Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old September 25th, 2022, 11:55 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Interesting that people still think the 2.0 version is a kids game.
The only version I would truly call a kids game is the basic rules. The advanced rules is a game accessible to kids.
Old September 26th, 2022, 12:02 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think a better designation would be "family-friendly mass market wargame."

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 26th, 2022, 08:59 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Interesting that people still think the 2.0 version is a kids game.
You may be right...I still think of it as a game for younger folks but if it's going through a kick starter (Haslabs) then only adults can really pick it up.
Craig is a big proponent of tandem play. He used to call it “Father Son Games”. The intent is that an adult and a child could both play the game and find joy. Sure the parents purchase the game, but part of the purchase incentive is to have that bonding experience.
That's how my kids got into this.
We're not a family of 'gamers' by any stretch of the imagination. I used to play D&D before the 453rd edition came out (slight exaggeration) and I got so miffed off with constant rule changes that I made up my own RPG that was locally successful and played that quite a lot in the 80's and 90's. But then life interfered and I ended up married. I found Heroscape before my kids were really old enough to play (a gummed and drooled upon Grimnack is really a sad sight). I didn't actually play it until my oldest was eight (11 - possibly 12 years ago). My kids have dabbled in warhammer and legion but really the conversion of those into customs for heroscape is what those forays became about.

The only other game we play just for the sake of playing is Bloodbowl. The difference is, we do not use figures unless they're painted. So even when H'scape 3.0 comes out (AOTV being 2.0) it won't see our table for a little while and then it'll be in drips and drabs until we finish painting them (That's me grumbling again).

My point is that the parents indeed have to purchase the game...but the hope for a wider market through an expensive kickstarter in which the game will not be seen for at least a year (hopefully before Christmas) isn't really, IMHO, a strategic mass marketing idea pointed at kids. And kids is where normal extra household money goes too.

My hope is that this campaign warrants enough of a following to get Hasbro back into stores so it can truly take off. Nothing worse than taking a kid through a toy aisle and being told what presents should arrive soon. That's worse than peer pressure!

Of course I'm old so I prefer the tactile approach to purchasing while today's groups prefer the hope and wait method of purchasing online. Kind of like visible mini purchase over blind mini purchasing. Hope the mini's are the right size.

Okay so it's Monday and I'm not getting any younger - where's todays' update?

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; September 26th, 2022 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Getting Older...better than the alternative.
Old September 26th, 2022, 09:08 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Okay so it's Monday and I'm not getting any younger - where's todays' update?
Bears in armor:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 26th, 2022, 09:12 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Okay the important question!

Is that a polar, panda or brown? Or one of each? Either way they're Grizzly looking figures.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; September 26th, 2022 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Had to be said!
Old September 26th, 2022, 09:21 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Minis pic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 26th, 2022, 09:25 AM

Polar Bears!
Have to be from a cold environment...they're blue!

Those are cool looking figures (that pun was not actually intended that time). Armour seems to be a cross between Iron Man and Samurai. That's awesome!

Last edited by AMIS; September 26th, 2022 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Getting pumped for this stuff again.
Old September 26th, 2022, 09:27 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Another of my designs. I'm excited that these guys are finally revealed, because the sculpts are gorgeous, and a lot of work went into getting the design to sing.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; September 26th, 2022 at 09:29 AM. Reason: but you can't see the design. yet. :)
Old September 26th, 2022, 09:35 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Oh! Bear Knuckle Boxers!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 26th, 2022, 09:35 AM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

These are one of the coolest figure designs so far, in my opinion. They look like classic Heroscape which I love.
Old September 26th, 2022, 09:45 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Oh! Bear Knuckle Boxers!
Points!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
These are one of the coolest figure designs so far, in my opinion. They look like classic Heroscape which I love.
That was important to me, for this unit in particular, so I'm pleased to read your kind words. Thank you.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 26th, 2022, 09:45 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Blue = Jandar? "Frostclaw" = Polar Bears?

Great looking Squad! Not that bears really need armor. Well, maybe against the impossibly wacko baddies we've seen. Hey, bears are my totem animal!

Our first professional photo here from the upcoming offering?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion