Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Old September 10th, 2017, 11:14 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Contest Thread - NEW THEME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Can I request that the OP for this thread be updated to represent the current theme, and to get rid of the ugly Photobucket things?
I'm sure @Sir Heroscape will get on it as soon as he has time.
Old September 10th, 2017, 01:26 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Can I request that the OP for this thread be updated to represent the current theme, and to get rid of the ugly Photobucket things?
I'm sure @Sir Heroscape will get on it as soon as he has time.
uggh. Photobucket. Gross.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 10th, 2017, 02:37 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I've removed the broken images...but I won't be posting the full details for the next contest just yet in the OP until later this month once we've hashed things out a little more. In case we make some slight adjustments etc

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 27th, 2017, 12:39 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

All right everyone, we're back in action with another exciting map building contest. Your VirtualScape programs are warmed up so lets keep em going! We’re calling on all map builders to come up with competitive, tournament worthy maps and to submit them here for scoring. In the end, 10 maps will be chosen as the best and of the 10, #1 will be given a very high quality prize…that is: Custom Terrain designed by Biggabullfrog with this contests theme!

Why are we doing this?
We're gaining major traction now that map-building has been revitalized! It's time to have another contest and keep the excitement going with new and fun maps.

Submissions Accepted Starting...
September 27th, 2017
Submissions will be due...
October 18th, 2017 @11:59pm MST

Guidelines
  1. General guidelines for all contests specifically outlined in OP of the Welcome thread.
  2. Maps MUST have a backstory as you submit the map. Help us envision being there, and the story behind it. It can be as simple as a couple sentences or much longer, but we want to see more than just the map itself.
  3. Remember to keep map design focused on the theme.
    Definition of Wasteland: an unused area of land that has become barren or overgrown

Scoring

ALL maps submitted will be revised and scored according to the following Rubric:
  • Aesthetics/Creativity(originality of build/looks good): 10pts
  • Balanced (doesn't favor one build over another): 20pts
    Maps should not heavily favor any one special ability to the point that it makes the map non-competitive if an army does not contain that ability (i.e. range, flying, etc.)
  • Fits Theme & Good name: 10pts

Total: 40pts

*The sitting judges scoring the maps:
@Tiranx
@Sir Heroscape
@TREX
@BiggaBullfrog
@Robber

*Each map will have a rubric filled out, one from each judge. All the scores will then be averaged for one final score for that map.

*At the end of the deadline, the top 10 maps will be chosen and posted. A PUBLIC POLL will then be opened for the community to vote on the best map out of the top 10. The map winner will be posted after a week long poll and the prize awarded.

Map Building Tips for Competitive Design (from the judges)
1. avoid putting Power Glyphs on height (exceptions may be made depending on the build)
2. Double-spaced figures must be able to access all glyphs
3. Glyphs should not be able to be reached turn 1 by 5 or 6 move figures
4. avoid too much elevation close to the start zone (exceptions may be made depending on the build)

Prizes
  • BiggaBullfrog's handmade custom terrain!
    Spoiler Alert!

Known Mapmakers
@TheSparkleInYourWater @Cleon @Skylord163 @TheEpicAlpaca @capsocrates @Tornado @Dad_Scaper @Colorcrayons @Dignan @All Your Pie @Annerios @arp12 @Bengi @BiggaBullfrog @Blodshogams @Browncoat @Buddy Lee @Cavalier @cavie @dok @Eclipse @Elstree @nyys @Fedex worker @Filthy the Clown @GaryLASQ @GeneralRolando @Hahma @Nadi @Hex_Enduction_Hour @hivelord @j-Bird @Jexik @killercactus @Killometer @kolakoski @kriegskeks @Lamaclown @legoboy @lonewolf @mad_wookiee @master4sword @MegaSilver @Mooseman @NecroBlade @Obsidian @ollie @pauldragon @peteparkerh @quozl @rednax @Retlaw @robbdaman @Robber @R˙chean @rym @Ryougabot @'Scaper94 @Shades fan @Sherman Davies @skyknight @Scapemage @srmalloy @stubobj @SuperflyTNT @Swamper @Taelord @tannergx @The CEE @tom @twilkerson @Typhon2222 @Viegon @Warlord Alpha @Wind Lane @Yodaking @zanter
@A3n @vvildeyedjoker @heroscaper2010 @Herofly @Dr.Goomonkey @Leaf_It @rednax @TheTravelingScaper @GaryLASQ

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old September 27th, 2017, 03:32 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Contest Thread - NEW CONTEST!

oh man... that custom terrain is nice...
Old September 28th, 2017, 12:52 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm really excited to see what people come up with for this contest!

I've been thinking about some things that I heard following our last contest. A couple of people expressed to me that it can be difficult to get feedback on a map that's being prepared. We try to make an extra effort to give feedback as maps crop up, but naturally it's hard to get them all. That said, I fully support people workshopping their maps before submitting them and want to encourage it, so I thought I'd make this offer: if you want me to take a look at your map and give you some early feedback on it before you submit it officially, go ahead and post your map in your own map thread (not this one because we don't want too many conversations going on at once) and mention me ( @BiggaBullfrog , for those who may be new). I'll make an extra effort to go through my mentions every couple days and make sure I hit every single request for feedback. I can't make that promise on behalf of the other judges since I don't know their schedules, but I'm sure that they will be trying to give as much feedback as possible too.

Good luck all! We're looking forward to your maps!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; September 28th, 2017 at 07:52 AM. Reason: You have to spell your name right for a mention to work.
Old September 28th, 2017, 01:10 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Huh, so mentioning myself doesn't do anything. Well, at least I had an excuse to try...
@BiggaBullfrog you might want to check that spelling of your name. Still might not work, but it can't hurt.
Old September 28th, 2017, 04:03 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

BiggaBullforg haha.

I might take you up on your offer.
Old September 28th, 2017, 07:48 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Ah, I see where that went wrong. Someday I'll learn how to spell my name. Thanks @superforg .

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old September 28th, 2017, 02:14 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
I'm really excited to see what people come up with for this contest!

I've been thinking about some things that I heard following our last contest. A couple of people expressed to me that it can be difficult to get feedback on a map that's being prepared. We try to make an extra effort to give feedback as maps crop up, but naturally it's hard to get them all. That said, I fully support people workshopping their maps before submitting them and want to encourage it, so I thought I'd make this offer: if you want me to take a look at your map and give you some early feedback on it before you submit it officially, go ahead and post your map in your own map thread (not this one because we don't want too many conversations going on at once) and mention me ( @BiggaBullfrog , for those who may be new). I'll make an extra effort to go through my mentions every couple days and make sure I hit every single request for feedback. I can't make that promise on behalf of the other judges since I don't know their schedules, but I'm sure that they will be trying to give as much feedback as possible too.

Good luck all! We're looking forward to your maps!
I'm also always happy to provide my feedback on maps. Make sure to mention me too!
Old September 29th, 2017, 01:05 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Contest Thread - WASTELAND!

Would you recommend we avoid road/castle terrain?
Old September 29th, 2017, 02:33 AM

Re: Contest Thread - WASTELAND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaesShurrig View Post
Would you recommend we avoid road/castle terrain?
Not necessarily. Look at the tips/guideline section in the OP for the "definition" of wasteland

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla