Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old August 26th, 2016, 12:11 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Colorado Events: Past Present and Future

@GeneralRolando have you decided what map(s) you are bringing?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 26th, 2016, 12:14 AM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Yeah, Guardian

What other maps are being brought?

Last edited by GeneralRolando; August 26th, 2016 at 05:40 PM.
Old August 26th, 2016, 07:24 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Oh I forgot to ask. How do we feel about marvel units? I figure that they don't have much more effect than the planeswalkers. Britt's armies both include marvel. But she's not especially good at the game. Is that okay with everybody?
Old August 27th, 2016, 01:55 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRolando View Post
Oh I forgot to ask. How do we feel about marvel units? I figure that they don't have much more effect than the planeswalkers. Britt's armies both include marvel. But she's not especially good at the game. Is that okay with everybody?
Silver Surfer is still better than anything in AotP. Thanos can be pretty obnoxious. I didn't intend to allow Marvel, but I think it will be fine.

--
--
--

--
Old August 27th, 2016, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Yeah, Guardian

What other maps are being brought?
Embattled Fen by GameBear (I think)
Cage Match by Dignan
Ice Thistle by Typhon (I think)
Smokey's Lament by Dignan

--
--
--

--
Old August 28th, 2016, 08:39 AM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

How did it go? Sorry I missed it!

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old August 28th, 2016, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpucblek View Post
How did it go? Sorry I missed it!
3/5 of us went 2-1. We beat / lost to each other in a triangle, so there was no winner.

The conclusion on Planeswalkers is that they are solid A armies; or rather, only solid A-ranked Heroscape armies can reliably beat them. So they're not broken, but they're really good; better than the B-range stuff most of us typically bring to casual tournaments.

--
--
--

--
Old August 28th, 2016, 12:56 PM

I still think that they are too powerful. In my 3 games three different AotP armies played against a Heroscape army and the Heroscape army lost by a landslide each time.
Old August 28th, 2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
I still think that they are too powerful. In my 3 games three different AotP armies played against a Heroscape army and the Heroscape army lost by a landslide each time.
But none of them were *good* Heroscape armies.

--
--
--

--
Old August 28th, 2016, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
But none of them were *good* Heroscape armies.
If the only armies that can compete with planeswalkers are A armies then the meta has effectively been reduced to rats, railing, 4th mass, q9, marvel, and a select few other combos. Talk about boring. In regular scape you can still compete with B or even some C combos. Even when someone is running Raelin Q9 and support its still possible to counter it. When I was against a planeswalkers I never thought I had a chance of winning and when I was using a planeswalkers I seldom had a thought that I was going to lose. The spells are simply too good. It's impossible to predict what might be a safe move and causes what would normally be risky moves to basically become completely unviable.
Old August 28th, 2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
If the only armies that can compete with planeswalkers are A armies then the meta has effectively been reduced to rats, railing, 4th mass, q9, marvel, and a select few other combos. Talk about boring. In regular scape you can still compete with B or even some C combos. Even when someone is running Raelin Q9 and support its still possible to counter it. When I was against a planeswalkers I never thought I had a chance of winning and when I was using a planeswalkers I seldom had a thought that I was going to lose. The spells are simply too good. It's impossible to predict what might be a safe move and causes what would normally be risky moves to basically become completely unviable.
You haven't looked at the power rankings thread in a while, have you? There are quite a few units in there that are in the A- to A+ range. I think some B+ armies could potentially win games against Planeswalkers. The 13 figure limit really limited the range of armies that can be effective against the Planeswalkers. I imagine we will see something different with a 20+ figure limit.

--
--
--

--
Old August 28th, 2016, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
You haven't looked at the power rankings thread in a while, have you? There are quite a few units in there that are in the A- to A+ range. I think some B+ armies could potentially win games against Planeswalkers. The 13 figure limit really limited the range of armies that can be effective against the Planeswalkers. I imagine we will see something different with a 20+ figure limit.
I suppose that's true. I'm aware of the size of the A rank list but it still removes a large chunk of units. And I still think even saying planeswalkers can be reliable beaten by A- armies is a stretch. Either way, looking back I think if we were to do this again I would try some mix of vampires and phantom knight. Even that is still relying on a lot of auto wound though.

Just FYI. If you only play with A+ to A- armies, you're only using about 25% of the available official Heroscape figures.... So I stand by my previous statement "booooring"

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events