Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old August 6th, 2022, 05:19 AM

BasketBasket knows what's in an order marker BasketBasket knows what's in an order marker
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

In this 15h Gencon livestream they said there will be a discord w/invite released to "awnser all of the questions of heroscape first" on monday

I'm not very savvy at discord but if someone gets it can they list ot here? Did they mean this discord? https://discord.com/invite/pw9dHat

The quote mentioned here:
At 4h 34m in this stream https://m.twitch.tv/videos/1553012656?t=04h09m57s
Old August 6th, 2022, 05:24 AM

BasketBasket knows what's in an order marker BasketBasket knows what's in an order marker

If anyone hasn't seen these sweet videos by Sir Heroscape check them out

Interview with Dad_Scaper:

Age of Annihilation Update #1:

Age of Annihilation Update #2:

Sorry if these have been posted before, on mobile and I'm having issues
Old August 6th, 2022, 07:53 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketBasket View Post
In this 15h Gencon livestream they said there will be a discord w/invite released to "awnser all of the questions of heroscape first" on monday

I'm not very savvy at discord but if someone gets it can they list ot here? Did they mean this discord? https://discord.com/invite/pw9dHat

The quote mentioned here:
At 4h 34m in this stream https://m.twitch.tv/videos/1553012656?t=04h09m57s
No, Avalon Hill will be launching their own discord channel on 8/8. I’m sure a link will be posted here.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old August 6th, 2022, 08:00 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
Well if I could figure out how to upload pics without having a hosting site I have the ultimate picture form today featuring your beloved CVN
Maybe you can get Geeksquad to help you out.
LISTEN OLD MAN! I would challenge you to a race, to settle this internet feud, on Korean motorcycles this week, bad saly you are in bed every night by 7 PM

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old August 6th, 2022, 08:25 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
For the time being i'll trust that Craig and crew are taking this in a good direction, the quality of the sculpts themselves look good and if the set includes painted terrain then I'm okay with that given the inevitable production concerns. I'm willing to paint my figures, even though I'd prefer not to have to do so.

With that being said, we would need some form of compensation to account for the lack of paint job, such as an interesting 3 dimensional set piece to go along with the terrain. Something like the ruins from ROTV or the Marvel set. Seeing just how prominent the ruin use has been in almost all map building, their inclusion in ROTV has had a massive impact on the game for just a couple setpieces. Even the rocks in Battle for the Underdark were a very nice addition. The setpieces wouldn't need to have a fancy paint job either, just a wash like the ROTV ruins at most. Something along those lines would go a long way in making this a satisfactory masterset.
I really don't think it would be good to ship the unpainted figures with only flat terrain tiles

If we can get something that adds an interesting twist to map building, I'll be happy with the set
I spent a few minutes yesterday telling them my idea for terrain pieces that would help with setup time to make the game more accessible. They made some comments about different types of terrain molds (particularly larger single pieces along the lines of the castle) being really expensive at each level of production (down to the weight and space taken up in the box IIRC) but they *DID* say that they have lots of cool plans for terrain stuff.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 6th, 2022, 09:24 AM

the1whoknoxx is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I spent a few minutes yesterday telling them my idea for terrain pieces that would help with setup time to make the game more accessible. They made some comments about different types of terrain molds (particularly larger single pieces along the lines of the castle) being really expensive at each level of production (down to the weight and space taken up in the box IIRC) but they *DID* say that they have lots of cool plans for terrain stuff.
If you're going back to the booth at any point can you ask if there will be an "official" color scheme for each figure, and if there will be is it going to be on the card portraits similar to the original run?
Old August 6th, 2022, 10:02 AM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

While I haven't finished watching all of the streams, the theme of this new master set is intriguing. That hammerhead shark character was said to be part of some monster-hunting guild, and most of the other units are wearing very similar attire (as if they are all part of the same steampunk pirate crew). And with the huge dragon for them to hunt, the set gives me a "Swarm of the Marro" impression.
Old August 6th, 2022, 10:25 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Its been confirmed by one of the developers here that the colors will reflect the Characters' Generals, and not be a wash.
Old August 6th, 2022, 10:37 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
While I haven't finished watching all of the streams, the theme of this new master set is intriguing. That hammerhead shark character was said to be part of some monster-hunting guild, and most of the other units are wearing very similar attire (as if they are all part of the same steampunk pirate crew). And with the huge dragon for them to hunt, the set gives me a "Swarm of the Marro" impression.
Monster hunting would be a cool new take on the game, different but cool I could see that cracking the market as a cool gimmick.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 6th, 2022, 10:57 AM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Going with the most hunter theory, I could see the huge new dragon having a "boss mode" type battle with it by itself versus an equal point army of hunters, like with the Eldrazi figure expansion in AOTP. Maybe a set of a few huge figures together like the old large unit expansions.

Maybe even an official Van Nessing figure. He can take on a huge dragon. I've seen him defeat A+ armies, lol.

But yeah, apocalyptic survivors taking on monsters. There does seem to be a lot of gas mask/goggle/protective like gear with some characters.

So I'm assuming the all green figure with the staff and antlers is in Ullar, to show as an example of being full color matching of the generals example. They'd look plenty great if they all have the same high detailing and visibility of the detail out of the box. That's probably a wash though?

That green (antler wearing elf?) Figure looks way better than these anyway.

Last edited by brak88; August 6th, 2022 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Tried to post an image of the new figure, but wouldn't work.
Old August 6th, 2022, 11:06 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I think the monster hunters will just be a squad who get a bonus when attacking huge creatures or something like that.
Old August 6th, 2022, 11:42 AM

KRUG! knows what's in an order marker KRUG! knows what's in an order marker

I think it’s been said that the monster hunters are heroes.

Withhold no sacrifice,
grudge no toil,
seek no sordid gain,
fear no foe.
All will be well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion