Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old April 23rd, 2017, 07:38 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Yeah I like the way Gang Busters breaks up some synergies...Do you have any modifications or changes you'd like to see or is it set in your mind?
It's not set to me at all really. I could see changing the SA to a more revolver themed SA. The biggest hook for me is Gang Busters. If it was an area effect there could be some fun strategy.

Edit* WHOA Skeeter700 himself!
Old April 23rd, 2017, 07:40 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
Quote:
Yeah I like the way Gang Busters breaks up some synergies...Do you have any modifications or changes you'd like to see or is it set in your mind?
It's not set to me at all really. I could see changing the SA to a more revolver themed SA. The biggest hook for me is Gang Busters. If it was an area effect there could be some fun strategy.

Edit* WHOA Skeeter700 himself!
I'd suggest shortening the range of Gang-Busters at least, otherwise it could lead to a lot of frustration

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 23rd, 2017, 07:57 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
I'm not really feeling Brilliant Evasion or Doomsday Machine. The Chief's not pulling any crazy tricks or dodges to avoid attacks in my experience. Not any more than Oracle or Xavier.
That power comes from Doom Patrol #45. A vigilante called the Beard Hunter, who's a mentally ill man who kills people with beards, is hired to kill the Chief. He corners him in a grocery store, and Chief uses his surroundings to kill the attacker. I believe he electrified a spill on the floor, then tripped the man into it to kill him, but he used groceries to dodge him as well.

It's a little bit obscure of a moment to pull from, but it's also basically the only time he's had to fend for himself. Besides, since the Doom Patrol and X-Men have a history of similarities, I wanted a little parallel with Professor X. Therefore, leadership power, defensive power, and instead of a special attack, a Doomsday Machine.

Quote:
With Doomsday Machine (which is much better with the new version) I assume you're basing that off the end of Morrison's run? It just doesn't seem iconic to me. He's not tied into doomsday machines any more than most supervillains. I'd focus on recruitment and leading the Doom Patrol for him.
You got me, the Doomsday Machine is from the Morrison run.

I thought about going with a slowly going crazy power, like progressive psychosis on Creeper, but after a reread of Morrison's Doom Patrol I realized that the Chief didn't GO crazy. He began the series telling Joshua about a huge plan he had in development, and that a new Doom Please was part of that.

Besides, I want to put a Doomsday Machine power on him. Maybe I could change it to a Gene-Bomb, and make it a risk/reward wound/boost power instead of just, wound or safe.

Quote:
Elasti-Girl I don't really know, but I doubt all that text will fit on a card. Gonna need some cuts there, and I'd start with Misfit Adoption.
I only put Misfit Adoption to get Beast Boy without having to design another version of him. Besides, if I did, I couldn't think of anything to change; other than his ability to suck up Order Markers.

Quote:
Yes, Robotman is the de-facto leader of the team most times, but it's not because he's a tactical genius of any sort. For any leadership power, I'd go for a light touch, or borrow from Frankenstein/Captain Britain. That would capture his leadership style much better.
Despite the art, I was going for a more early Doom Patrol version of Robotman, who would work better with Chief (who I will likely turn into a Misfit himself to avoid Fantastic Four synergies). This way he's a field leader, but he doesn't soak up OMs to do it, and he's more reacting to the situation around him instead of leading them in the regular sense.

Quote:
Steel Skin is a good fit, but Reconstruction is meh, if you ask me. I don't see him healing other Androids or even healing himself in battle. I'd go much bigger there and either borrow from Iron Man Mark III where he can dodge being destroyed once, or allow him to slowly heal after being destroyed and let him come back.
I was wanting a healing power to represent his tendency to get ripped apart and put back together again, but you're probably right that Reconstruction isn't the best fit for him. The Android healing aspect kind of ruins that theme.

Quote:
I like what you're trying to do with Negative Spirit, but it's gonna need major work. Right now you can only use it once and it's stuck on that card? Needs some wording to allow you to pull it off or clarify that it comes off at the end of the round. I would also allow him to do more with the Negative Spirit
You're right. The way I have it now, it wouldn't come off the card. I need to fix that. I'm all for making the Negative Spirit do more, fire off any suggestions you might have. Anyone.

I've actually got 3 versions of him in my pocket. This one, who's a more classic version, a Rebis version where he and another woman are bonded to the Negative Spirit as Rebis, and a Young Animal version who feeds off of negative emotions. They all work very differently​ from each other.

Quote:
and I'd suggest dropping Controlled Emissions to make space for another power. That one's not a great fit anyway.
True. That was supposed to be for his generally radioactive body, but he doesn't really explode. Again, it's a case of a theme power that only half gets it right

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old April 23rd, 2017, 08:06 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter700 View Post
Thanks for remembering Dick Tracy!

I'm glad to see there is some interest in it. I look forward to following the development of this concept if the group chooses to go forward with it.
Since you are here, are you interested in LD'ing any of your older stuff. If not do you have any issues with someone running it for you. There are a lot of designs in the Public Thread from Allies that aren't around and rather than letting them fade away there has been a recent interest in reviving them. If you feel that you would like to return at some point that's fine but if you don't see that happening it would be great if you posted so no one would feel like they are stepping on toes or being disrespectful.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 23rd, 2017, 08:13 PM
C3G Campaign Manager

Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skeeter700 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hi!

I'm afraid my life has just gotten so busy the last couple of years I had to withdraw from the time I spent on Heroscapers. I like to check in once in a while (lurk) to see what's new. However, I don't think I could devote the time needed to LD a design and do the job well.

Of course I would be thrilled if someone wanted to take over any of my old ideas.

Thanks for asking.

Quote:
Quote:

I'm glad to see there is some interest in it. I look forward to following the development of this concept if the group chooses to go forward with it.
Since you are here, are you interested in LD'ing any of your older stuff. If not do you have any issues with someone running it for you. There are a lot of designs in the Public Thread from Allies that aren't around and rather than letting them fade away there has been a recent interest in reviving them. If you feel that you would like to return at some point that's fine but if you don't see that happening it would be great if you posted so no one would feel like they are stepping on toes or being disrespectful.
Old April 23rd, 2017, 08:36 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
A couple weeks back, we had a conversation about what to do with lost designs. It was stated that we should post them in this thread and see if there is some interest in them. I thought I would post one that I really like. I'm particularly interested in the Gang Buster special ability. Although I could see it being more in-line with JJJ's Smear Campaign, and choosing just 1 criminal. This was one of Skeeter700's designs, he sadly hasn't been active in over 2 years. Whatcha guys think?

Quote:
Of course I would be thrilled if someone wanted to take over any of my old ideas.

Thanks for asking.
Lobster, I'd take this as your official endorsement so if you'd like to make some adjustments and discuss it for a nomination you are free to go on this. Great find that I had forgotten about.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 23rd, 2017, 10:36 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Here's an updated version of the team, with a few fixes.

Quote:

NAME = CHIEF
SECRET IDENTITY = NILES CAULDER

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MISFIT
PERSONALITY = BRILLIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ???

DOOM PATROL REMOTE COMMAND
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with Chief, you may either move or attack with up to three Unique Misfits Heroes you control. Chief cannot be one of the Unique Misfit Heroes.

BRILLIANT EVASION
If Chief or any friendly figure within 3 spaces of Chief is attacked by a figure that is not Brilliant or a Scientist, and at least 1 skull is rolled, you may reveal an Order Marker on this card. If you do, Chief takes no damage and may immediately move up to 2 spaces. Chief will not take any leaving engagement attacks from the attacking figure.

DOOMSDAY MACHINE
After rolling initiative, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. If there is a revealed "X" Order Marker on this card when you reveal your Order Marker 3, after taking your turn, you may roll the 20-sided die for each figure on the battlefield. If you roll 1-10, the figure receives a Wound. If you roll 11 or higher, the figure is safe. Doomsday Machine may only be used once per game.
I changed how Brilliant Evasion works so that there's a little more tension between the choice of keeping the X on him to protect himself, putting it on Negative Man, or using it for Doomsday Machine

Quote:

NAME = ELASTI-GIRL
SECRET IDENTITY = RITA FARR

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MISFIT
PERSONALITY = ???

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

PROTOPLASM TRANSFORMATION
After revealing a numbered Order Marker on the card of a figure you control, you may choose if Elasti-Girl is considered Tiny, Medium, or Huge.
-While Elasti-Girl is Tiny, she adds two to her Attack and Defense numbers and she cannot use her Gigantic Reach special power.

-While Elasti-Girl is Medium, she adds one to her Move, Attack, and Defense numbers and she cannot use her Gigantic Reach, and Tiny Stealth special powers.

-While Elasti-Girl is Huge, she adds two to her Move and Attack numbers and she cannot use her Tiny Stealth special power.

GIGANTIC REACH
Elasti-Girl may add 1 to her range when attacking a figure whose base is no more than 6 levels higher than her height or 6 levels lower than her base.

TINY STEALTH
Elasti-Girl cannot be targeted by non-adjacent figures and only takes leaving engagement attacks from Tiny figures.
Removed Misfit Adoption because Bast Boy kind of sucks in this Doom Patrol build since he's a real OM sucker, so maybe someone can do a V2 for Doom Patrol BB.

Quote:

NAME = ROBOTMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = CLIFF STEELE

SPECIES = CYBORG
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MISFIT
PERSONALITY = BOLD

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

DOOM PATROL TACTICIAN
After revealing a numbered Order Marker on a Misfit card you control, you may choose an opponent’s figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Robotman. Until the next time you choose a figure for Doom Patrol Tactician, whenever an Order Marker is revealed on the chosen figure's Army Card, you may immediately move Robotman or a Misfit Hero you control within clear sight of Robotman up to 4 spaces.

STEEL SKIN
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, Robotman always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled. Robotman never rolls for molten lava damage or lava field damage.

REBUILT
After taking a turn with Robotman, if he is adjacent to a Unique Android or Misfit Hero you control, you may remove one Wound Marker from this card.

SUPER STRENGTH
I made a slight change that I think better captures the theme of him being rebuilt by his teammates, plus gives him a little bit of Android synergy since he has a history as a Robo-rights lawyer.

Quote:

NAME = NEGATIVE MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = LARRY TRAINOR

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MISFIT
PERSONALITY = NEGATIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ???

NEGATIVE SPIRIT
Instead of attacking normally with Negative Man, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card and choose an opponent's figure within 6 spaces of Negative Man. If you do, place your "X" Order Marker on the chosen figure's Army Card.

NEGATIVE ATTACK
Instead of moving Negative Man, if your "X" Order Marker is on an opponent's Army Card, you may place that "X" Order Marker on another opponent's figure within 6 spaces of the originally chosen figure. While your "X" Order Marker is on an opponent's Army Card, whenever an Order Marker is revealed on the chosen figure's Army Card, you may immediately roll an unblockable attack die against the chosen figure.

NEGATIVE SPIRIT SEPARATION
While your "X" Order Marker is on an opponent's Army Card, Negative Man cannot move and cannot roll more than one defense die against attacks from opponent's figures. At the end of the round, if your "X" Order Marker is on an opponent's Army Card, return it to this card.
How's this for Negative Man? it keeps the original idea intact, but fixes the one and done issue, and allows you to move the X around.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old April 24th, 2017, 08:03 AM

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
A couple weeks back, we had a conversation about what to do with lost designs. It was stated that we should post them in this thread and see if there is some interest in them. I thought I would post one that I really like. I'm particularly interested in the Gang Buster special ability. Although I could see it being more in-line with JJJ's Smear Campaign, and choosing just 1 criminal. This was one of Skeeter700's designs, he sadly hasn't been active in over 2 years. Whatcha guys think?

Quote:

Thanks for asking.
Lobster, I'd take this as your official endorsement so if you'd like to make some adjustments and discuss it for a nomination you are free to go on this. Great find that I had forgotten about.
Cool. I'll probably aim to iron out a design of my own for a nomination first, but this guy will be on my radar for sure. I'm thinking he could be a Drax type figure against Criminals
Old April 24th, 2017, 08:53 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:

Great to see you Skeeter.

Your skills as Campaign Manager, may be in demand again.
Old April 24th, 2017, 12:42 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Judge Anderson
Cassandra Anderson

Mutate/Human
Unique Hero
Judge
Valiant
Medium 5

Life: 4

Move: 5
Range: 7
Attack: 4
Defense: 4

PRE-COG FLASH

After placing Order Markers at the start of a round, if at least one Order Marker is placed on this card, you may choose one opponent and view one unrevealed Order Marker on that opponent's card. After an opponent reveals a numbered Order Marker on the Army Card of a figure they control, and before a turn is taken with that figure, if it is the Order Marker you viewed at the start of the round, you may move any Judge figure you control, up to 5 spaces. Figures moving with Pre-Cog Flash, will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

PSI-FLASH
Once per turn, after an opponent rolls for an attack against Judge Anderson or another Judge figure you control within 5 spaces of Judge Anderson, you may add 1 automatic shield to the defense roll.

PSI-BLOCK
Opponents may not take temporary or permanent control of Judge Anderson. If there are no Order Markers on this card, opponents may not take temporary or permanent control of any other Judge Hero figure you control with an Order Mark on that figure's card.

Old April 24th, 2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post

Judge Anderson
Cassandra Anderson

Mutate/Human
Unique Hero
Judge
Valiant
Medium 5

Life: 4

Move: 5
Range: 7
Attack: 4
Defense: 4

PRE-COG FLASH

After placing Order Markers at the start of a round, if at least one Order Marker is placed on this card, you may choose one opponent and view one unrevealed Order Marker on that opponent's card. After an opponent reveals a numbered Order Marker on the Army Card of a figure they control, and before a turn is taken with that figure, if it is the Order Marker you viewed at the start of the round, you may move any Judge figure you control, up to 5 spaces. Figures moving with Pre-Cog Flash, will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

PSI-FLASH
Once per turn, after an opponent rolls for an attack against Judge Anderson or another Judge figure you control within 5 spaces of Judge Anderson, you may add 1 automatic shield to the defense roll.

PSI-BLOCK
Opponents may not take temporary or permanent control of Judge Anderson. If there are no Order Markers on this card, opponents may not take temporary or permanent control of any other Judge Hero figure you control with an Order Mark on that figure's card.

Pre-cog Flash looks like a fun mechanic. What's the theme behind the no order marker stipulation on Psi-Block?
Old April 24th, 2017, 03:38 PM

The idea is it takes her full concentration to protect the other Judges.
Also it makes it so you cannot use Pre-Cog Flash while Psi-Blocking other Judges which I think is cool as it represents the strain and limits on her powers.

This design has been altered many many times over the past five years or so. This is the closest I have come to being happy with it.

She is a tough one because she is a Judge and a Telepath.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy