Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old January 16th, 2016, 02:33 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Talking Dr. G's January Custom Contest - Go vote at the poll!

Welcome to the first of Dr. G's Custom Contests. You have until 11:59 PST on January 30'th to enter.

The goal of this contest is to make a Hero (unique, common, or uncommon) unit for this figure:

It is the Horrorclix Tickler.

Another thread will be started on January 31'st with entries with a poll to vote for a winner. The winner will be announced February 7'th, and the prize* will be sent immediately to the winner.

Rules:

1. Entries must be sent to me via PM.

2. Keep your entry anonymous while the contest is running.

3. Only 1 entry per member.

4. You may not vote for your own entry as the winner (even if it is the best).

Other Clarifications:

You may enter if you do not make a card for your unit. If you submit the entry early enough I will make a card for you (my skills are decent, but nothing to write home about).

If you want to change your entry you can, just PM me before time is up.

Contestants:

1. @mtl1998
2. @Ninja Status
3. @TheAverageFan
4. @Lazy Orang
5. @Good Pig
6. @IshMEL

Other images:
Spoiler Alert!

*The prize is bragging writes.

This contest has been approved by @Jim

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; February 1st, 2016 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Added a list of contestants
Old January 16th, 2016, 02:47 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: Dr. G's January Custom Contest - Entries Open Through 1/

Nice to see a new contest!

If you need a card for your entry, the MCC is still around.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old January 16th, 2016, 03:52 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That's a really cute figure. Just adorably monstrous. I love it. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much availability on the internet.

I'll have to think for a while about my entry.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old January 16th, 2016, 04:28 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Awesome! Can't wait to submit my entry.
Old January 16th, 2016, 09:18 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Question:

How much of a factor should point cost/balance play in designing and voting? Of course an incredibly overcosted or a brokenly powerful entry would be bad, but could one get away with eyeballing a reasonable point cost? It would be up to the voter, of course, but are there any suggestions in the same vein as this question?

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old January 16th, 2016, 09:45 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

7 hours later, and I have my custom. I posted in the MCC, so I should have a card soon enough.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old January 17th, 2016, 09:17 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
Question:

How much of a factor should point cost/balance play in designing and voting? Of course an incredibly overcosted or a brokenly powerful entry would be bad, but could one get away with eyeballing a reasonable point cost? It would be up to the voter, of course, but are there any suggestions in the same vein as this question?
I think it should be ballparked decently, but that definitely isn't the biggest criteria.

When I look over the customs and make my personal opinions of them I will make guidelines in the poll thread for how to decide who to vote for. Balance and functionality in the game will be important on the list, but being scientifically accurate with the points won't be highly important.

I would suggest to all participants that you play test your unit at least once, if not for points just for overall quality assurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
7 hours later, and I have my custom. I posted in the MCC, so I should have a card soon enough.
Be sure to keep your entry anonymous if doing this, like @mtl1998 did.

Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old January 18th, 2016, 12:28 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Dr. G's January Custom Contest - Entries Through 1/30

My motherboard on my PC crapped out yesterday so I won't be able to submit a card with artwork. I do have a design worked up though that I could send.
Old January 18th, 2016, 10:30 PM
On vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
My motherboard on my PC crapped out yesterday so I won't be able to submit a card with artwork. I do have a design worked up though that I could send.
Send away. Like I said I will make a card for you. If you want a specific picture of it used let me know.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old January 18th, 2016, 10:44 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Send away. Like I said I will make a card for you. If you want a specific picture of it used let me know.
Hey thank you. I'd received a PM from Mac122 already so I sent the design details to him for art help.
Old January 24th, 2016, 03:44 PM
On vacation...

Just one week left to enter!

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old January 24th, 2016, 04:59 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Thought I'd share the figure and hit zone images I used to make the cards for a couple entries.
Spoiler Alert!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards