Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 15th, 2020, 04:57 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Jamie Madrox (Public Testing)

I'd try the current before making any changes that drastic.
Old March 15th, 2020, 05:19 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Strong Guy 215
Madrox 90
Multiple Men x7 210
Wolfsbane 130
Sage 190
Blob 165.........1000 points

R1, Sage boosts the Multiple Men and Blob moves out to engage or bottleneck. R2+, just drop all OM' on Wolfsbane/Madrox/Strong Guy/Multiple Men and you'll be pretty efficient. With Multiple Man being a common card that keeps reproducing, he's a pretty safe place to put OM3 every round. OM1 & 2 on Wolfbane & Strong Guy, then Strong Guy & Madrox once Wolfsbane goes down. How is Sage's OM power being lost really hurting you? I love OM efficiency powers, I'm just not seeing how it's really needed here in this army as it's already incredibly OM efficient all on it's own. Once Madrox gets put down, Sage's OM power kicks back into gear should you need it. The play testers mentioned the 3 attacks of 4+ per OM being really good, nothing is changing in that regard.
Old March 15th, 2020, 05:55 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

The biggest help was the OM safetrack net. It let me just shift OMs from a destroyed Investigator/Bruiser to another. It allowed me to safely pile all OMs on 1 figure even if they might die soon. This removes that safety net making it trickier to pull something like that off without careful planning and play like spreading out your OMs among Investigators/Bruisers and moving one on each OM.
Old March 15th, 2020, 06:08 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, playing Sage means never finding out you have an OM in the wrong place.

It's not directly what people are finding strong about the design, but indirectly, it's what's letting the Sage/Madrox team always make good decisions.

You're right that taking it away isn't attacking the problem directly, and it might not be enough. But a big part of why I'm interested in taking it for a spin is that if it's enough to take the edge off the Sage combo and make that strong-but-not-OP while still keeping him playable without Sage, that looks like a big win to me.

Most of the other solutions we've talked about hurt him without Sage, as well as with Sage.

I've got some other games to run first and I'll probably want to try out whatever we land on for myself, so we can still talk through the other options, though. Not trying to shut down conversation in that direction. Public design poll is still quite a ways out from wrapping, so we're not holding anything up there!
Old March 15th, 2020, 07:31 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Do you want me to try to run the games, or are you interested in running them yourself?
Old March 15th, 2020, 07:54 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Do you want me to try to run the games, or are you interested in running them yourself?
I'll probably want to hit him myself, but I was gonna give the conversation a little more time to play out here. Feel free to move on to other things in the meanwhile!
Old March 16th, 2020, 01:51 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'm willing to let the play tests show me different, it just doesn't look like much of a change on paper to me.

Just a FYI, the earlier comment about her still doing her thing by moving the X was in reference to an unrevealed X, not a revealed one. In later rounds you can still drop the X on her, then move it to a Mutant Investigator/Bruiser card when you want to take a turn with one. So she still can give you a little bit of OM protection for OM1.

Drop OM1 on a 1 life Strong Guy, the X on Sage, 2 & 3 on Madrox. Try to win initiative, if you do, move the X to Strong Guy and attack. If you lose initiative, Strong Guy gets attacked, if he survives, move the X to Strong Guy and attack. If he gets KO'ed, move the 1 & X to Madrox and attack.

In that army idea I posted with Blob, you can also use OM1 to move Blob around to engage, the X on Sage, then move the X before OM2 reveal to protect the OMs up until that point.
Old March 16th, 2020, 04:46 PM
Symbiotic

Ah, gotcha, I misunderstood and thought your X strategy was to use it for Sage's power boost and then move it. (Which would be a no-go)

Since there's some interest in pursuing the direction, I'll plan on running some games in the next couple days with the OM tweak. If the Sage/Madrox build is still looking a little stacked, we'll pivot from there (different change, different tester).
Old March 20th, 2020, 12:07 PM
Symbiotic

Didn't forget about this guy. Pandemic life has just been gettin' me down a little bit. I'll hit him tonight or tomorrow.
Old March 20th, 2020, 12:40 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Heh, I did. I may hit him up. Always liked MM.
Old March 20th, 2020, 01:59 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Didn't forget about this guy. Pandemic life has just been gettin' me down a little bit. I'll hit him tonight or tomorrow.
I hear ya. I was getting a bit down yesterday, but I think I'm rebounding. Hang in there, folks!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 25th, 2020, 11:13 PM
Symbiotic

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Jamie Madrox

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Madrox @90, Multiple Man x7, Strong Guy, Siryn, Sage, Jubilee (905) vs Professor X, Beast, Jean Grey, Angel (Warren), Blink, Armor (905)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Madrox @90, Multiple Man x7, Strong Guy, Siryn, Sage, Jubilee (905) vs Professor X, Beast, Jean Grey, Angel (Warren), Blink, Armor (905)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Maybe still worth getting a couple more games against a different kind of army if we want to really be completely certain that we've dotted our i's and crossed our t's, but I feel pretty good about the Madrox/Sage combo no longer being super juiced.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library