Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 6th, 2018, 10:52 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
The Book of Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)

The Book of Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)

C3G MARVEL WAVE 28
MARVEL COSMIC

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Guardians of the Galaxy set.
Its model number and name are #019a, #207 / Captain Marvel.

Character Bio - After an encounter with a temporarily-resurrected Mar-Vell, Carol Danvers decided that he would have wanted her to take on his legacy. She moved on from her old costume and identity of Ms. Marvel and adopted the mantle of Captain Marvel. As Captain Marvel, Carol has been a member of teams such as the Avengers, the Guardians of the Galaxy, the Ultimates, and A-Force.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: Ronin (@7 Defense, 350 points)
  • Second playtest: Lobster (@6 Defense, 350 points)
  • Third playtest: Arkham (@6 defense, 370 points)
  • Fourth playtest: Soundwarp (@6 Defense, 370 points)
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by Arkham
  • Carol Danvers created by Roy Thomas and Gene Colan
  • Captain Marvel costume designed by Jamie McKelvie
  • Comic art by Jamie McKelvie and Jordie Bellaire

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 04:07 PM. Reason: png
Old May 6th, 2018, 10:52 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) (Breathing Pe

NAME = CAPTAIN MARVEL
SECRET IDENTITY = CAROL DANVERS

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHAMPION
PERSONALITY = DRIVEN

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 370

FIELD COMMANDER
After revealing a numbered Order Marker on this card, instead of moving Captain Marvel, you may rearrange any unrevealed Order Markers on Army Cards you control and immediately move any other figure you control within 8 clear sight spaces of Captain Marvel up to 4 spaces.

ALL-OUT OFFENSE
Before taking a turn with Captain Marvel, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. While there is a revealed "X" Order Marker on this card, Captain Marvel rolls 2 fewer defense dice, and after attacking with Captain Marvel, she may attack one additional time.

THE BEST DEFENSE
When defending against a normal attack from a figure within 5 clear sight spaces, if Captain Marvel rolls more skulls than the attacking figure, the attacking figure receives one wound.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Last edited by Ronin; June 19th, 2018 at 03:57 PM.
Old May 6th, 2018, 10:53 PM
Symbiotic

Re: The Book of Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) (Breathing Pe

Comic:
Spoiler Alert!

Figure:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
something spacey (EDIT: 'mostly void, partially stars' sort of thing, that is, not Kevin)

Last edited by Ronin; May 6th, 2018 at 11:11 PM.
Old May 6th, 2018, 11:10 PM
Symbiotic

Re: The Book of Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) (Breathing)

We've just been talking about her a little recently, but the pitch, in a nutshell, is that she's a slightly different spin on Carol, she's Star-Lord friendly, and she's a good generalist complement to other leader figures. Also she brings a lot of heat, offensively.
Old May 7th, 2018, 03:21 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I think I'd actually prefer to lose initiative with her and then use OM3 & X to get the attack boost without the def. lose hurting me at all.
Old May 7th, 2018, 02:54 PM
Symbiotic

Yeah, it's safer to use near the end of the round. Potentially very rewarding to use early and get a full round of big double attacks, though.
Old May 7th, 2018, 03:02 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'm generally a fairly aggressive player but since she has a base defense of 7 and can inflict damage while defending, I think I'd rather use her defense as my second attack for the most part. If she gets down to 1 life I might go ahead and use OM1 & the X right away, get the double attack in and just accept she won't survive the round. Otherwise it might be hard for me to give up that 7 def., especially if I get her onto high ground and/or she is paired up with CA/Star Lord. Rolling 9 def. dice means you could easily block the attack and still roll more skulls than your opponent fairly often.

I'm not suggesting you need to change anything, I'm just pointing out that I personally don't see myself recklessly overextending all that often and at that point it really isn't reckless any more.
Old May 7th, 2018, 03:18 PM
C3G Landlord

I actually did just have a thought here. Since Classic scape has an overextend power, maybe model it a little closer to what that power?

OVEREXTEND ATTACK
After taking a turn with Alastair MacDirk, you may place a wound marker on Alastair MacDirk and take another turn with him. You may only use this power once during a round.

I think Captain Marvel's life is too valuable to give up for an extra turn on a one-for-one basis, but what if it were a 50/50 or 33% gamble?

RECKLESS OVEREXTEND
Once per round, after taking a turn with Captain Marvel, you may take another turn with her. If you do, after taking that turn roll a single combat die, place a wound marker on this card if you roll a (skull/shield?).

Maybe increase her life up to 6 to give her a little more room to take that risk too? Would save the X for Cosmo, my Rocket II idea, or any other the other X reveal figures you might want to team her up with. Getting a full second turn instead of just a second attack also makes it easier to give up her move once to rearrange unrevealed OM's. Having an extra move included also makes if feel more like she is recklessly overextending when she uses it to chase after someone or push up farther ahead of her allies.
Old May 7th, 2018, 04:34 PM
Symbiotic

If we're worried about the mechanics not being close enough to the established Overextend mechanics, I'd rather change the name than the mechanics. Not feeling the once-a-round extra turn. Feels less Cap/Star-Lord-friendly and it doesn't have the tension of the current power. Seems a little dry to me.
Old May 8th, 2018, 07:10 PM
Symbiotic

Any other thoughts? Anyone agree with YK? Not agree with YK? Have some other input on the current direction? Bueller?
Old May 8th, 2018, 07:18 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I'd like to see the name of Reckless Overextend changed as 'overextend' goes with a particular mechanic in Heroscape to me. I think the power is fine though, I'd trade two defense for an extra attack without batting an eye personally.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old May 8th, 2018, 10:05 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
I'd trade two defense for an extra attack without batting an eye personally.
I might have been reading my own assumptions into YKs post but I thought that was sort of his complaint. Doesn't really feel very reckless. It's a win win really...2 attacks of 6 with range and still have a minimum of 5 defense with best defense...where do I sign up.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library