Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old October 13th, 2022, 09:12 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurrig View Post
Just processed that KV3 has range 4 attack 5, might be stating the obvious but... potentially the strongest confirmed ranged hero?
Definitely the strongest. To the point I'm skeptical he will have those stats at release. He almost certainly won't have that point value if he does.
Do you really it’s that strong? I was thinking the range itself plus low defense would have to get him into trouble after a couple potshots or so
Old October 13th, 2022, 09:16 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
Just processed that KV3 has range 4 attack 5, might be stating the obvious but... potentially the strongest confirmed ranged hero?
Definitely the strongest. To the point I'm skeptical he will have those stats at release. He almost certainly won't have that point value if he does.
Do you really it’s that strong? I was thinking the range itself plus low defense would have to get him into trouble after a couple potshots or so
The thing about strong single attacks is it's still only one attack against squads. You can only kill a squad figure so much.

Should be a decent weapon against Q9 and Raelin types, since you can get around screens a bit more easily than melee attack 6 types.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 13th, 2022, 09:19 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Fully agree. My experience with the Master of the universe game (2 mill), recent monsterpocolopse (1.3) and street fighter game (2 mill) - all of which had an entry point and a much much higher all in, were also all non-stop hype and stretch release.

But look at those totals, all are recognizable IP and have dedicated fans. For a 250$ pledge you are getting a very nice set of terrain here, and I'd argue all day amazing figures.

I suppose we have been spoiled by KS at this point. I really, really hope to see this funded, and I believe everyone is doing what they can within the business constraints provided. No one s sitting on their thumbs or giving up with a month to go.

I believe this has been a crazy rollercoaster.

Heroscape is cancelled, this is horrible - maybe.
Heroscape is coming back - maybe.
The minis are unpainted - maybe
The minis are awesome - maybe
I don't like that faction, where are the historical units - maybe
Drake! Solen! Raelin! - maybe
- they are doing a haslab instead of retail - maybe
- it will get funded right away - maybe
- it didn't get funded right away - maybe
- it's steadily getting funded - maybe
- the funding slowed - maybe

My point is there is a lot happening and if you tie your emotions to a game you are at the mercy of the world. It the end it might not fund at that will seem horrible, but then they might tweak it to be better, or you could personally find that is for the best as you need the money more.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old October 13th, 2022, 09:21 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

For my comments on and more discussion about Killian Vane, our first revealed card, see here:

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...42#post2541242
Old October 13th, 2022, 09:28 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
My point is there is a lot happening and if you tie your emotions to a game you are at the mercy of the world. It the end it might not fund at that will seem horrible, but then they might tweak it to be better, or you could personally find that is for the best as you need the money more.
This is kind of where I’ve landed. I’m happy with what I have. If they’re not offering something I want I’m under no obligation to feel responsible to have to buy it in order to save the game.

If it funds, that’s awesome! More scape for years to come hopefully. If it doesn’t, that’s ok. The game still exists and I can keep playing with what I have for years to come.
Old October 13th, 2022, 09:55 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Yeah its not like we are talking about government policy, religion or such weighty topics. I think the criticism falls into 2 camps

1. I have honest suggestions on what I've seen other companies do and I want to help make the game a reality. This amounts to baseball fans yelling at the players and coaches or making drafting recommendations to GMs. There's not much we can do, but we want to help. Of course most of our suggestions simply won't work since we don't have all the information, similar to why coaches don't pull a pitcher just because he gets boo,d.

2. You are not making the product I want (for the price I would pay). This is pointless and entitled. People might be masquerading under the statement that what they want or the price they want it at would sell better, but again we lack the facts to understand the decisions, or simply this is the product the IP owner wants/believes in.

I have no problem with either group as long as they stay civil, since people can get frustrated and want to vent. Quite frankly the numbers worry me and I want to make them higher, but I recognize this is not my campaign so all I can do is watch, pledge what I can and maybe let a few people know about it who might be interested.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old October 13th, 2022, 10:11 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Yeah its not like we are talking about government policy, religion or such weighty topics. I think the criticism falls into 2 camps

1. I have honest suggestions on what I've seen other companies do and I want to help make the game a reality. This amounts to baseball fans yelling at the players and coaches or making drafting recommendations to GMs. There's not much we can do, but we want to help. Of course most of our suggestions simply won't work since we don't have all the information, similar to why coaches don't pull a pitcher just because he gets boo,d.

2. You are not making the product I want (for the price I would pay). This is pointless and entitled. People might be masquerading under the statement that what they want or the price they want it at would sell better, but again we lack the facts to understand the decisions, or simply this is the product the IP owner wants/believes in.

I have no problem with either group as long as they stay civil, since people can get frustrated and want to vent. Quite frankly the numbers worry me and I want to make them higher, but I recognize this is not my campaign so all I can do is watch, pledge what I can and maybe let a few people know about it who might be interested.
I really don't care for group 2 when they feel the need to trumpet it & constantly repeat it. Lots of us are really excited about AoA, if you don't want it just move on and keep collecting OG scape. Let those who are excited share their excitement with one another and if the product isn't something you care for, move on. Group 1, people who do want AoA but see ways this is being mismanaged are imo different.
Old October 13th, 2022, 10:20 AM

FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby! FrankensteinsMonster rolls all skulls baby!

I completely agree that their are upper level decisions being made based off spreadsheets and not consumer wishes. I was just offering up some ways that this could provide more options and additional funding at minimal extra production cost to the company. Shipping logistics wouldn’t be too difficult as warehouse personnel are awesome at their jobs and the variety may actually breakup the monotony of the same box in a box, over and over again.

Still wishfully thinking in hopes to help the campaign.
Old October 13th, 2022, 10:25 AM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Quote:

I really don't care for group 2 when they feel the need to trumpet it & constantly repeat it. Lots of us are really excited about AoA, if you don't want it just move on and keep collecting OG scape. Let those who are excited share their excitement with one another and if the product isn't something you care for, move on. Group 1, people who do want AoA but see ways this is being mismanaged are imo different.
I don’t know that everyone in this group 2 should be labeled as entitled or excessively negative. I believe there are some who genuinely like what they see and are excited about the return but who are legitimately priced out of being able to participate.

At the end of the day it’s luxury purchase and something you won’t have in your hands for a year from now. It can be hard to sit on the sidelines and hope it works with only the hope of cheaper releases later.

Maybe that’s a minority. Miniatures games in general demand a level of financial commitment, but that’s part of the accessibility that Heroscape always had that’s certainly lacking here.
Old October 13th, 2022, 10:46 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:

I think group 2 gets louder because of one of two groups of excited backers.

Group 1 is those who backed and are generally excited and supportive about the whole thing and talk about what they like about the offering.

Group 2 are those who feel the need to frequently remind the community that this is "all or nothing" and "our only chance" and imply that everyone who reads it should feel some deep personal responsibility for bringing the game back.

I think Group 2 of excited backers and Group 2 of critics tend to play off of each other in a cycle of toxicity.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 13th, 2022, 12:12 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I think group 2 gets louder because of one of two groups of excited backers.

Group 1 is those who backed and are generally excited and supportive about the whole thing and talk about what they like about the offering.

Group 2 are those who feel the need to frequently remind the community that this is "all or nothing" and "our only chance" and imply that everyone who reads it should feel some deep personal responsibility for bringing the game back.

I think Group 2 of excited backers and Group 2 of critics tend to play off of each other in a cycle of toxicity.
100% agree. I was a bit of a "Group 2 excited backer" when things first dropped but I've mellowed out quite a bit as I've come to my senses
Old October 13th, 2022, 12:38 PM

As Tom Vassel's crew mentions in passing in that review video, that type of thing definitely just pushes people away.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion