Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old March 28th, 2017, 08:10 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: IshMEL's Customs: Updated 3/23/17

The people have spoken! Well, two people. Anyway, I've always liked this SA and I think it would fit for this figure:

Concentrated Blast Special Attack
Range 7 Attack 2+Special
Before attacking with Concentrated Blast Special Attack, you may reveal any number of additional order markers on this card. Roll 4 additional attack dice for each additional numbered order marker you just revealed.

Some other possibilities:

• Excess shields vs a SA will heal it (Energy Absorb)
• Multi-attack at a short range (Forked Lightning)
And Flying, of course.

Just thinking out loud here!
Old March 30th, 2017, 08:10 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That figure is really awesome, I like the thought of Energy Absorb, that would probably make its defense have to be 4 or more. I think incorporating the fact that the lightning is coming out of a lightsaber-esque handle would be cool, I'm picturing something along the lines of:

Lightning Whip Special Attack
Range 1. Attack 3 + Special.
Choose a figure to attack. You may also choose up to two figures within 2 clear sight spaces of the targeted figure to be affected by Lightning Whip Special Attack. If the two chosen figures are within two spaces of each other you may roll one additional attack die. Roll attack dice once for all figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Destructible objects are not affected by Lightning Whip Special Attack.

There's my

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old March 30th, 2017, 09:59 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Concentrated Blast seems super-powerful but draining at the same time . Unfortunately it probably wouldn't see much use outside of killing Queen units. Maybe give him an anti-squad version too?

Here's an idea for an SA:

Quote:
REACTIVE CHARGE:
Whenever SOSO rolls defense against a Normal (and/or Special) attack, place a blue Charge Marker on this Army Card for every excess shield rolled.

DISCHARGE SPECIAL ATTACK:
Range Special Attack Special
Discharge Special Attack affects all figures within 2 clear sight spaces of SOSO. Roll attack dice equal to the number of Charge Markers on SOSO's Army Card. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. After attacking with Discharge Special Attack, remove all Charge Markers from this Army Card.
Effectiveness would wildly vary depending on his Defense value. Part of me feels like this has already been done somewhere on the hundreds of C3G cards, but still. Sure is a lot you can do with an electric-themed Hero.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 1st, 2017, 04:03 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

@Dr.Goomonkey and @TheAverageFan thanks for the suggestions! I'm going to cogitate upon them.

In the meantime, a work in progress card. Here's the figure (I have the black one):

The figure is a little too "flat" but it will do. And it was cheap. Here's what I'm thinking with the card:

So, a life insurance policy for the Esenweins. Is it worth 25 points (and two turns!) to save your vampire from destruction? Hmmm, we'll see I guess?

Last edited by IshMEL; May 6th, 2017 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Updated bat swarm card
Old April 1st, 2017, 06:23 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Pretty cool, but I wonder if there is some way to gauge the number of OMs you sacrifice to the value of the Vampire. At the moment I see no reason to use it for anyone but Cyprien. And it's a pretty powerful bail for someone who's already one of the strongest figures in Heroscape.

~TAF

Old April 1st, 2017, 07:42 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I was thinking that this would be way too much for 25 points, until I realized that when Cyprien comes back he will have all the wounds he had before he was "destroyed". It is scary to me to boost such a great figure, but there have been plenty of times where a lucky swing will ruin the Esenwein family's reign. There was one event in Everett that one player lost every single game playing with Cyprien. With Bat Swarm, Cyprien is at least not going to lose to one lucky roll, now it takes two!

Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old April 5th, 2017, 12:25 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Limiting it to figures with Life Drain really does limit its common use to Cyp, though I can see running Iskra with it to avoid losing your Retchets on an unlucky Defense roll before they are summoned. That's already a text-heavy card, but I think expanding it to include Nicholas Esenwein would be a great step to increasing the number of builds it's usable in. Then you can mix it into Thrall builds, which become more secure against the pain of losing your resurrector early.

Good stuff.

EDIT: Oof, losing 3 OM is rough going. Though considering you might be losing currently deceased, yet to be Reanimated/Risen Skeletons of Annellintia or Thralls along with your Vampire, maybe it's worth it.
Old April 5th, 2017, 01:20 PM

Thanks for your comments and suggestions @Son of Arathorn @Dr.Goomonkey and @TheAverageFan !

Good call on including Nicholas E. I forgot that he did not have Life Drain, so now he is included. It makes sense you would want to keep him around so you can keep your Thralls going.

I agree that Cyprien doesn't need a lot of help -- I thought it would be interesting to sink more of the "cost" of the power into 2 lost turns rather than points. I have several other vampires who could also benefit from turning into a swarm of pesky bats and flying away at the opportune moment!

I have a similar card in the works for the Queen of the Mummies:

Last edited by IshMEL; May 6th, 2017 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Updated card
Old April 5th, 2017, 01:48 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

I can definitely see myself including the Bat Swarm at certain point totals or in certain builds. Could definitely tip the balance, I just don't see it as an A+ go-to option (which is probably good, don't want it to outclass anything).

That Scarab Swarm is terrifying. I can just imagine slaying Sudema with Crixus and then losing him on the next turn to the Flesh-Eaters power.
Old April 5th, 2017, 03:33 PM

I quite like the Scarab Swarm. Gives Sudema a bit more of a dangerous edge other than Stare of Stone.

~TAF

Old April 6th, 2017, 07:51 PM
On vacation...

Scarab Swarm is a bit more active than the Bat Swarm. Creeping Flesh-Eaters and Insect Swarm work beautifully thematically together as well, the first couple turns are going to be relentless.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old April 10th, 2017, 10:38 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: IshMEL's Customs: Updated 4/29/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
It's a pirate! On a motorcycle! Brandishing a cutlass!

Well, if that doesn't say "Heroscape" I don't know what does. Can't wait to see what you do with him.

As for your Bat Swarm, what happens to any wound markers already on the Undead hero's card?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards