as hell right now. The entire present system is in need of a massive overhaul.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 9th, 2017, 06:58 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I had initially wanted to save this for a danger room because it fit into a release I was working on. Looks like it may be more useful here so...

I nominate @Heroscaper Guy for Miss Martian. I can't find a posting of the most recent version we worked on so here is where I have it...

Quote:
MISS MARTIAN
M’GANN M’ORZZ

MARTIAN
UNIQUE HERO
Titan
EAGER
MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS =

TITAN TELEPATH
Miss Martian is also considered to have the class of Telepath. While Miss Martian is in play all Sidekicks and Titans you control are considered in clear sight of each other. If an opponent would take temporary or permanent control of any Sidekick or Titan figure you control, you instead may remove any unrevealed Order Marker from this card. If you do, the opposing player’s turn immediately ends.

INTANGIBILITY
Miss Martian can move through all figures and obstacles such as ruins, and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Miss Martian cannot be targeted by opponents’ non-adjacent figures for any attacks, or for any special powers that require clear sight.

TELEKINESIS 12
After moving and before attacking, you may choose either Miss Martian or a small or medium figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Miss Martian. Roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to the roll for each Telepath you control adjacent to Miss Martian. If you roll 12 or higher, you may place the chosen figure on any empty space within 4 spaces of its original placement. After the figure is placed, you may roll the 20-sided die for damage. If you roll 11 or higher, the figure receives 1 wound. Chosen figures do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING
He's both active and has enough points for a Public Design.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 9th, 2017, 06:58 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Looks cool - that's one of the designs I was looking at, and would have considered nominating if @Blink had come back saying she was up for it. Just checking, you have run this by her?
One thing I will say about the design is that I'm not sure I like Goddess of Death being restricted to Asgardians for bringing them back. It confines her pretty heavily to counter-draft status for her price (or an Asgardian heavy army, which is also limiting due to her price and the price of most Asgardians), and it doesn't even have the benefit of confining it to lower-level figures, on account of, you know, Thor. If there is a reason for it to only be Asgardians, I'd like there to be more chance of getting it to work and less necessity of having her in a game that's piled with Asgardians in order to get arguably the coolest part of her card working. Other than that, I think it looks interesting.
I believe at one point Blink gave her blessing for anyone to run with her designs since she was no longer interested in LDing. Not sure if I can find a quote, other than me stating the same thing at one point in January of last year. Others have taken her initial designs and ran with them as well. So I believe it was the case. I stated back in January of last year that I'd PM her about Hela, not sure if I ever did because I consistently have to delete PMs to make space.

Either way, I have no problem reaching out to her again to see if she's in favor. @Blink

As for why the limitation on Asgardians for bringing them back from the dead, the logic there was because usually Hela doesn't waste her time on figures that aren't powerful. So Asgardians all kind of fit that mold, and are thematic. I don't think it'd be too much to have her adding to the roll if it is an Asgardian, and opening it up though. Granted she can still kill anyone with it, so there's still that, regardless.
Old April 9th, 2017, 06:59 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
I live with Gutudak, so that's the only reason I knew of his desire to design her. He hasn't been around lately though, so I just asked if he'd be interested in being nominated.
Old April 9th, 2017, 07:26 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ok, thanks for clearing that up everyone.
Old April 9th, 2017, 07:28 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Looks cool - that's one of the designs I was looking at, and would have considered nominating if @Blink had come back saying she was up for it. Just checking, you have run this by her?
One thing I will say about the design is that I'm not sure I like Goddess of Death being restricted to Asgardians for bringing them back. It confines her pretty heavily to counter-draft status for her price (or an Asgardian heavy army, which is also limiting due to her price and the price of most Asgardians), and it doesn't even have the benefit of confining it to lower-level figures, on account of, you know, Thor. If there is a reason for it to only be Asgardians, I'd like there to be more chance of getting it to work and less necessity of having her in a game that's piled with Asgardians in order to get arguably the coolest part of her card working. Other than that, I think it looks interesting.
I believe at one point Blink gave her blessing for anyone to run with her designs since she was no longer interested in LDing. Not sure if I can find a quote, other than me stating the same thing at one point in January of last year. Others have taken her initial designs and ran with them as well. So I believe it was the case. I stated back in January of last year that I'd PM her about Hela, not sure if I ever did because I consistently have to delete PMs to make space.

Either way, I have no problem reaching out to her again to see if she's in favor. @Blink

As for why the limitation on Asgardians for bringing them back from the dead, the logic there was because usually Hela doesn't waste her time on figures that aren't powerful. So Asgardians all kind of fit that mold, and are thematic. I don't think it'd be too much to have her adding to the roll if it is an Asgardian, and opening it up though. Granted she can still kill anyone with it, so there's still that, regardless.
Yeah, but the killing is limited to adjacent, unlikely, and, honestly, not as cool or interesting. If she only cares about powerful people, perhaps a Super Strength restriction, possibly for a boost to the roll for Asgardians?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 9th, 2017, 07:29 PM

A SS restriction wouldn't be bad.
Old April 9th, 2017, 08:08 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I had initially wanted to save this for a danger room because it fit into a release I was working on. Looks like it may be more useful here so...

I nominate @Heroscaper Guy for Miss Martian. I can't find a posting of the most recent version we worked on so here is where I have it...

Quote:
MISS MARTIAN
M’GANN M’ORZZ

MARTIAN
UNIQUE HERO
Titan
EAGER
MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS =

TITAN TELEPATH
Miss Martian is also considered to have the class of Telepath. While Miss Martian is in play all Sidekicks and Titans you control are considered in clear sight of each other. If an opponent would take temporary or permanent control of any Sidekick or Titan figure you control, you instead may remove any unrevealed Order Marker from this card. If you do, the opposing player’s turn immediately ends.

INTANGIBILITY
Miss Martian can move through all figures and obstacles such as ruins, and is never attacked when leaving an engagement. Miss Martian cannot be targeted by opponents’ non-adjacent figures for any attacks, or for any special powers that require clear sight.

TELEKINESIS 12
After moving and before attacking, you may choose either Miss Martian or a small or medium figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Miss Martian. Roll the 20-sided die. Add 1 to the roll for each Telepath you control adjacent to Miss Martian. If you roll 12 or higher, you may place the chosen figure on any empty space within 4 spaces of its original placement. After the figure is placed, you may roll the 20-sided die for damage. If you roll 11 or higher, the figure receives 1 wound. Chosen figures do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING
Not to throw a damper on this (I do want to see Miss Martian eventually though and I do think that is the "current design" for her, I'd have to check), but I am way too busy right now. Between trying to apply for jobs, college classes, etc, I wouldn't have time to playtest and work on design right now. Maybe during the summer, but I can't right now unless I want to give myself even more stress, by putting more stuff on my plate and I'd rather not (that's kinda why I've only been lurking as of late, don't want to get pulled in and have other stuff suffer).

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old April 9th, 2017, 08:45 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Others have taken her initial designs and ran with them as well. So I believe it was the case.
I took her initial Cheshire design and after a conversation with her and the Hero she worked on it with I received both of their blessings to run with it. Though we ended up changing several things but anyways. If there were others then I don't know about them.

Regardless...
I'd venture to guess that if someone has a "similar" take on a Publicly drafted figure from a member that hasn't logged on in over 18 months you wouldn't get a huge outrage over it. I'm not saying just repost their design but if there is a design that you "almost" love and think you can modify it, I'd at least post it in the Publc thread and possibly Quote/Tag them to see if they even respond.

If you post a design for a figure that is "drafted" in the Public it's not much different than if you post a figure that is drafted by a Hero...Only in this case if it's different enough let the public decide which they prefer.

Old April 9th, 2017, 08:49 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post

Quote:
MISS MARTIAN
M’GANN M’ORZZ

MARTIAN
UNIQUE HERO
Titan
EAGER
MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS =

TITAN TELEPATH

INTANGIBILITY

TELEKINESIS 12

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING
Not to throw a damper on this (I do want to see Miss Martian eventually though and I do think that is the "current design" for her, I'd have to check), but I am way too busy right now. Between trying to apply for jobs, college classes, etc, I wouldn't have time to playtest and work on design right now. Maybe during the summer, but I can't right now unless I want to give myself even more stress, by putting more stuff on my plate and I'd rather not (that's kinda why I've only been lurking as of late, don't want to get pulled in and have other stuff suffer).
I can appreciate that (currently looking for a job myself) but just to let you know it looks like it will be Summer before we actually start a vote so you might want to wait until the vote is close to starting and then decided. You never know the time may be right by then. Also with essentially reuse powers and a design that fits within a planned faction it shouldn't be that bad of a LD. She essentially just needs an official cost.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy