Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old August 28th, 2016, 06:31 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Question Dump / Advice Column: Ask your questions he

True enough.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 30th, 2016, 02:05 PM

redstang knows what's in an order marker redstang knows what's in an order marker redstang knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Toughie. Not sure I have much really good advice for you. They're both great figures without any specific weaknesses that I can think of. Someone who can steal Mandarin's glyphs (Shadow Thief or whomever) might not be a bad thing to have in your back pocket. The Energy and Electromagnetic rings could both be pretty handy in taking out Black Adam, and even getting them away from Mandarin for a turn or two could be a difference maker.

Orange Lantern (Lex Luthor) might be a good idea. He can't directly steal glyphs, you'd need someone else for that, but he's enough of a bruiser to hang with Black Adam for a bit and he'll get a bonus against Mandarin while Mandarin's got glyphs. Plus he'll help you scoop up any goodies Mandarin drops.
So you're saying Mandarin's glyphs can be stolen? I assume this means that stolen and lost are considered two different actions in the game, as Mandarin's card states he can't lose the glyphs unless destroyed.
Old August 30th, 2016, 02:09 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Rule Clarifier

It's an odd ruling in my opinion but "lost" is a specific C3G term meaning the figure taking a wound is the trigger. It's explained in the FAQ for Mandarin and other figures that can't lose glyphs.

~Dysole, who watched Shadow Thief win a game in like two turns (It was a Capture the Flag format with the flag being a glyph)
Old August 30th, 2016, 02:43 PM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, it's not a very good wording, because despite saying "by any means", that clause is really only preventing one means (receiving wounds). I've been meaning to suggest that we update those units to use Teleportation Belt wording and just explicitly call out receiving wounds. It'd be much more clear.

C3G (Welcome Center) (Books)
C3G Sortable Index
(Updated through Wave 28 - Marvel Cosmic)
Old August 30th, 2016, 03:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I agree that it is confusing.
Old March 9th, 2017, 04:43 AM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'll be playing with my custom Dark Phoenix soon, my figure is around 8 or 9 in height and I'd like to edit her size to large. I know this should make her cost rise since she will now be immune to some specials. Any idea how much of a bump this would give her?
Old March 9th, 2017, 05:45 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Don't worry about it. The size is just going off of the hit zone of the figure.

The whole Dark Phoenix figure is a little bit bigger than Medium 5, but the size isn't going off of the size of the whole figure (including the giant phoenix construct made of fire) it's just going off of the size of the human part of the figure, since the rest doesn't have a hit zone.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old March 9th, 2017, 11:41 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I agree with laughing matter here. Also Large, Medium and such are designations of mass and not size. Something can be tall or wide and still not weigh more...such as her fire in this case. The hit zone is the humanoid figure in the middle of all that flame and you probably have a similar figure to me and mine is about the same medium 5 as regular figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.
Old March 9th, 2017, 12:53 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That being said, Large is worth a decent point boost as it provides tons of protections from powers and really no negatives.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 9th, 2017, 02:20 PM
Not Citrus

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Well, it provides a tonne of negatives, actually, but only really for non flying figures - not being able to climb ladders or be carried by Angel is a pain in the arse for gound-pounders, but for Fliers, there really isn't a down-side (unless there end up being issues with placement).
Also, might I know what your figure is L0B5T3R? I've had no luck finding a cool looking, reasonably priced one. (Not something that haunts me too much as I loathe Jean Grey, but it looks like a fun design I'd like to play.)

My Family's Classic Customs
- Suicidium Scourge
=====================
Old March 9th, 2017, 02:51 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Well, it provides a tonne of negatives, actually, but only really for non flying figures - not being able to climb ladders or be carried by Angel is a pain in the arse for gound-pounders, but for Fliers, there really isn't a down-side (unless there end up being issues with placement).
Also, might I know what your figure is L0B5T3R? I've had no luck finding a cool looking, reasonably priced one. (Not something that haunts me too much as I loathe Jean Grey, but it looks like a fun design I'd like to play.)
Not sure about him but I've used one of these fragments...typically about $0.49 and look really friggin awesome...

Fragment Emma Frost #S104 Avengers Vs X-Men Op Kit Marvel Heroclix

there is also a Fragment Magik #S105 Avengers Vs X-Men Op Kit Marvel Heroclix

either of those would probably work as they are mostly translucent flame with no real distinction as to what female it is.

I know at least one other person has used this as well...

Hound #008 Days of Future Past Marvel Heroclix

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.
Old March 9th, 2017, 04:28 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, that Hound figure is what I use. No idea what I payed for it but it was cheaper than the official figure.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project