Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs
Official Rules and FAQs Compilation and discussion of AotP Rules and Frequently Asked Questions.

Notices

Old July 10th, 2017, 07:46 PM

schnizol is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: AotP Question Dump

I'm looking through cards... There is card with such a wording "A creature you control gains lifelink (...)". Does the "creature" mean "army squads AND/OR planeswalker?" Or creature = anything but planeswalker?
Old July 10th, 2017, 08:07 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnizol View Post
I'm looking through cards... There is card with such a wording "A creature you control gains lifelink (...)". Does the "creature" mean "army squads AND/OR planeswalker?" Or creature = anything but planeswalker?
Creature meaning non-planeswalker. Since it is singular ("A creature .. ") then it is just one figure. You can pick one figure in a squad to gain the lifelink bonus.
Old July 10th, 2017, 08:15 PM

Thanks for answers... And questions about mind control...

1. If an opponent controls my unit, does the unit receive his or my buffs/debuffs? E.g. Gideon has AoE buff enchant. If an opponent controls a unit within the buff area... does it apply? Or maybe both players' buffs apply?

2. Cards refer to "figures an opponent controls" - does that count mind controlled figures? If so, some enchants would grant debuffs to its own squad?
Old July 11th, 2017, 10:15 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

In the parent game, if an opponent's creature was enchanted with an "enchant opponent's creature" aura and was then controlled, even temporarily, in that moment it wouldn't be an opponent and the aura would fall off.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old July 11th, 2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnizol View Post
Thanks for answers... And questions about mind control...

1. If an opponent controls my unit, does the unit receive his or my buffs/debuffs? E.g. Gideon has AoE buff enchant. If an opponent controls a unit within the buff area... does it apply? Or maybe both players' buffs apply?

2. Cards refer to "figures an opponent controls" - does that count mind controlled figures? If so, some enchants would grant debuffs to its own squad?
I'll start by saying the cards in AotP are not the best : )

"Mind Control" and effects that steal figures temporarily are not well described.

MIND CONTROL
Sorcery
You may move and attack with target squad creature an opponent controls that is within 4 clear sight spaces of a blue Planeswalker you control.

Jace's power is a good guideline.

MIND STEALER
At the end of Jace's turn, you may choose target Planeswalker within 4 clear sight spaces of Jace. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, you control that Planeswalker and you may use abilities, move, and attack with the Planeswalker. Afterward, return control of the Planeswalker.

In Heroscape, when you temporarily take control or steal a figure - it becomes yours and therefore it follows the normal "figures you control" buffs (even if the control is temporary). This includes Leaving Engagement attacks. In AotP - if that figure has an Enchantment on its Army Card - that Enchantment continues.
Old July 17th, 2017, 04:58 PM

I played AotP with friends and we weren't sure about one thing. If a player uses a spell card that says "deal 3 damage" or any amount of damage to a figure... does the opponent roll for defence? or the deal x damage sorcery cards are unblockable?
Old July 17th, 2017, 05:03 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Those damage are unblockable unless you can pull some card or ability that can block it.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 20th, 2017, 12:06 AM

raXas1516 is surprisingly tart

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can you enchant creatures that have not been summoned yet?
Old July 20th, 2017, 01:14 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by raXas1516 View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before, but can you enchant creatures that have not been summoned yet?
Yes, you can.
Old July 20th, 2017, 01:18 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
Quote:
Yes, you can.
But if a creature is returned to your reserve, the enchantments come off, incorrect?. correct.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; July 20th, 2017 at 02:10 PM.
Old July 20th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

No, only if a squad is destroyed do the spells come off. Since a unit that returns to your reserve can be summoned again, the spells remain on it.
Old July 20th, 2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
Quote:
Yes, you can.

Sorry - I disagree. I think the answer is "No" you cannot play spells on creatures that are not summoned yet.

Per the rule book, at the start of the game your Planeswalker is placed in front of you and the army card and figures for other units are placed to the side in your Reserve.

Army cards/figures are only moved into play when Summoned (from the Reserve). With this in mind, I think of the cards in Reserve as out of the game until summoned - and therefore cannot be affected until they enter the battlefield.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Rules and FAQs