Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Old July 22nd, 2013, 05:32 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game

Yesterday at Comic-Con I picked up a copy of Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game. I got to play one game last night with my son and boy is that a fun game. The strategy is a bit advanced for my 8 yr old son, but after one game, he's picked up some strategic tactics. It's essentially a Dominion style game that pits all the players up against the game itself. I find this greatly appealing. I enjoy attempted to win with my son as apposed to trying to beat him. The game comes with a bunch of cards and the replay-ability is superb. Anyone else out there enjoying this game?

Last edited by Balantai; July 22nd, 2013 at 05:49 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 08:44 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game

Yes and no...

I'm bipolar when it comes to this game actually...

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old July 23rd, 2013, 11:12 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I played another game last night only this time my wife played also. It was rough at the beginning of the game as high attack villains flooded the city, but we eventually took control and took out Magneto. Another fun game. It took longer than I would've liked, but my wife was just learning the game and we're still working on my son's strategy. Looking forward to another game soon.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 11:14 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

My wife loves Dominion, but I've yet to find a battle game that she really likes. Should I consider trying this one?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 23rd, 2013, 11:25 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
My wife loves Dominion, but I've yet to find a battle game that she really likes. Should I consider trying this one?
To me, the most appealing aspect of Legendary (other than the fact that it's Marvel superheroes) is that it is cooperative. Losing doesn't sting as much when you lose as a group. Especially to a young child. I wouldn't say this game is for anyone who is extremely competitive. I've played two games now and I never felt like we were going to lose. On the other hand, we've fought the two weakest Masterminds up to his point, so we'll have to see.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 11:45 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Sounds cool. Not to derail but I would like to hear more about Comic-Con. Have you been going for a long time and if so what can you say about the evolution of the Con?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 23rd, 2013, 12:03 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Sounds cool. Not to derail but I would like to hear more about Comic-Con. Have you been going for a long time and if so what can you say about the evolution of the Con?
Answered your question here.
Old August 12th, 2013, 06:53 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Yesterday at Comic-Con I picked up a copy of Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game. I got to play one game last night with my son and boy is that a fun game. The strategy is a bit advanced for my 8 yr old son, but after one game, he's picked up some strategic tactics. It's essentially a Dominion style game that pits all the players up against the game itself. I find this greatly appealing. I enjoy attempted to win with my son as apposed to trying to beat him. The game comes with a bunch of cards and the replay-ability is superb. Anyone else out there enjoying this game?
Oh, I've been loving Legendary for a few months now. In my opinion, the mastermind you're fighting has a lot less of an impact on the game's difficulty than the scheme...and the number of players. Some of the scheme's (Bank Robbery, Killbots) are a real pain no matter what, and often - in terms of the number of players - less is more. For the greatest challenge, just give five players a try.

Oh, and I haven't checked it out yet, but if you feel that you and yours have begun to master Legendary, I've heard that the recently released Dark City expansion is a serious climb in difficulty.

Good gaming!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old December 12th, 2013, 07:17 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My friends and I continue to really love this game. Right beside the Resident Evil DBG, this one sees a lot of play when we're not role-playing.

So, I was checking out UpperDeck's site and came across some teaser info for Legendary Encounters. It looks to be very similar and maybe even compatible with the original. Best of all, it really opens the doors for other licensed properties.

I can't wait to be able to build a deck around Mal and Jayne!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Old March 1st, 2014, 12:26 PM

For those of you who hate that the Legendary expansions have not come with dividers, it appears that Upper Deck has (kinda) come to their senses.
$10 for 200 dividers is a decent deal, even if it comes to about $15 after shipping.

I got mine in yesterday and sorted everything to taste in the core set's box last night. I think I might have been upset at having to pay for dividers, but like as not Upper Deck will screw up or kill off the game before I've gone through 200 of the things.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Old March 1st, 2014, 11:51 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
For those of you who hate that the Legendary expansions have not come with dividers, it appears that Upper Deck has (kinda) come to their senses.
$10 for 200 dividers is a decent deal, even if it comes to about $15 after shipping.

I got mine in yesterday and sorted everything to taste in the core set's box last night. I think I might have been upset at having to pay for dividers, but like as not Upper Deck will screw up or kill off the game before I've gone through 200 of the things.
Hmm, either those or I'll have to print some of the awesome ones people have made over at BGG. I just picked up the F4 expansion (haven't gotten to play it yet), but I'm already stretched thin on dividers.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 1st, 2014, 11:53 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I love this game but the announcement for dividers was a bit annoying. They clearly knew dividers would be wanted/needed since they put them in the core set. To not add them to other sets and then charge just rubs me the wrong way. Thankfully there are lots of awesome dividers on BGG that can printed for cheaper than what UD offers and look 100x better.

Aside from that this is currently our most played game. The schemes were also a huge factor in what makes the game so awesome for me. Each scheme really effects how the game plays. Loki with the Legacy Virus plays way different than Loki trying to blow up the Hellicarrier. Some Masterminds are a little weaker but the rules give suggestions to increase the difficulty like adding an extra power or 2 to the Mastermind or including more scheme twists or playing more cards from the villain deck or even adding more players.

Ive read a lot complaints about how the game cant decide if its competitive or coop. I say its your group that cant decide. If you dont like the points at the end you just dont count them up.This is how I play with my family. When I play with my group we do count the points but also play together to beat the Mastermind. I find this to be a great game to play with my wife. Theres very little "screw other players" types of cards. To me this is one of the better coop games that limits the chance of an alpha player.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games