Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 13th, 2018, 02:21 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Leaf_It's customs. [UPDATED: 5.10.18]

To play Devil's Advocate, I think trying to pass Courageous off as a Personality when it's pretty much the same as Valiant might not sit well with SoV judges.

I don't have quite the time to go over these right now, but I'll try to swing in soon.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 13th, 2018, 03:44 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
To play Devil's Advocate, I think trying to pass Courageous off as a Personality when it's pretty much the same as Valiant might not sit well with SoV judges.

I don't have quite the time to go over these right now, but I'll try to swing in soon.
Yeah, maybe. Fearless could work pretty well though, so I might go with that instead of courageous. Although I think it that it might be necessary to create a new personality that isn't Valiant, but means the same thing, just so that we can create characters who should be Valiant, but would be held back by the 4th mass. Making anything that synergizes with the best common squad in the game is going to receive push back, and probably require a higher point cost just so it doesn't help them very much. Unless the creator wants the design to synergize with the 4th mass, it would be nice to have an alternative personality we could use. It could be something other than Courageous though. Brave, Heroic, Gallant, Dauntless, Valorous, Bold, Resolute, Stouthearted, Steadfast, Intrepid, Stalwart, and Chivalrous are all close to the same thing. Come to think of it, even Fearless can mean the same thing as Valiant, and that's an official personality. All of these things can mean the same thing as Valiant, but only the right context. They all have slightly different meanings, and I could see all of them used for different characters where the others wouldn't fit quite as well. I would argue that Captain America's personality should have been Patriotic, which is another word that could mean Valiant in some contexts. I'm not too concerned with this right now, because Fearless works well enough for William, but it's something to think about.

Looking forward to your future input.
Old May 18th, 2018, 05:59 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Leaf_It's customs. [UPDATED: 2.24.18]

Hotaru
Swingy, low cost figure. We talked about this over text, but Blood Thirst seems a little too difficult to pull off. I don't know that just switching to pure Life Drain works (unless he becomes non-human, as humans don't drain life), but a similar ability would be fine (either healing on destroying or healing on rolling all skulls, but not both). Maybe something to do with his cursed weapons -- perform poorly and they hurt you, perform well and they help sustain you.

Reina
Arbalest is definitely better than O-Yumi (the latter sounds weird because it just means "big bow" and the crossbow doesn't look Japanese anyway). I'd definitely look into renaming Reposition since it has more to do with dodging than repositioning (in response to attack rather than proactive movement), though it is still more deliberate than Vanish or Disappearing Ninja. Not sure what you'd call it though.

Specters of Aldorn
One of my favorite designs. That's all.

Faylia Lysaris
Elven Attack Bonding isn't really attack bonding since she's the attacker, not the bonder. I'd just change the name is all - Supporting Shot or something like that.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old May 19th, 2018, 10:38 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Thumbs up Re: Leaf_It's customs. [UPDATED: 5.10.18]

Hey Leaf, I said I’d drop in when I had a good moment. Since you’ve expressed interest into SoV submissions with your units I’ll take extra concern to incorperate the C3V project into my thoughts.

Hotaru: Isn’t Siiv supposed to fill the “ninja” role for Valkrill? Nothing wrong with making a legitimate ninja for Valkrill though, so I see you opted to make Hotaru as different as realistically possible from Siiv. The chance to use Blood Thirst as well as get multiple attacks in is neat, and unreliable. Fortunately the chance to hurt himself is also very low. You’ll have to play his attack score by ear. 2 Attack is more fun, but 3 attack is more consistent.

Reina: Ninja figures are hard to come by, but I fear you’ll need to find a different mini. I’m no history buff, but I don’t think the Japanese people had red hair. I suppose you could portray her instead as a ninja from the Shadowrun future of Earth. Arbalest is probably the better name. I’m not sold on Reposition, does ‘Scape need another power that is essentially Vanish and Dissapearing Ninja? I also believe the wording for “succesfully defends” may need to be tweaked, since there is no official precedent for that. Otherwise she looks solid, and fits for an Aquillan Ninja.

Vierna: Cheerleaders are hard to price. I think as it is, she might get rejected just because you’ve said yourself: she isn’t effective at cheerleading and she seems like something who is more fluff with her Shadow Aura (which should also make Pelloth untargetable by range, but if the buff only comes in when he’s actually attacked... you’ll have to FAQ that bit) than actual substance. Being weaker than classic Raelin is fine, but only having one army where she can be efficient for her points and still failing there is probably not the sign of a custom who is ready to go forward. I look forward to where you take this design!

My phone is glitching up over this long post so I’ll return when I have my laptop handy.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 19th, 2018, 10:33 PM
I could go

Additional Feedback

Dalmar: I like adding in Dwarf Heroes with a role outside of being a pure Defender unit, such as this handy... Defender. I think he should be fairly balanced, but I would take note that his Battle Within Sight power lets him run away kind of well. He could run and grab a decent power glyph after fulfilling his role of being in the way. Hero Dwarves also tend to have 5 move, but that doesn't mean this guy has to stick to convention.

Great Axes: A Dwarvern Unique Squad, nice. That should help differentiate them from the Axegrinders more so than Tenacity and Bonding's differences. I could see these guys being used alongside either of the Dwarf Squads as a nasty support unit, or even mixed into other army compositions. I like 60 points for these units, since if you compare them to Tarn Viking Warriors they have similar things going on. 4-man melee squad with an attack of 3 and a power-boosted defense of 3, and a situational movement bonus. Having a boost to their better attack rolls, their short height interacting with maps differently, and the much more reliable movement bonus should firmly plant them just a bit ahead of them. I like how you managed to use a set of 5 dwarves to minimize expense on the hero and squad.

Gargoyles: I like the idea of Gargoyles, plus I've seen them in person. While they look too much like plastic imo, I imagine a bath in Gray paint will pep them right up. I like how you reskinned Tough to create Stone Form. Overall these units aren't super strong or competitive (2 attack is gonna get you nowhere, fast), but I figure that's the jist.

Spectres: Levitating+Ghosts≠Stealth Flying? You might encounter some issues with that, plus the C3V have the Banshees en route. 3 squads of Ghosts is already pressing it, so I'd give that part some serious consideration. Moving through a mini to activate a power is a cool idea, and I see you've made it fairly effective and balanced. Good luck with them!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 23rd, 2018, 12:52 AM
I could go

Time to finish off where I left off.

Faylia: I'm not sold on this unit. X Attack Bonding is already something that's used with C3V's Zaeus, and will probably have to renamed to something else since it does something completely different from Zaeus's version of Attack Bonding. I'm still not sold on him just deciding to jump in at "random" times to attack. Seems a bit too meta-y for my tastes, but I'm not the one who'll be judging him.

William: He can be subbed in to eat a hit or 3. That's cool. It has some situations where he'll be worth every point and then some (Drake v2, for example, is 28 pts a life). Since he moves for free in Human armies it means your not really giving anything up to play him. Sure he's 20 points, so that gives him contestion with Marcu, but Marcu only really blocks Wannok Damage which isn't on every map. Normal attacks are on every map (and are capable of dealing more than 1 wound in a turn). You'll have to playtest the evil out of him.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old June 15th, 2018, 02:46 AM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

@flameslayer93 Sorry for the late reply, I do appreciate the feedback. I have taken yours, as well as Bigga's and the other's feedback into consideration. I will post updates to the designs when I feel they have reached a stable point in development.

--------

I have posted the Specters of Aldorn to the Pre-SoV workshop. Based on the feedback I received there, and here, as well as elsewhere, I have modified the design/theme of the specters a bit.

Quote:
NAME = SPECTERS OF ALDORN
GENERAL = VYDAR
PLANET = ARCTORUS
SPECIES = UNDEAD
UNIQUENESS = COMMON SQUAD
CLASS = SPECTERS
PERSONALITY = TERRIFYING
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

1 LIFE (4 FIGURES)
6 MOVE
1 RANGE
2 ATTACK
3 DEFENSE
50 - 60 POINTS (feels like about 55)

Phantom Walk
Specters of Aldorn can move through all figures and are never attacked when leaving an engagement.

Levitation:
Specters of Aldorn do not take falling damage and may ignore all effects from terrain tiles they move onto or occupy.

Deathly Touch
When attacking with the Specters of Aldorn, any figures that a Specter of Aldorn moved through this turn, subtract 1 from their defense.

Theme/explanation: They don't have Stealth Flying because it wouldn't allow them to pass through other figures. They are Vydar because they are tricky, I don't want the design to belong to an Evil general, and Vydar already has undead in his army. Destructible object immunity has been removed from Deathly touch because they can't move through destructible objects.
Progress has been made with some of the other designs, but it is not yet in a state that I feel is stable, so I will be holding off from showing any changes for now.

Last edited by Leaf_It; September 13th, 2018 at 06:31 PM.
Old September 13th, 2018, 09:43 PM

NAME = VULCANMECH STRIKER
GENERAL = VALKRILL
PLANET = ALPHA PRIME
SPECIES = SOULBORG
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON
CLASS = MARAUDER
PERSONALITY = AGGRESSIVE
SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 6

6 LIFE
6 MOVE
1 RANGE
8 ATTACK
1 DEFENSE
80 - 110 POINTS

PRIORITY POWER SYSTEMS:
For each wound marker on this Vulcanmech Striker's card, add 1 to your defense roll, and subtract 1 from your attack roll.

JUMP 15:
Instead of it's normal move, a Vulcanmech Striker may use Jump 15. Jump 15 has a move of 4. When counting spaces for Jump 15, ignore elevations. A Vulcanmech Striker may jump over water without stopping, jump over figures without becoming engaged, and jump over obstacles such as ruins. Vulcanmech Striker may not jump more than 15 levels up or down in a single jump. If a Vulcanmech Striker is engaged when he starts his Jump 15, he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Theme/explanation: As the systems take damage, they reroute power to the shielding systems. While at full power with no damage, shielding is not a priority. As damage is sustained, shielding is more important, while fire power is less of a priority. The figure is a jumping mech from mech warrior. So I felt that a Jumping ability was necessary.

I have located 212 of the figure, and I haven't even checked Ebay yet.
Old September 13th, 2018, 09:46 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Cool powerset!

That's pretty much Stealth Leap with no stealth, right? You could just call it Leap X and completely steal all the wording.
Old September 13th, 2018, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Cool powerset!

That's pretty much Stealth Leap with no stealth, right? You could just call it Leap X and completely steal all the wording.
Yes it is. I kind of wanted to change it a bit, but maybe I'll do that. I also changed the distance you can move with it. Stealth Leap is only 3 spaces, while this lets you move 4.
Old September 13th, 2018, 09:53 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I did notice that. Since the number in the power does refer to the number of levels, it might be better to switch the name like you did.
Old September 13th, 2018, 10:08 PM

I came up with the design before finding a figure, and now that I have the figure, I feel like the guns require some sort of ranged attack.

How does this sound?
Pulse Blast Special Attack:
Range 4. Attack 2.
When using Pulse Blast Special attack, you may attack 1 additional time. This Vulcanmech Striker cannot use Pulse Blast Special Attack if more than 4 wounds are on this card.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards