Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old June 26th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Origins of HS Names

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelrig View Post
Sujoah is an anagram for Joshua. Probablt works for Hasbro.
Also an Oni is an evil demon in jappanese mythology, still no clue what Gurei means though.
gurei means mountain recesses, or mountain peaks.
Gurei means gray; Gurei-Oni is a Gray Ogre(demon)
Really? 'cause the word Gurei, from what I've read, means Mountain Peak... gray, maybe, if you're taking it phoenetically and translating it into Japanese, but Mountain Peak Ogre sounds cooler than Gray Ogre.
Old June 26th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Also an Oni is an evil demon in jappanese mythology, still no clue what Gurei means though.
Really? 'cause the word Gurei, from what I've read, means Mountain Peak... gray, maybe, if you're taking it phoenetically and translating it into Japanese, but Mountain Peak Ogre sounds cooler than Gray Ogre.
My source
Old June 26th, 2008, 06:05 PM

oni is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm 99% sure in this case Gurei is Katakana for Grey. Katakana being the written form used for non Japanese borrowed words.

Feed the newbs! Link to a common HS topic in your signature.
Storage ideas
What Should I get next?
Old June 26th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My source
Hmm. Fair enough... though that causes some flaws with my recent fan-fic. Oh well. Just because he lives on a mountain doesn't mean he needs a name about it... though it raises the question of why a murky-skinned ogre is named Grey...
Old June 26th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Hmm. Fair enough... though that causes some flaws with my recent fan-fic. Oh well. Just because he lives on a mountain doesn't mean he needs a name about it... though it raises the question of why a murky-skinned ogre is named Grey...
My Gurei is gray in color (well, blueish gray).
Old June 26th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Quote:
Quote:
My Gurei is gray in color (well, blueish gray).
Hmm. In the pictures, he either looks really blue or a pale, swamp-ish green... perhaps I should wait until I have one myself to judge, though.

HURRY PACKAGE, HURRY! COME ON! YOU CAN DO IT!
Old June 26th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Trainer of n00bs

So, Johnny, out of curriosity, where did you come up with Mountain Peak?
Old June 26th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

You know, it's the darndest thing... I have no idea. I Googled, but all of the links lead to Gurei = Gray, and I can't imagine any other place I would have found it.

...are you creating a web-wide conspiracy? Making yourself seem smarter? Changing every link to say Gray!?

No. That's crazy.

...or is it?
Old June 26th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Quote:
You know, it's the darndest thing... I have no idea. I Googled, but all of the links lead to Gurei = Gray, and I can't imagine any other place I would have found it.

...are you creating a web-wide conspiracy? Making yourself seem smarter? Changing every link to say Gray!?

No. That's crazy.

...or is it?
Go, my minnions, put a stop to his posting...my evil plan has been discovered.
Old June 26th, 2008, 07:39 PM

oni is surprisingly tart

Yes, master.

(says Oni who thinks this would be funnier with his old avatar that looked a wee bit like Cavalier's.)

Storage ideas
What Should I get next?
Old June 26th, 2008, 10:09 PM

MalignantT is surprisingly tart

edit: me dumb... nevermind

Last edited by MalignantT; June 26th, 2008 at 10:11 PM. Reason: dum-dum
Old June 27th, 2008, 03:20 AM

oni is surprisingly tart

Topping off the Japanese names...

Isamu = courageous; warrior.
Shiori = guide
Kaemon = joyful; right handed.

http://www.20000-names.com/male_japanese_names.htm

Storage ideas
What Should I get next?

Last edited by oni; June 27th, 2008 at 03:30 AM. Reason: added Kaemon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units