Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old October 19th, 2019, 08:36 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Neat stuff @TREX . I remember seeing that before and it should be fun for those that want to combine Star Wars with Frostgrave. Hopefully a bunch of people on the Frostgrave FB page check it out and give it a go. You put a lot of work into it.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 24th, 2019, 01:07 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Neat stuff @TREX . I remember seeing that before and it should be fun for those that want to combine Star Wars with Frostgrave. Hopefully a bunch of people on the Frostgrave FB page check it out and give it a go. You put a lot of work into it.
Yeah, hope someone gets some use out of it. I just didn't have time to get the final edits in. They just didn't make the time cut. I got my last spellcaster books in the mail today. I sat down and skimmed through them for a minute. By far, the specific monster xp part is probably one of my favorites. I'll probably be running a solo frostgrave campaign once perilous dark comes out. I'm going to see what else that book offers before starting my campaign. I'm going to try to adapt its ideas into what I was talking about the other day and maybe start in the Frostgrave core book. The idea will be that I have a wizard and group that will try and navigate the entire series of books. It should be pretty fun, having characters like that and really leveling them up. I imagine it would be like having your favorite character in DnD to an extent. I'll probably run them through the books as the books came out and use a decent bit of the optional rules like legendary soldiers, and other things from different supplements. As far as characters go, I'm thinking I will not use any generic figures for my warband. Any army type squad figures will be used for enemies and such that can be encountered. I will only use singular, distinguishable units for my war band and only use each sculpt once if it dies. I have so many minis that it should be fun that way. My daughter said she'd like to play too sometimes. I asked her what kind of characters she wants in her warband and she said she didn't want a war band, she wants to kill me with dragons. So, when she wants to play, I'll probably let her control the bad guys and roll their dice. What will be neat about running a solo campaign, is the option of Drop in/Drop out CooP. Since the wizards aren't killing each other, it wouldn't matter if you have a ton more xp than the next guy. I look forward to when I can pick up perilous dark. Until then, I'll have to go through and kind of put together a group of minis that I'll use just for war band members. It might be fun to run the Star Wars Variant in there, but for now, I'll probably just try out the regular frostgrave, but in solo/coop.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 24th, 2019, 06:47 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Sounds like a good plan @TREX . It's awesome that your daughter is interested in playing.

I'll have to see how I approach it. Probably similar but will start with the Perilous Dark scenarios first and then go back to the earlier stuff. I have to balance playing that with also getting back to playing Rangers of Shadow Deep and more Fallout.

Old October 25th, 2019, 09:01 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Oh wow. That is freaking sweet seeing all the mutants together like that. That makes me want to play the video game. I was thinking about wanting to actually play something tonight. Its been a long week and I have after hours pro bono work to do for my father in law. I serviced his bobcat skidsteer yesterday and still need to change out the water pump, thermostat, and also change the alternator belt while Im in it because its cracked and probably wont last much longer anyway. I guess thats what you do when your a nice mechanic son in law. I may still run one game of frostgrave just to see how the solo rules I came up with work.

Old October 27th, 2019, 08:30 AM
Prickly Cactus

Thanks @TREX . It is cool seeing all those Super Mutants together. I hadn't played the Fallout 4 video game in months, and after finishing up with the Super Mutants, I have played it a couple of times. I had only ever made one character for it and he's level 90

Yeah, having a skill certainly gets you into doing extra work for people. I've done a ton of repairing drywall and painting for others over the years. Heck, one time, while I was finishing my own basement, I also had to paint a 2nd story addition that my sister and her husband had put on. Plus work my regular job.

Hopefully your game of Frostgrave went well. I just got Forgotten Pacts so I have all the supplements for Frostgrave. Can't wait for Perilous Dark.

Old October 27th, 2019, 09:40 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Thanks @TREX . It is cool seeing all those Super Mutants together. I hadn't played the Fallout 4 video game in months, and after finishing up with the Super Mutants, I have played it a couple of times. I had only ever made one character for it and he's level 90

Yeah, having a skill certainly gets you into doing extra work for people. I've done a ton of repairing drywall and painting for others over the years. Heck, one time, while I was finishing my own basement, I also had to paint a 2nd story addition that my sister and her husband had put on. Plus work my regular job.

Hopefully your game of Frostgrave went well. I just got Forgotten Pacts so I have all the supplements for Frostgrave. Can't wait for Perilous Dark.
Level 90 is pretty good. I cant remember how leveled my fallout character is off the top of my head. I know its an ungodly rediculous number though. That and skyrim I was a straight up addict playing those. I think skyrim was worse because I wanted to fill out every skill tree for the game at one point. My frostgrave game didnt get to happen. I was working on the bobcat until 1130 last night. I finished all the repairs and serviced it. I put in a good 8 and a quarter hours solid on that beast yesterday but now its ready for him to pick it up in time for use with snow removal. Screw everything else, Im going to play today.

Old October 27th, 2019, 06:28 PM
Prickly Cactus

A buddy of mine is running a 2 day campaign for The Walking Dead All Out War at a Chicago area convention. He's doing a homemade 2 scenario campaign. The first part has the survivors needing to get to the top of the building that has the helicopter on top. This isn't the best picture, but the building the helicopter is on is actually about 2 feet tall. It's a cool office building that the characters needed to use a grappling gun to shoot the hook onto the roof and them climb up the rope and get to the helicopter. The NPC character that was with them and was able to fly the helicopter, had gotten bitten earlier and turned into a walker in mid flight. So the helicopter crashed into Lake Michigan.

They had a couple inflatable rafts that they were able to use to get to a big freighter ship. They get in there and find the power is off there and need to get to the backup generator in order to lower a zodiac boat and use it to get back to land. Lots of walkers on the ship and they find a room where it looks like perhaps this is where experiments on humans went on, and maybe this is where the outbreak started.

Old October 27th, 2019, 06:59 PM
"like" happy

Wow, that's an interesting scenario. The boards are creative and great looking as well. Hope you guys had fun.

Old October 27th, 2019, 07:38 PM
Prickly Cactus

Oh I wasn't there unfortunately. I had my DnD session yesterday and couldn't go to the convention and today had too much to do at home. Those were pictures Josh shared on FB.

Last Sunday, several of is got together and had a hobby day to help get some last minute painting done for Josh's setup.

That ship is awesome and the interior is cool and usable.

Old October 27th, 2019, 08:53 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That's cool. Do you have any photos of the interior?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 27th, 2019, 09:29 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
That's cool. Do you have any photos of the interior?
This is the best I can do Japes. I wish I would have taken pictures last Sunday, as Josh had brought the ship to my buddy Chris's house for our hobby day.

https://blacksitestudio.com/product/mv-australis/

The front parts (cargo hold) don't have interiors so to speak. Josh didn’t glue down the deck, so the two cargo holds can be accessed if desired. The back area has a couple levels.

Josh said it took a few days to assemble. It's prepainted though.

Old October 28th, 2019, 12:36 PM
Prickly Cactus

Here's a link to a Facebook post by my friend Josh, with lots of pictures and bat rep of his home brew Walking Dead scenario.

https://www.chicagoskirmishwargames....rrative-games/

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures