Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old January 4th, 2010, 06:00 PM
math olympian

mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape matchup calculator (1-3-10 update - D&D, Wave

I just uploaded an updated beta version that now has the new "Fire Blast 2 then 4" strategy, versus squads, where you use Fire Blast 2 until the enemy is down to one full squad or less.
Old January 4th, 2010, 07:42 PM
math olympian

mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathguy View Post
I just uploaded an updated beta version that now has the new "Fire Blast 2 then 4" strategy, versus squads, where you use Fire Blast 2 until the enemy is down to one full squad or less.
Okay, I made another fix to the program that fixes Fire Blast.
(My lazy mistake was that I used the Maul/LethalSting subroutine to check whether all skulls were rolled and forgot that those subroutines automatically did not roll defense dice when all skulls were rolled. - D'oh!) This did not affect calculations where the defense was 0 or 1.
So hopefully everything is working now.
Old January 4th, 2010, 08:04 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Are you sure you've got the Feral Troll's "Blood Frenzy 3" working properly? I'm getting some very favorable results for him; much more favorable than I was getting with my simulation engine.
It turns out that I had a simple typo that the drop down menu gave the Feral Troll 4 defense instead of 1. Yikes. It is now fixed.
The numbers output by the matchup calculator are like 1-5% off from yours. I suppose some of this can be explained by initiative rolls. As we know, for powers like Wounded Attack, timing at the switch of rounds can be crucial. I did double check the implementation of Regenerate and Blood Frenzy and they seem correct.

I'm sure you're right that the defense was the issue, not Blood Frenzy. I was just taking a wild guess about what the issue could be.

You're absolutely right that initiative switches can have a huge impact for a figure like the Feral Troll; specifically, the Feral Troll benefits from properly modeling initiative because the "lose first round initiative, win second round initiative" scenario allows the frenzied Troll to get an extra round of attacks in. At the time I was doing those simulations, I was trying to prove the point that the Feral Troll wins a lot of 1-on-1 matchups, so I wasn't too concerned about slightly underestimating its prowess. (Also, I'm lazy. )
Old February 13th, 2010, 03:42 PM
math olympian

D'oh, in a recent game when someone played the Feral Troll for the first time in my gaming group, it was discovered that I had been reading the Feral Troll card wrong. I had thought Blood Frenzy was a Krug-like power; but the Feral Troll gets extra attack dice for wounds on the defender's card as opposed to its own card. Sorry about that. Well, it is fixed now. But any Feral Troll calculations done before today would be incorrect.
Old February 13th, 2010, 03:44 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That's ok, that's how I played it the first time too. Your shame is just more public.

Wait, now mine is too.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old February 13th, 2010, 03:50 PM
math olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
That's ok, that's how I played it the first time too. Your shame is just more public.

Wait, now mine is too.
LoL - But I actually never played it wrong. I only theoryscaped it wrong. (I am sure there are others who have read this card wrong too.)
Old February 13th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post

Wait, now mine is too.
LoL - But I actually never played it wrong. I only theoryscaped it wrong. (I am sure there are others who have read this card wrong too.)
I did the exact same thing when entering the data into my price calculator. Great minds think alike, fools seldom differ.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old May 15th, 2010, 12:15 AM
math olympian

Re: Heroscape matchup calculator (5-14-10 update)

I have finally implemented all the new abilities from D1 into the calculator (and an old one too - Engagement Strike).
And I have made a new interface that displays explanations of abilities in text bubbles as you mouse over the abilities.
See the first page for the link.
Enjoy!

(Yay that I got this done now that the semester is over.)
Old May 15th, 2010, 02:14 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks Mathguy! The match up calculator rules.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old May 18th, 2010, 12:04 AM

mrkurtb knows what's in an order marker mrkurtb knows what's in an order marker

Love the matchup calculator. Thanks mathguy.

Drizzt Do'Urden and Guenhwyvar keep on giving.
I recommend everyone try Darth Vader's Massivescape suggestions.

Last edited by mrkurtb; May 18th, 2010 at 12:10 AM.
Old June 19th, 2010, 06:03 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
The links are not working!!!
Old June 21st, 2010, 07:47 PM
math olympian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
The links are not working!!!
I think that was caused by a power outage (technically a brown out). But as you probably already know, it is up again.

(Edit: Hey, this is my [[100*pi]]-th post.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software