Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 6th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Exclamation The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Creations!

1/11/11: Added spoiler tagz to select groups of units.
12/23/10: Updated Twilight Clan Ninjas, Black Hart Power Armor, Iron Wolf Power Armor and Iron Wolf Talonators.
11/10/10: Added bios for Irish Pikemen and Welsh Longbowmen.
10/19/10: Updated Arabian Knights.

Yet another board game from my local secondhand shop, Key to the Kingdom:

Spoiler Alert!

It's been a while but I'm back with some new creations! Found a sweet boardgame at my local secondhand shop:

It comes with 4 sweet catburglar pawns, a nightwatchman and a Dog:
Spoiler Alert!

Lord Arsalan swoops through the sky with a noble Kozuke Samurai astride his back. Arsalan is not merely a beast of burden, and the noble beast only allows the most repected warriors to accompany him through the skies. Suddenly below, he spots the enemy! He roars and swoops in for a deadly attack...

This fig is from a line of lego-type toys that feature dragons, knights etc. I forget the name. Most aren't suitable for 'scape, but this one was perfect, so I repainted it a bit and slapped some stats on 'im! I basically just shifted Theracus' stats around a little to make pricing him easier. He's beefier but a little slower and has less defense. Arsalan is Persian for lion...

Nicknamed "Deadshot" for his uncanny ability to remove heads from shoulders from a really long way away, Demicus happily hunted beasts in the forest for his brother Jotun's cooking pot. When his brother was seemingly killed by filthy barbarians, Demicus went on a one-man revenge spree, hunting the barbarians down with ruthless accuracy. One night when he was settling down to sleep, though, the barbarians got the drop on him...in close quarters, the Giant was no match for the hordes of tiny attackers and he surely would have fallen prey to the filthy little buggers if not for Ullar's kindness. Now the reunited brothers fight for Ullar on the battlefields of Valhalla.

I'm pretty sure this is a Pirates of the Caribbean fig of some sort, but I don't really know. Picked it up at the second hand store...A giant version of Deadeye Dan. What's not to like?

Just for fun...

I found this fig at a second hand shop and thought it was very Krug-like. I figured I could take a chance on it for $0.50. Basically, instead of his attack increasing with wounds, his defense does...8/15/10 update: Krug's Much Less Angry Brother went through the CHCG24 process and was approved!

Dr. Brainard "Brad" Butkis was a brilliant scientist who's thirst for knowledge took him down dark paths seldom trodden by his fellows. An experiment designed to increase his intellect went horribly awry. Though it increased his brain capacity by 500% it also left him physically deformed and repulsive to all but his doting lab assistant, Matilda. To his horror, he also found that in order to maintain his new level of intelligence, he had to feast on human brains at least once a day. Returnng to his former level of intelligence was not an option and so Brain Eater took his first victim and never looked back...

Horrorclix Braineater figure (thanks, Garada).

Matilda was a homely lab assistant who fell in love with Dr. Butkis' amazing intellect. Even after his fateful experiment she stayed faithfully by his side. She even attampted to create an alternate food source to satiate his constant hunger but, while it could sustain him for short periods, it was not able to replace the brains that he must still consume...

Horrorclix Lab Assistant Figure (thanks, Garada).

Not all of the Knights of Weston fell on that fateful night. Some begged for their lives rather than fight the traitorous Sir Hawthorne. Those few that he spared now live in servitude to him. They must live with their shame and would rather flee than face their former comrades...

Repainted KoW. I made them the inverse of Sir Hawthorne's gold and silver parts and gave them gold shields to tie them in to the gold Hawthorne figures below.

This great game comes with 92 medieval miniatures (though they're unpainted). So I figured I'd expand on the whole Hawthorne/Weston theme:
Spoiler Alert!

“It’s a good day to die,” Scrotus declared upon surveying the battlefield.
“An even better day to live,” Testicles retorted. “Ever the philosopher, eh, Testicles?” Labius weighed in.
Testicles was in fact, a philosopher in Athens long before he was captured by the Romans and forced to fight for his life in the arena. “Aye, Labius. Some things never change,” he said.
“Then let us fight, brothers, and live,” Scrotus exclaimed as the three charged into battle together.

Gladiator repaints.
EDIT: These can easily sub for a squad of Capuans in a Gladiator army! They make great bodyguards for Spartacus...

“I’d totally take a bullet for Skahen, Agent White said.
Agent Black agreed, “Oh, fer sure, she’s totally to die for! How ‘bout the Nakitas,” he asked?
“The black one, for sure, the redhead…maybe. I’m not so sure about the brunette, though,” said Agent White.
“Ah, she’s not so bad. Sure she could work on her posture, but c’mon, you can’t have everything,” Agent Black said.
“Skahen does,” retorted Agent White.
“True. She’s totally to die for,”Agent Black mused…

Krav repaints.

To prove her thorough badness, Agent Skahen randomly picked three celebrity females and trained them into a cohesive fighting unit. While the trio proved unable to learn Skahen’s Stealth Dodge and Double Attacks, she did teach them to Cover Fire effectively. The trio already was capable of fighting off melee attackers (having dealt with the paparazzi for years) and Skahen honed this ability into a wicked Engagement Strike.
Agent Spears commandeered some costumes from the set of her “Oops! I Did It Again” music video which the agents modified to their personal tastes. After her training, Agent Aguilera told Skahen: “You made me learn a little bit faster, made my skin a little bit thicker. It makes me that much smarter. So thanks for making me a fighter.” Agent Knowles is often heard exclaiming: “Bootylicious!” on the battlefield when the trio executes an especially effective maneuver against the enemy.

Krav and Nakita repaints (inspired by GB's Agent Bale)

Spoiler Alert!

RANDOM UNKNOWN FIGS:

When others look at a beautiful landscape, they see trees, grass and streams. Grot, the Mountain Troll, sees an arsenal, waiting to be exploited. A tree becomes a massive club with which to smite his enemies. A rock is a missle to rain death from above.

Clyde brings his axe down on Krug's toe and the two tiny figures scurry underneath the flailing ogre's legs. There before them is their quarry: Lord Cyprien and his lady with a host of wretched zombies! "At last we meet, evil one," Bonnie yells. "I don't believe I know you," the Vampire says casually, a smile pulling at the sides of his blood-drenched lips. "This is the first and the last time we shall meet, monster," she yells as she raises one hand into the air, the other clutching her magical amulet. Rays like the sun shine forth above the undead mob. Cyprien and his wife fly away, skin smoldering while the rest of the creatures disintegrate into dust!

"History shows us again and again how nature points out the folly of man...GODZILLA!"
-Blue Oyster Cult

They are all that’s left of Alpha Prime’s once-proud sons. Reduced to two squabbling factions and forced into hiding by the Soulborg infestation, the Iron Wolves and the Black Harts struggle for survival in a world gone mad!

I decided to make these into two factions of Mariedian Power armor troopers. The Mareidians are hinted at in several bios (notably the Gladiatrons and Deathreavers). I kept most of the names from Battle Ball the same (the Iron Wolves are one team and the Black Harts are the other). I kind of envisioned a Russian-U.S.A. cold-war relationship between the two. They both share a common enemy and will collaborate with each other to achieve their own ends but their different ideologies ensure that any alliance is temporary (ironically, they actually compliment each other rather well, since the Black Harts don’t have to worry about being caught in the blast radius of the ‘Wolves EMP attacks).

The Black Harts are the “communist Russians” of the two factions. They are ruled by the iron hand of one supreme leader, Joseph Hart III. Some say, they have given up one form of slavery for another but they insist that survival dictates that it be so. Their suits are utilitarian, not flashy, just effective.

I originally considered making them Utgar units but quickly realized that no Mareidians would ever work alongside the hated Deathwalkers. Their familiarity to totalitarian rule makes them a natural fit in Einar’s army.

I built them around Disengage (to reflect their guerilla tactics), and Hardened Electronics (as a counter to their Iron Wolf counterparts (see below).
Spoiler Alert!

OLD BATTLETECH FIGS:

The ragged line of Omincron Snipers have killed wave after wave of Orcs but they just keep coming. Jandar's battered forces know that it is only a matter of time before superior numbers wear them down and destroy them. Suddenly a figure appears on the hill behind the Omicrons. With gleaming sword and sheild, he leaps into battle and slashes through three orcs at once! The Omnicrons take courage at Omega-13's arrival and refocus thier attacks on their orcish foes. The orcs finally retreat from this new threat to regroup and fight another day!

From his vantage point high above, Zeta-5 has a perfect view of the pass below. He has sat motionless, as no human can, for hours waiting for the enemy to come to him. A Zettian Guard walks into the pass, followed by another. The time has come. Zeta-5 cooly squeezes the trigger finding a weak spot in the Zettian's armor plates. Before it's companion can react, Zeta-5 has rocketed to a new firing position and taken aim on his next target.

Asian Lung Dragon from Dragonology.

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations

Last edited by The B.I.V.; April 8th, 2011 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Added Key to the Kingdom figs!
Old April 6th, 2008, 04:36 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Why would Einar's dragon have to be Asian???? Those are some of the most non asian romans I have ever seen
Old April 6th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Dragon racism!

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old April 6th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
2 new omnicrons!

Okay, I'm a rabid Dragon Racist! There, I said it. Now, on with the evaluation, please...

2 more:

Alrighty, for my second offering, I bring you two new Omnicron heroes; Omega-13, Omnicron Crusader, and Zeta-5, Omnicron Rifleman:

Omega-13 is a brawler that can protect your Snipers while enhancing their range. Zeta-5 is basically just a beefed up sniper. Both are repainted remnants of my old battletech collection. Zeta-5 is a Crusader with a rifle added. Omega-13 is from the old (and OOP) Mekton Zeta line of figs. Stats follow:

The ragged line of Omincron Snipers have killed wave after wave of Orcs but they just keep coming. Jandar's battered forces know that it is only a matter of time before superior numbers wear them down and destroy them. Suddenly a figure appears on the hill behind the Omicrons. With gleaming sword and sheild, he leaps into battle and slashes through three orcs at once! The Omnicrons take courage at Omega-13's arrival and refocus thier attacks on their orcish foes. The orcs finally retreat from this new threat to regroup and fight another day!

OMEGA-13 OMNICRON CRUSADER
Life3-Move5-Range1-Attack5-Defense7, 155 points
Soulborg, Unique Hero, Crusader, Valiant, Medium 5

OMNICRON SNIPER INSPIRATION
All Omnicron Snipers you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Omega-13 add 2 to their range.

JET-ASSISTED LEAP
Instead of his normal move, Omega-13 may perform a Jet-Assisted Leap. Jet-Assisted Leap has a move of 4. When counting spaces for Omega-13’s Jet-Assisted Leap ignore elevations. Omega-13 may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Omega-13 may not leap more than 25 levels up or down in a single leap. If Omega-13 is engaged when he begins his Jet-Assisted Leap, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

OMNI SLASH
Attack:3, Range:1
This attack affects up to 3 adjacent figures that are also adjacent to each other.

From his vantage point high above, Zeta-5 has a perfect view of the pass below. He has sat motionless, as no human can, for hours waiting for the enemy to come to him. A Zettian Guard walks into the pass, followed by another. The time has come. Zeta-5 cooly squeezes the trigger finding a weak spot in the Zettian's armor plates. Before it's companion can react, Zeta-5 has rocketed to a new firing position and taken aim on his next target.

ZETA-5, OMNICRON RIFLEMAN
Life2-Move5-Range8-Attack2-Defense4 100 Points
Soulborg, Unique Hero, Rifleman, Precise, Medium 5

DEADLY SHOT
When attacking with Zeta-5, all skulls rolled count for one additional hit.

JET-ASSISTED LEAP
Instead of his normal move, Zeta-5 may perform a Jet-Assisted Leap. Jet-Assisted Leap has a move of 4. When counting spaces for Zeta-5’s Jet-Assisted Leap ignore elevations. Zeta-5 may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Zeta-5 may not leap more than 25 levels up or down in a single leap. If Zeta-5 is engaged when he begins his Jet-Assisted Leap, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!

Last edited by The B.I.V.; July 16th, 2008 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Becuz
Old April 6th, 2008, 09:26 PM

Miniature Geek is surprisingly tart
Loving the figures, what did you use for the omnicrons?

Your music's bad and you should feel bad.

My Customs

Better Posting and You Revisited.
Old April 6th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

Re: 2 new omnicrons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V.
Both are repainted remnants of my old battletech collection. Zeta-5 is a Crusader with a rifle added. Omega-13 is from the old (and OOP) Mekton Zeta line of figs. Stats follow:

Brandon

Old April 11th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

They are all that’s left of Alpha Prime’s once-proud sons. Reduced to two squabbling factions and forced into hiding by the Soulborg infestation, the Iron Wolves and the Black Harts struggle for survival in a world gone mad!

This is one of my greatest finds, yet! I picked up this game, BattleBall at a second hand shop for $1.00!

The cool thing is that it comes with two teams of futuristic football players (22 total, mine was missing 2 but no big deal). Cooler still is that since Hasbro also made this game, the figures are in the exact same scale as Heroscape and fit perfectly into the game. They require little or no modification and you can even leave them on their original bases. The only mod that might be cool is to add some guns to these guys. Futuristic figs without guns seems s little silly. On the other hand, both groups are struggling for survival and don’t have access to a lot of resources, so it can be explained that way.

I decided to make these into two factions of Mariedian Power armor troopers. The Mareidians are hinted at in several bios (notably the Gladiatrons and Deathreavers). I kept most of the names from Battle Ball the same (the Iron Wolves are one team and the Black Harts are the other). I kind of envisioned a Russian-U.S.A. cold-war relationship between the two. They both share a common enemy and will collaborate with each other to achieve their own ends but their different ideologies ensure that any alliance is temporary (ironically, they actually compliment each other rather well, since the Black Harts don’t have to worry about being caught in the blast radius of the ‘Wolves EMP attacks).

The Black Harts are the “communist Russians” of the two factions. They are ruled by the iron hand of one supreme leader, Joseph Hart III. Some say, they have given up one form of slavery for another but they insist that survival dictates that it be so. Their suits are utilitarian, not flashy, just effective.

I originally considered making them Utgar units but quickly realized that no Mareidians would ever work alongside the hated Deathwalkers. Their familiarity to totalitarian rule makes them a natural fit in Einar’s army.

I built them around Disengage (to reflect their guerilla tactics), Hardened Electronics (as a counter to their Iron Wolf counterparts (see below) and Leaping (a logical ability for a power armor unit).

This is Colossor, my favorite:

Collossor stomps across the battlefield ruthlessly swatting aside two elves. suddenly, he spots a giant, wildly swinging a huge sword. "At last, a worthy opponent," he says to himself. "To me, giant," he yells, as he leaps into battle.
Colossor
6-6-1-6-6, 175 points
Mariedian, Unique Hero, Soldier, Brutal, Large 7

SWAT SPECIAL ATTACK
Attack:4, Range:1
This attack affects any 2 small or medium figures that are adjacent to one another and adjacent to Colossor. Any figures who are next to a drop and take damage from this attack will also fall and take appropriate falling damage.

HARDENED ELECTRONICS
When attacking Collossor with EMP attacks, subtract 4 attack dice.

POWER LEAP
Instead of his normal move, Colossor may perform a Power Leap. Power Leap has a move of 4. When counting spaces for Colossor’s Power Leap ignore elevations. Colossor may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Colossor may not leap more than 25 levels up or down in a single leap. If Colossor is engaged when he begins his Power Leap, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Like a demon possessed, he almost dances from opponent to opponent. His long claws shred defense after defense. He deftly dodges enemy blows as he seeks out new foes. He smiles grimly as he continues his work of destruction. He leaves some dead, others dying for his teammates to finish off. He smiles grimly. This is battle...and he lives for it!

Ripper
5-6-1-4-3, 120 points
Mariedian, Unique Hero, Soldier, Ferocious, Medium 5

REND
If a unit is damaged by Ripper, place an upside-down wound marker (or other token) on the figure’s army card. Permanently reduce the figure’s defense by 1. This effect is not cumulative. Rend does not work on Squads.

DOUBLE ATTACKS
When Ripper attacks, he may attack one additional time.

DISENGAGE
Ripper is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

Like a silver Bullet, Isis cuts through the enemy line. Several gunmen try to take aim on the quick-moving phantom. Only one makes his mark. He falls, a microsecond later from his own bullet, deflected back through his forehead by her gleaming crimson shield.

Black Isis
4-6-1-3-4, 90 points
Mariedian, Unique Hero, Soldier, Tricky, Medium 4

DEFLECTION
When rolling defense dice against a normal ranged attack from a non-adjacent attacking figure, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

TURBO BOOST 3
Before moving, Black Isis may choose to add 3 to her move this turn. If she does so, subtract 1 from her attack for the remainder of the turn.

DISENGAGE
Black Isis is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

The Black Harts tactics are straightforward: hit the enemy hard and fast, then fade away just as quickly. While not particularly innovative, it is their teamwork and execution of these tactics that truly set them apart. They know that fighting the Soulborgs allows no margin for error.

Black Hart Power Armor
1-6-1-3-3, 70 points

HARDENED ELECTRONICS
When attacking Black Hart Power Armor with EMP attacks, subtract 4 attack dice.

POWER LEAP
Instead of their normal move, Black Hart Power Armor may perform a Power Leap. Power Leap has a move of 4. When counting spaces for Black Hart Power Armor’s Power Leap ignore elevations. Black Hart Power Armor may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Black Hart Power Armor may not leap more than 25 levels up or down in a single leap.

DISENGAGE
Black Hart Power Armor is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

Brutus is a bully, pure an simple, although he would tell you otherwise. It's simply a matter of pragmatism that he preys on those smaller than himself and runs from larger opponents...

Of Note: I considered naming his power "violate, " with his child molester/pornstar moustache and all. But I decided to keep it claen and name it "brutalise," instead. He's basically the opposite of Sir Denrick...

The Iron Wolves fight for Vydar. In contrast to the Black Harts, they are extreme capitalists (some would say opportunists). They will do anything to survive, including (allegedly) collaborating with the hated Soulborgs (an allegation that the ‘Wolves have neither confirmed nor denied). They are the heroes of the enslaved population of Alpha Prime (a fact that only increases the resentment of the Black Hart faction), with their bold tactics, trademark white-helmeted armor and flashy lightning striped/yellow-eyed insignia.

I considered making these guys Jandar but their tricky personalities and complementary powers to other Vydar units definitely placed them in that camp. Their opportunism also makes them the more likely of the two groups to not have a problem working alongside soulborgs (the ‘trons and Majors). I built the ‘Wolves around Electromagnetic Pulse, an idea I got from another poster in another topic, who I forget), and, also to reflect their guerilla tactics (but with a different flavor), Hit and Run (basically an offensive version of the Deathreavers Scatter). Several of them also had claws, so I gave them an equivalent of the Gladiatrons "Cyber Claw" power (which adds fuel the collaboration rumor). Continuing the Russian-American Cold-war motif, I see the ‘Wolves (as the America archetype) having more resources and better access to technology.

Stalwart moves forward relentlessly, steadily crushing all opposition. It is his duty and his privilege. He is the Forge, against which all enemies are destroyed. If he serves well, Lord Vydar has promised to return him and his comrades to Alpha Prime to free it once and for all from the tyranny of the Soulborgs.

Stalwart The Forge
5-6-1-5-7, 165 Points
Mariedian, Unique Hero, Soldier, Relentless, Large 7

EMP SPECIAL ATTACK
Attack:5, Range:1
This attack affects all soulborg/power-suited figures adjacent to Stalwart The Forge. Other figures are unaffected.

IMPROVED POWERCLAW
All opponent’s figures that enter or occupy a space adjacent to Stalwart The Forge may not move. Figures affected by the Powerclaw cannot be moved by any special power on an Army Card or glyph.

Big Jim Slade
5-6-1-4-4, 100 Points
Mariedian, Unique Hero, Soldier, Brutal, Medium 6

BEAR HUG SPECIAL ATTACK
Attack:3, Range:1
This attack affects only small and medium figures. Any figure damaged by Bear Hug cannot move. That figure takes one unblockable hit on each subsequent turn until either the figure or Big Jim Slade is destroyed. Big Jim Slade rolls 3 additional defense dice against attacks from the affected figure.

Titan rushes across the battlefield with stimulant-fueled speed to engage the enemy. After closing the distance, his suit injects another stimulant into his system, this time enhancing his already formidable strength. He wades into the mass of enemies with vigor born of a thousand such fights.
Titan
4-7-1-5-3, 100 points
Mariedian, Unique Hero, Soldier, Relentless, Medium 4

STRENGTH BOOST 2
Before moving, Titan can choose to reduce his movement by 4 and add 2 to his attack.

STIM PACK
Titan can continue to move and attack for the remainder of the round in which his life-total is reduced to 0. If the game ends before the end of the round, Titan is not counted as a casualty. Titan cannot use any special powers during the remainder of the round. You may immediately remove one unused order marker from any of your army cards and place it on Titan.

Iron Wolf Power Armor
1-6-1-3-3, 90 Points
Mariedian, Common Squad, Soldier, Tricky, Medium 5

EMP GRENADE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Lob 12. Attack 5.
Use this power once per game. Start the game with a grenade marker on this card. Remove the grenade marker to throw EMP grenades. One at a time do the following with each Iron Wolf Power Armor: Choose a figure to attack. No clear line of sight is needed. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the EMP Grenade Special Attack. Roll 5 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Non-Soulborg/power-suited figures are unaffected by the EMP Grenade Special Attack.

HIT AND RUN
After making a normal attack with Iron Wolf Power Armor you may move up to 3 Iron Wolf Power Armors or Talonators you control up to 4 spaces each. Iron Wolf Power Armor is never attacked when leaving engagements in this way.

The talonators consider themselves to be the elite of the Iron Wolf forces. Keeping enemy forces occupied is their specialty. These tricky warriors switch targets often which confuses the enemy and keeps them off guard.

Iron Wolf Talonators
1-6-1-3-3, 90 points
Mariedian, Common Squad, Soldier, Tricky, Medium 5

POWERCLAW
All opponent’s small or medium-sized figures that enter or occupy a space adjacent to Iron Wolf Talonators may not move. Figures affected by the Powerclaw cannot be moved by any special power on an Army Card or glyph.

HIT AND RUN
After making a normal attack with Iron Wolf Talonators, you may move up to 3 Iron Wolf Talonators or Power Armors you control up to 4 spaces each. Iron Wolf Talonators are never attacked when leaving engagements in this way.

These didn't really fit with any of the others so I made them Zettians:

The brawlers, like their guard brethren benefit from ganging up on their opponents. They trade ranged firepower for a stronger melee attack and sacrifice armor for greater mobility which they use to chase down their quarry.

Zettian Brawlers
1-5-1-3-5, 60 Points
Soulborg, Common Squad, Hunter, Relentless, Medium 5

PACK ATTACK
When attacking, if one of your Zettian Brawlers attacks the same figure that another Zettian Brawler has already attacked, add one additional attack die to that Zettian Brawler's attack for that turn.

Brandon
[/img]

Last edited by The B.I.V.; July 16th, 2008 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Becuz
Old April 11th, 2008, 10:04 AM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker
Wow...I can't say I have ever seen those before...
Old April 11th, 2008, 12:21 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!
Wow, B.I.V., great find! I really like what you did with them conceptually, too. I would tweak the wording on Colossor's SWAT special attack and maybe even include a "throw" to better clarify the falling damage. Maybe this:
SWAT SPECIAL ATTACK
Attack:4, Range:1
This attack affects any 2 small or medium figures that are adjacent to one another and adjacent to Colossor. Any figures who are next to a drop and take damage from this attack will also fall and take appropriate falling damage. If either of the figures receive at least one wound, you may place the wounded figure on any open space within 4 clear sight spaces of Colossor. After the figure is placed, roll for falling damage... (and follow Jotun's "Throw" wording from there on out)

I really like Big Jim Slade. Great niche hero... could potentially use bonding with the Iron Wolf Power Armor, but that might be overpowered.

Titan's STIM PACK 2 is awesome and you did a great job of making clear what you were trying to do with it. I think I personally would prefer to see it expressed as him not dying immediately from fatal wounds but rather being removed at the end of the round after he takes fatal wounds. Something like this:
STIM PACK
If Titan receives enough wounds to destroy him, do not remove him from play immediately. Titan can continue to move and attack as normal until the end of the round. At the end of the round, remove Titan.

I'm only giving this much feedback because I really like what you've done with all of this. Your stuff is well thought out, creative, and very well realized. Keep us posted on how these guys turn out!
Old April 11th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

Thanks for the feedback, Nadom! That's what I'm looking for. I like your suggestions. My question for you is: are you suggesting your changes while leaving the point values the same, or would you change the point values along with your proposed changes?

I kept most of the names the same. Collosor and Stalwart the Forge were the original names from Battle Ball (although, I eliminated "the Dim" from the end of Collossor's name). I changed Black Isis from Dark Isis. The others (Big Jim Slade, Titan and Ripper) were nameless, so I named them. I considered making Big Jim Slade the 4th Iron Wolf PA trooper but he's quite a bit bigger than they are, so I made him a hero instead.

The name, "Big Jim Slade," is kind of a joke from "Kentucky Fried Movie." If you've ever seen it you'll know what I mean. I kind of envisioned Titan and Black Isis as Juicer-types (ala RIFTSwww.palladiumbooks.com).

Like I said, Nadom, I like your changes. More input from you (and others) would be appreciated. Oh, and I can provide PDFs of the actual cards if anyone wants them. And if you ever come across this game, BUY IT! In fact, there are a couple on ebay even as we speak! It looks like the two I'm missing are another running guy (that would make a nice 4th IWPA and a big Red guy (ala Big Jim Slade)).

Brandon

Old April 12th, 2008, 11:45 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!
You're welcome, B.I.V., I think I'm going to look into Ebaying (is that really a verb now?) these guys.
As far as point values go, I was "aiming" for keeping them about the same but all the experience and advice I've had says that playtesting, playtsting, playtesting is the only way to really get point values nailed down. Keep us posted! If I do end up Ebaying these guys, I'm probably just going to use your customs for them because I really like what you've done on this project.
Old April 17th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

Re: The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Creations

I'm buying the two missing figs on E-bay, which means the IW power armor will now be a four-man squad for 120 points. I can also change the wording on "Hit and Run" to be interchangeable with the Talonators, now too. I'll be posting changes and the actual cards (I'm not sure how Scans will look on here) in the near future (probably a week or so). Laterz!

Brandon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards