Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old October 30th, 2022, 09:19 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: Tournament Map Feedback Thread

@RollinWithOlan , thanks for the feedback! I'm glad that Song of the Walrus played well for you. I love thinking of Death Chasers rushing the enemy's SZ and locking down Nilfheim on this map.
Old November 5th, 2022, 08:57 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Brief thoughts after playing 5 maps today at our monthly event:

Dralli: This map really choked up in my game. There's very little room to develop forwards out of the starting zones, and it led to an incredibly grindy game with little decision making. It really needs to be opened up some. The key issue seems to be how unsafe the level 3 is- if your opponent has the level 4, you basically can't go on level 3, and the game reduces down to just a couple engagements at a time. And there's not that much safe level 2 moving forwards either.

New Aloha: This version is definitely an improvement. I'm still not in love with the central rock outcrop (something I didn't love about Dralli either). Lateral movement is much improved, but it still feels really difficult to traverse towards the other side when playing melee into range, and the jungle just doesn't seem to help enough.

Thermal Shock: Not bad, but it could really use some smoothing out. The sides saw almost no play in my game or the games I saw. It's also a little snowball-y, as one-hill maps can get.

Vulcan Ridge: I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I really like the center, and I've already made some suggestions for improvement to Chris.

Water Treatment Facility: I'm still unsure on this one. It played well in my range v range game, and I know it played well in a melee v melee, but I'll need to try melee v range on it.

Also, some brief thoughts on the 5 Mad Wookiee maps I played last month:

Blindgate: Really cool concept, but PKs are very strong here. I think this map can really punish newer players in a not-so-great way. But I really enjoyed the experience.

Daedalus: I really like this map. I'm always scared by engaged SZs like this, but everyone seemed to really like it.

Grendel: It was hard to tell in my game, but the map might still be a little too snowball-y and bumpy. It's a large map, but it plays pretty well.

Kaltengeist: This map is the opposite of Grendel. Melee v melee would be brutal, but with lower figure counts, the map actually plays extremely well.

Mayberry: I had never tried this one, and I've heard some negative opinions of it. It was substantially better than I thought it would be, and I don't think it's nearly as boring as people make it out to be. Yes the hills are pretty strong, but there are some nice things going on near the sides as well. I wouldn't be upset to play this one again.

Last edited by OEAO; November 5th, 2022 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Expanded thoughts on Dralli
Old November 5th, 2022, 09:35 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

@OEAO , you are a master of capsule reviews. Nice.
Old November 5th, 2022, 10:01 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I appreciate the feedback on Dralli. Would be interested to hear more of your review in detail. I’m a little surprised by both comments as 1) I deliberately made sure there were no 1-hex choke points, so curious to know more about how that played out in your game(s), and if it is as more a result of the figures (ex rats, Raelin, range) or truly the map and 2) there are only 3 hexes in the SZ where a 5-move unit can’t get to lvl 2 in one turn of movement, so again curious to understand that comment.

Again thanks for the feedback.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 5th, 2022, 10:11 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I appreciate the feedback on Dralli. Would be interested to hear more of your review in detail. I’m a little surprised by both comments as 1) I deliberately made sure there were no 1-hex choke points, so curious to know more about how that played out in your game(s), and if it is as more a result of the figures (ex rats, Raelin, range) or truly the map and 2) there are only 3 hexes in the SZ where a 5-move unit can’t get to lvl 2 in one turn of movement, so again curious to understand that comment.

Again thanks for the feedback.
Sure. I played Romans into my dad's Dwarves/Q10. I developed up onto the level 2 landings (which notably are mostly to the sides, and not to the middle, which is where the action in melee v melee will happen), and used Valguard to create a little more safe space (I'm not willing to put figures under height when playing melee barring a very good reason, so I'll often use a figure to cap spaces to create pseudo-landings). My dad developed up similarly, and ended up claiming the level 4 to my right, and clogging up the level 4 to the left. I couldn't effectively flank the right due to the warehouse and the bush (it's not worth giving up activations to do that with Romans), so we hit back and forth on that right side for a little bit. Eventually we just started making some questionable moves to progress the game faster, as 2-3 attacks per turn was taking forever. I was surprised it clogged like it did too, but it happened pretty much immediately, and the rest of the game was a slog.
Old November 6th, 2022, 12:14 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

That’s good to know. Thanks for the additional detail

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old November 12th, 2022, 11:38 PM

@boromir96 @briaka @vegietarian18

For those of you that played on Dralli and Coathland…would appreciate some feedback

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old November 15th, 2022, 05:05 PM

Stonework by @Sheep

Overall fine. Played 2 games on it and the 2 things I had issue with:

1) development out of the start zone. 5-movers aren’t too bad, 6 have a strong advantage, 4 get toasted.
2) the 1-hex waters on the side. Maybe try and shift the lower levels to avoid it, it’s just tacky and distracting.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old November 21st, 2022, 07:13 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Wanted to throw in some thoughts after our Utah event last Saturday. For context, we were playing a Dungeon Defender format (where you can destroy your opponent's crystal to win the game), and I was running Kato Katsuro, Ashigaru Yari x3, Ashigaru Harquebus x2, and Erevan Sunshadow (Delta pricing).

Aftermath: This game was hard to get good feedback off of as it was quick and dirty due to me having a strong matchup (ranged commons v Einar Imperium). It felt solid overall and I liked the road pathing, I just need more games on it.

Mid-Summer: I think development on this map is better if you're in the left half of the start zone compared to the right half, and I ended up threading most of my units that way since going right was a losing battle for me.

Frostmire: I haven't actually played this map a bunch, but I think it has had a lot of feedback on it, and I don't know that I have a ton new to add. It's solid and I like using it for monthly events, though I've felt real estate in places to set up and pathing have been tight in my experience. I think the Dungeon Defender format actually hurt this map more because of the big center push those games tend to have. But also I was taking turns with two 4-man squads at a time so there's that.

Dark Fulcrum: This was my favorite map I played on during the event. Fulcrum is already an excellent map, and this version builds a lot into the gameplay. The shadow defense bonuses are really nice to have, and I liked the extra paths onto the hills. The 3-hex outside the right of the start zone was still a power position, but it felt less dominating and approachable in this version.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old November 21st, 2022, 07:41 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Frostmire: I haven't actually played this map a bunch, but I think it has had a lot of feedback on it, and I don't know that I have a ton new to add. It's solid and I like using it for monthly events, though I've felt real estate in places to set up and pathing have been tight in my experience. I think the Dungeon Defender format actually hurt this map more because of the big center push those games tend to have. But also I was taking turns with two 4-man squads at a time so there's that.
@OEAO have me some great suggestions that will be implemented soonish on Frostmire. I do like it as is, but it needs to be opened up just a touch - and the dungeon defenders format certainly aggravated that weakness I'm sure.

Thanks so much for the feedback!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old December 7th, 2022, 08:38 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

EDIT: deleted message I mistakenly confused 2 maps.

Old December 7th, 2022, 08:44 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
I played this one a while ago in a Quahon+Sujoah+spiders vs TKN+SBN+Nabgrubs machup.
I lost of course cause Quahon is OP. Actually it was |that| kind of game, Sujoah did OS TKN with sting, then SBN proceeded to OS Sujoah. So it was SBN+grubs vs Quahon+spiders very early on. I managed to keep only one Nab next to SBN at a time to limit LB. SBN got caught by spiders, had to triple disengage to hit Quahon. Got 1 or 2 attacks of before dying and it was the end of the game.

Map seemed very good to me, melee vs range machup felt surprisingly good for that big of a map without road.
Quahon did use the Hive perch and it was kinda hard to break into that, but not that easy for the spider to protect her (lots of adjacent spaces).
I liked it.
Great feedback, thanks! I didn't realize this map was being used by anyone but Colorado events.

When you say the hive perch do you mean one of the 3-hex rows on level 2 that stick out below the hive by the start zone and towards the middle of the map?

Edit: oh well, thanks for giving feedback for whatever map that was

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios