Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 6th, 2006, 04:19 PM

legolasbaker has disabled reputation
How can I contact Craig Van Ness ?

Hi everyone !
How can I contact Craig Van Ness, the inventor of HeroScape ? I know that Oogie_Da_Bruce have made an interview to Craig Van Ness: Have Oogie_Da_Bruce the email of Craig Van Ness ?
Old September 6th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Ummm....

Old September 6th, 2006, 04:31 PM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker
First of all: Welcome to the forums!

There is no way that Craig would give out his personal e-mail address to people. Could you imagine the amount of fan mail he'd get? Craig used to come around to the forums (two websites ago) but apparently there were some issues with him visiting and the information he was giving out. That was before I joined the forums (one website ago). He does not post here now...at least openly.

Your best option for contacting people about HeroScape is to go through the Hasbro website and send a question regarding HeroScape through their system. You'll get a response from their PR guy, named Chris. Questions he doesn't know, he finds out and will report back. If your reason for wanting to talk to Craig is legit, I'm sure he'll pass along the info to Craig.
Old September 6th, 2006, 05:08 PM

Quote:
There is no way that Craig would give out his personal e-mail address to people. Could you imagine the amount of fan mail he'd get? Craig used to come around to the forums (two websites ago) but apparently there were some issues with him visiting and the information he was giving out. That was before I joined the forums (one website ago). He does not post here now...at least openly.
In reality, I would like to ask to Craig Van Ness if he can ask to Stephen Baker (Heroscape, Hero Quest) if Stephen can make a new quest for Hero Quest. It would be a dream for me.
Hasbro hasn't helped me.

EDIT
Now, is there a site where Craig Van Ness answer to our questions ?
Old September 6th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by legolasbaker
Now, is there a site where Craig Van Ness answer to our questions?
No there is not. Unless you direct your question the way Vydar explained above.

Also, regarding your question about a new HeroQuest scenario/adventure, there was a question posed to the Heroscape designers back in the day as to whether or not Hasbro would rerelease the HeroQuest game. Their answer to this question was, "No." Knowing this, and knowing just how ridiculously busy game designers are, I doubt that Stephen Baker would take it upon himself to write a new adventure. Especially when the fans of the game have been requesting such an 'expansion' since the game was cancelled.

However, if you are looking for HeroQuest adventures to continue your questing, I know that there are several fan-based websites online which have various additions to the game, including new adventures. I even think one of the members here, Malechi, has a site devoted to HeroQuest.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old September 6th, 2006, 05:33 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Run up the nearest mountain and shout ''Craig!''
Old September 6th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by legolasbaker
Quote:
In reality, I would like to ask to Craig Van Ness if he can ask to Stephen Baker (Heroscape, Hero Quest) if Stephen can make a new quest for Hero Quest. It would be a dream for me.
Hasbro hasn't helped me.

EDIT
Now, is there a site where Craig Van Ness answer to our questions ?
All this so you can ask Stephen Baker to make something just for you, based upon a game he stopped working on almost 2 decades ago? You email me repeatedly so that you can try and pester Craig for this info??? Thank goodness none of us can help you contact Craig because he would never forgive us if we did..

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 6th, 2006, 11:55 PM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker
I met Craig at Comic Con and didn't talk to him much most of my time was spent with Chris

Chris was a very mellow dude and I played a game with him. He didn't even mind me drinking Jack and Coke from a coke bottle either

......Or he didn't know
Old September 7th, 2006, 09:38 AM

Quote:
All this so you can ask Stephen Baker to make something just for you
No just for me, but for thousand fans of Hero Quest, all over the world.

Quote:
based upon a game he stopped working on almost 2 decades ago?
Hero Quest is the best fantasy boardgame of history, still today

Quote:
You email me repeatedly so that you can try and pester Craig for this info???
What I have made so badly ? Are you nervous for only 3 emails ? You are calm

Quote:
Run up the nearest mountain and shout ''Craig!''
I had not thought to it, you are a genius

Quote:
However, if you are looking for HeroQuest adventures to continue your questing, I know that there are several fan-based websites online which have various additions to the game, including new adventures. I even think one of the members here, Malechi, has a site devoted to HeroQuest.
I know that site, but a new quest for Hero Quest directly by Stephen Baker and Craig Van Ness is another thing...would be a dream.
At Last,
thank you very much to hextr1p and Vydar.
Bye
Old September 7th, 2006, 10:55 AM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
if you want some gerat quest check this http://www.heindorf-werbung.de/webse...umaQuest-S.pdf

ok it is big and german but man a quest book with 93 quests.
Old September 7th, 2006, 11:44 AM
THE Ungrateful Whorebath

cbs42 knows what's in an order marker cbs42 knows what's in an order marker
Craig is hiding in an undisclosed secure location with Dick Cheney.

EDIT: Oh man, WTF ... I can't even name the Vice President without the fugging censorship filter having a cow?
Ridiculous.
Old September 7th, 2006, 11:57 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs42
Craig is hiding in an undisclosed secure location with **** Cheney.

EDIT: Oh man, WTF ... I can't even name the Vice President without the fugging censorship filter having a cow?
Ridiculous.
Well, that should be censored

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion