Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 30th, 2019, 11:23 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Best To Worst Star Wars Movie By Ranking Individual Chapters

"Hello, there."

After almost a whole year, I have completed one of my most ambitious projects - breaking down every Star Wars movie chapter individually to rank each movie as a whole. I started this journey when I finally noticed that coming up with a Star Wars Movie Ranking list on my own was nearly impossible. I would find myself asking "does that movie really belong higher than that movie". Or "does that movie belong lower than that movie". I simply could not answer these questions without help, so "I went back to the only thing I was ever any good at": Math.

I broke down every chapter of every movie (including the Anthology films) by the amount of seconds in each chapter and then ranked them between 1 and 10. While still subjective, this objectively helped me to see how these movies stack up against each other (and even compliment each other). While some results were expected, others were "a surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one."

The Phantom Menace did score the lowest, while A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back ranked along the top of the list. Star War Stories Rogue One and Solo found themselves back-to-back in the middle.

So without further ado, here are the full rankings (with percentages and links to the spreadsheets):

Spoiler Alert!

Revenge of the Sith topping the list surprised me the most. I, personally enjoyed Rogue One and Solo more so than The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, although their percentages were closer than my feelings lead me to believe.

Overall, this was a really fun project for me. I stand by these ranks 100% for myself, and I look forward to The Rise of Skywalker coming out this winter and later on dvd so that I can complete the list (for then anyways). I want this to be a discussion starter, as I'm more than willing to explain how I ranked scenes, why, etc.

I would also encourage other Star Wars fans to do this on their own. You are more than welcome to copy my spreadsheets and erase my ranking numbers to insert your own.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies