Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old July 24th, 2011, 11:43 AM

JackD Woo who?
Re: The Book of Pyro

Thanks for the detailed answer !

Here's a short story from today's session:
Me: SHIELD Sniper, Swamp Thing, Wolverine
Son: Batman, Human Torch, Mad Hatter, Flash

After some interesting moments (where Batman attack for 5+1 dice and hit my Wolverine for 5 damage, then Wolverine with Adamantium attack Flash 3x and all miss because of his Dodge ability, then my Swamp Thing attack Flash once and deals 4 damage, Flash is KO!), this is the final position:
Me: SHIELD Sniper ( 1 life) , Swamp Thing ( 2 life left, with a Hat Token from Mad Hatter )
Son: Human Torch with 4 wounds ( 1 life left )

My son's Human Torch is adjacent to my Swamp Thing, and around 5 hexes far from SHIELD Sniper. This is Human Torch Turn.

If Human Torch attack Swamp Thing, he has a moderate chance to KO Swamp Thing (but Swamp Thing may survive and may attack back later because the hat token is destroyed), but then there is a great chance the SHIELD Sniper (who stands higher than him) can KO him the next Turn.

So the best way for my son is to use the Flame on 4, which has a great probability to KO Swamp Thing (easy 4+ roll for 2 damage), then move to SHIELD Sniper, use the Supernova Special Attack, which has a great chance (7 dice!) to KO the Sniper, and win the game.

This is where the question comes from. Referencing from Pyro's card, I'm sure that a Hero can move 0 space. But then the text in Human Torch is different. All I know is that a Flying Hero must fly when start moving then stop flying when stop moving, that's why we treat flying the same as moving, only flying can move not counting the high terrain and can move through anything including water, etc. I think "when Human Torch starts to fly" means the same as "When Human Torch starts to move"

And this is the first time I hear this : "Human Torch can walk 2 spaces, then fly." Reading the Flying explanation in Iron Man card and reading the Marvel Rulebook, I still can't find this....any reference ?

Back to my questions (reading from your explanation):
- Pyro can do that (as written in his card: Engulf 11 then move 0 / move around the opponent, so no leaving engagement attack)
- Human Torch can not do that, because by the time he decide to Fly, it's leaving engagement attack.

By the way, the ending for my session is:
Human Torch decide to leave engagement, Swamp Thing roll, a blue ! (miss!), then I roll to avoid Flame on 4, boom, Swamp Thing goes down. Quickly Human Torch move and attack SHIELD Sniper with Supernova kabooommm !!! He wins !! Yes, he is smiling all afternoon and bringing Human Torch miniature everywhere as his new hero

Thx!

JackD
Old July 24th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackD View Post
Back to my questions (reading from your explanation):
- Pyro can do that (as written in his card: Engulf 11 then move 0 / move around the opponent, so no leaving engagement attack)
- Human Torch can not do that, because by the time he decide to Fly, it's leaving engagement attack.
This is correct my friend. Human Torch is designed to be a risky/brash character just like he is in the comics. You have a much higher chance of wounding others with his Flame On power than they can with a leaving engagement attack. Engulf is a before moving power, which just lets you know what part of the turn to use the power. You can always choose to move 0 spaces.
Old July 24th, 2011, 12:59 PM

JackD Woo who?

Thx.

Any more information about this?
Quote:
And this is the first time I hear this : "Human Torch can walk 2 spaces, then fly." Reading the Flying explanation in Iron Man card and reading the Marvel Rulebook, I still can't find this....any reference ?
Old July 24th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackD View Post
Thx.

Any more information about this?
Quote:
You know, I searched the Rulebooks and read the flying ability on the cards, and didn't find the definitive reference you're looking for. (sigh)

Best I could find is from the FAQ (it's the first link in the first post).

Here's the relevant text:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying
Q: Do flying characters take leaving engagement attacks as soon as they start to move?

A: Yes unless otherwise stated on the card. If they choose not to fly, they can move like a normal walking character and not take leaving engagement attacks until they actually leave the engagement. As soon as an engaged figure declares that they are flying, they will take any leaving engagement attacks.
Basically, flying is an ability that you can trigger on and off. You can start to fly 2 spaces, land, walk 3 spaces, fly 1 space, etc. Unfortunately, the above text only infers this rather than stating it explicitly. As far as finding an actual rule that states this...

Hopefully, someone can find this.

Last edited by davidlhsl; July 24th, 2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old July 24th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

OK, the FAQ is clear that when flying you can switch between flying and "walking". The reason for this is that Flying is NOT an "instead of moving normally" power. It is an addition to moving normally and it is worded in a way that you "may" do some additional things such as move over water, figures, etc.
Old July 24th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
OK, the FAQ is clear that when flying you can switch between flying and "walking". The reason for this is that Flying is NOT an "instead of moving normally" power. It is an addition to moving normally and it is worded in a way that you "may" do some additional things such as move over water, figures, etc.
Ok, here is the text from the FAQ:

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.A.Q.
Q: When a flying figure steps off of the glyph of Rannveig, they cannot fly and must walk, but after they take that first step, can they then start to fly since there is no figure on the glyph?

A: Yes. Flying figures may choose to walk, or fly, but they can also switch how they move mid-turn.
I wished there was a re-write of the rulebook that would organize all this information better. This quote is from the discussion on glyphs; not movement or even the flying special power.
Old July 24th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Ok, here is the text from the FAQ:

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.A.Q.
Q: When a flying figure steps off of the glyph of Rannveig, they cannot fly and must walk, but after they take that first step, can they then start to fly since there is no figure on the glyph?

A: Yes. Flying figures may choose to walk, or fly, but they can also switch how they move mid-turn.
I wished there was a re-write of the rulebook that would organize all this information better. This quote is from the discussion on glyphs; not movement or even the flying special power.
I never thought that it needed to be FAQ'd though, because Flying is not "instead of moving normally", it is merely an addition to it.
Old February 24th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received

Classic:
  • N/A
Marvel:
  • N/A
C3G:
  • As a Mutant, Pyro may be activated by Professor X's Mutant Mind Link special power.
  • As a Mutant, Pyro may be moved by Cyclops's Mutant Field Commander special power.
  • As an Outcast, Pyro may be moved by Avalanche's Outcast Ambush special power.
  • As a Mutant Outcast, Pyro may add 3 to his 20-sided die roll with Destiny's Probability Precognition special ability.
Synergy Benefits Offered

Classic:
  • N/A
Marvel:
  • N/A
C3G:
  • As a Mutant, Pyro may offer an initiative bonus from Sentinel's Mutant Detection special power.
  • As a Mutant, Pyro may enable Jubilee to take a turn after him as his Mutant Sidekick.
Old February 24th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Updating.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library