Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old April 25th, 2007, 07:16 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
600 points is starting to get dangerously close to Taelord range, so lets see what I can come up with....

Taelord - 180
Raelin - 80
Omnicron Snipers x2 - 200
4th Mass x2 - 140

Total = 600

This army seems to have some potential.... position the Rae/Tae combo and let the Mass and Snipers do all the work. Wait and Fire will put the Mass at 4 dice and the Snipers will be at double 2, which is about as good as 4 dice if not better, all before height.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old April 25th, 2007, 09:01 AM

player_of_volleyball Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus
600 points is starting to get dangerously close to Taelord range, so lets see what I can come up with....

Taelord - 180
Raelin - 80
4th Mass x2 - 140

Total = 600

This army seems to have some potential.... position the Rae/Tae combo and let the Mass and Snipers do all the work. Wait and Fire will put the Mass at 4 dice and the Snipers will be at double 2, which is about as good as 4 dice if not better, all before height.
that looks like a good army but i have one word for it

Drake

Yes, finally new and better elves to improve my already thick ranks of elves.

Elves shall prevail!
Old April 25th, 2007, 10:26 AM

Riptide is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by player_of_football
Quote:

Taelord - 180
Raelin - 80
4th Mass x2 - 140

Total = 600

Drake
I agree, I might replace one of the 4th Lines with the Izumi and have them hold the front lines but within sight of Raelin... give their counterstrike a boost.
Old April 25th, 2007, 12:16 PM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide
Quote:
Originally Posted by player_of_football
Quote:

Taelord - 180
Raelin - 80
4th Mass x2 - 140

Total = 600

Drake
I agree, I might replace one of the 4th Lines with the Izumi and have them hold the front lines but within sight of Raelin... give their counterstrike a boost.
I actually don't think Drake worries this army too much. Given, I can't shoot him from far away, but he can't hurt me either from far away. If he runs up to engage me, he is most likely going to get Wait and Fire'd by 4 4th Mass soldiers, giving me 4 attacks at 4 dice (at least) versus Drake's 3 defense. I'll take those odds. Now, if he waits to come in until cleanup time, it depends totally on how my army did against the rest of Drake's to know who will come out on top.

About the Izumi - i love the Izumi (especially with Rae) but I don't know if they're worth dropping a 4th Mass squad for. If I do that, as soon as one 4th Mass goes down they're much less effective. I have, however, thought of replacing both 4th Mass squads with the Krav and oen squad of Rats to serve as a small meat shield for the agents and snipers. I could also replace the Mass with Marro, Izumi, Guilty.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old April 25th, 2007, 02:31 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
If he runs up to engage me, he is most likely going to get Wait and Fire'd by 4 4th Mass soldiers, giving me 4 attacks at 4 dice (at least) versus Drake's 3 defense.
Somehow I don't think that's "most likely." Your opponent would have to be foolish enough to engage Drake with 4 4th. Mass at the same time, not to mention they'd have to be placed in such a way that he could.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 26th, 2007, 12:11 AM

I agree totally, which is why Drake doesn't scare this army. He has to stay away (at least initially) and he can't do any harm to me there.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old April 26th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Taelord - 180
Raelin - 80
4th Mass x2 - 140

Total = 600
Not a bad army, but their are plenty of figures that would cause it problems. Drake, while not a serious threat early on, can just find a good glyph and hold it indefinitely. Ditto DW7K. The Kravs would cause this team all sorts of trouble for the same reason as DW... only they get to shoot back too. Hell even a flying squad would cause some worry, the SoJ can close ground pretty quick and the double shields will keep them alive long enough to do SOME amount of damage. Even if they only managed to kill off the heroes, that’s a pretty hard hit to this particular army.

I think this is a pretty good counter actually...
SoJ x2 - 220
KoWX2 - 140
Sir Gilbert - 105
Kravs - 100
Eldgrim - 30
TOTAL - 595

The knights bond with Gilbert and he can dispatch the SoJ to enhance their movement even more. The bas defense of the entire army is pretty high (3-4 with various defensive abilities) excluding the Viking who is just filler anyways. Move the Kow and their entourage into position just out of range of the enemy and hold. Once they start ripping off shots move in with the Kravs. Either they will keep shooting at the meleers or they will be forced to pray for a few wiffs by some kravs. Either way with gilbert moving the SoJ and the knights moving Gilbert there will be ALOT of tie down in 1-3 rounds and things just get dicey after that.

EDIT: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!! 100th post! And a quality one at that if I do say so my self... hehe.

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old April 26th, 2007, 01:15 PM

The Krav are definitely the biggest threat, though that can be said about any range-based army. Drake and DW7K can hold glyphs (this army's biggest weakness, no glyph holding at all), but Drake doesn't see too much play, and DW7K hardly any (though I think he should). I've actually considered replacing the 4th Mass here with the Marros and Deathreavers x2 recently. The reavers can tie up units like the Krav (and even kill one or 2) and let the snipers and marros (who become much more powerful with 3 attack dice rather than 2) shoot away.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old April 27th, 2007, 09:27 AM

Now that I've built a Taelord army, I'll try another lesser used figure - Acolarh

Acolarh - 110
Syvarris - 100
Aubrien Archers x3 - 210
Deadeye Dan - 60
Deathreavers x3 - 120

Total = 600

I'm not really a big fan of Acolarh's abilities, but I love Ullar and with 600 points, I'm tempted to try him out. The elves (and deadeye) are all very fragile, which means they need a nice meat shield, so rats x3 need to be in. I really think the army needs Raelin, but I can't find a place to put her. Any suggestions?

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old April 27th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Quote:
Now that I've built a Taelord army, I'll try another lesser used figure - Acolarh

Acolarh - 110
Syvarris - 100
Aubrien Archers x3 - 210
Deadeye Dan - 60
Deathreavers x3 - 120

Total = 600

I'm not really a big fan of Acolarh's abilities, but I love Ullar and with 600 points, I'm tempted to try him out. The elves (and deadeye) are all very fragile, which means they need a nice meat shield, so rats x3 need to be in. I really think the army needs Raelin, but I can't find a place to put her. Any suggestions?
I just made a similar build that works well using 3 x warriors of ashra as the meat sheild (losing Dan and deathreavers x3) and adding in Eldgrim or someone like to boost syvarris move. The warriors will be able to do more damage and take a good stand against any melee invaders while your frenzy elves and syvarris rain destruction, all within the safe aura of not dying when you kill me by the flag bearer.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old April 27th, 2007, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius
Quote:

Acolarh - 110
Syvarris - 100
Aubrien Archers x3 - 210
Deadeye Dan - 60
Deathreavers x3 - 120

Total = 600

I just made a similar build that works well using 3 x warriors of ashra as the meat sheild (losing Dan and deathreavers x3) and adding in Eldgrim or someone like to boost syvarris move. The warriors will be able to do more damage and take a good stand against any melee invaders while your frenzy elves and syvarris rain destruction, all within the safe aura of not dying when you kill me by the flag bearer.
Interesting... I thought about the WoA but was afraid they would be killed by ranged opponents. But then again, anyone within range of killing my WoA are in range of being killed by Syvarris. So, I shall take part of your advice (and part of my own from above) and make an adjustment:

Acolarh - 110
Syvarris - 100
Aubrien Archers x3 - 210
Raelin - 80
Warriors of Ashra x2 - 100

Total = 600

I now feel better about my fragile elves with Raelin in, and dem sexy WoA can provide a meat shield and be affected by Acolarh's live saving tactics. My fear here is 1) lack of glyph grabbing ability and 2) the Krav Maga agents. The agents will be difficult to deal with here (that was Dan's purpose in the army above) and without the rats, it becomes much harder to take glyphs. However, I vow to try this army if I can ever get my hands on Acolarh for a reasonable price.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old April 30th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Thats a lot of range to deal with.

Knights x2 = 140
4th Mass x 2 = 140
Gilbert = 105
Charos = 210

total = 595

All valiant army so 4th Mass get extra def. With Gilbert they can move more. Knights can bond and move with Gilbert and Gilbert can support the knights with xtra Atk and Def dice. Send Charos into the thick of things first and absorb some attacks. The knights, Gilbert, and 4th Mass come in and start hacking away at the enemies. Sounds good in theory but I haven't tested it yet still waiting on those knights.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion