Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old October 11th, 2022, 11:59 AM
I'm Feeling Inspired To Play Some Gladiators

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Wildwood Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodaciousBlood View Post
I wrote a report on army archetypes for the Wildwood faction in the Wildwood Monarch thread. Check that out!

I think there is a point of diminishing returns when it comes to the wildwoods. More is not necessarily better. I run a “light version” of the wildwoods with success. Monarch, 1 sentinel, 3 runners. Then fill with range.

In a 1,000 point game, I would probably cap myself at the traditional 500-ish point army of:

Monarch
Sentinel x2
Runners x 4 or 5

Then I would fill the rest of the army with toolbox squads or heroes. Range, for sure, like in the light version. Perhaps even a tie-down screening squad like Deathreavers.

All of this to say. I don’t think one would ever need to really run more than 1 monarch (duh), 2 sentinels, and 5 runners no matter the point totals.
Thanks! My 200 points of range post was based on your write up rather than my own actual experience. So glad to hear it from the source himself!

Of the top of my head this was the army I came up with

Cyprien Esenwein
Isamu
Kaemon Awa
Krav Maga Agents
Marcu Esenwein
Marro Warriors
Sonya Esenwein
Wildwood Monarch
Wildwood Runner x4
Wildwood Sentinel x2

Cyprien can fly ahead and clear out whatever will be particularly annoying to the wildwoods. Ofc the budget version is PKs but it's 1000 points! I'm going all in with Cyprien. Then you've got the core wildwood army backed by the range flexibility of Krav & Kaemon. And of course, once the wildwoods are done respawning (if ever) marro warriors are right there to clean up.

A potentially even more annoying version of the same army would be
Cyprien Esenwein
Isamu
Krav Maga Agents
Marcu Esenwein
Marro Warriors
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (RoTV)
Sonya Esenwein
Wildwood Monarch
Wildwood Runner x5
Wildwood Sentinel x2

Kaemon was redundant in the other army, Raelin here makes the Krav even more annoying and makes the trees even harder to kill. I'd consider dropping the 5th runner for Theracus given that he can help the wildwoods develop all the way to the front of the board (or retreat all the way to the back) by taking a sentinel on his back.

Looks solid! I dig it. I always have bad luck with Cyprien haha. So I’d lean toward the PK’s. Cyprien is devastatingly good! Just not in my hands haha
Old October 11th, 2022, 12:02 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Wildwood Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodaciousBlood View Post
Looks solid! I dig it. I always have bad luck with Cyprien haha. So I’d lean toward the PK’s. Cyprien is devastatingly good! Just not in my hands haha
Cyprien is my favorite hero, always has been

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs