Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old August 16th, 2020, 12:47 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

I wasnt planning it but a bunch of my family came out to my house to celebrate my birthday today. We played a game of rum and bones second tide with me and 3 of my brothers. Me and my one brother played the undead pirate crew vs my other two brothers using davy jones crew of sea monster esk characters. It was a fun game with me and my one brother ultimately losing. I need to double down and paint the rest of my prirates. Only 3 crews and some 10 add on boxes to go to complete that game.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 16th, 2020, 07:44 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Happy Birthday
Old August 16th, 2020, 08:25 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Happy Birthday @TREX !

And getting some gaming in makes it all the better

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 16th, 2020, 02:44 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Thanks guys. It was a great time and a good birthday as far as birthdays go. Always fun to get some games in.

Old August 16th, 2020, 05:52 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Happy birthday, @TREX !!!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old August 16th, 2020, 05:57 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post

+1!
Old August 16th, 2020, 09:39 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:

+1!
Thanks guys. 35 came up almost too fast.

Old August 16th, 2020, 10:31 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:

+1!
Thanks guys. 35 came up almost too fast.
Young man.

53 will come quick too. Enjoy your 30's

Old August 21st, 2020, 12:47 AM
"like" happy

After having such a great time playing my last grand army legion game. Myself and one brother that played want to do another one. I was eager to try my hand at the grand army of the republic and made a sinister/yet fun looking build. With enough arc troopers printed Im able to run multiple strike teams and tons of clones. I honestly can not wait. My brother will be sending me his list to put together to have it ready for tomorrow after work. I put my list together without knowing what he will run. He has pretty much no limitations on whatever of the other 3 factions he decides to run and I havent the slightest idea of what Ill be fighting. We are doing grand army but will be using my coruscant board terrain on a 3x4 map. The multiple levels of the coruscant board terrain really increase the map size even with the smaller bottom level foot print. I will post pics for sure. @Hahma , great paint jobs on your iden and id10. I rushed mine and plan on going back to touch mine up a little. I wasnt impressed with my rush job on her. Very excited to play another grand army game. Im very much looking forward to getting the 2nd edition frostgrave now that it is out whenever I decide to hunt for my copy. I did something the other day that surprised me. I cancelled my latest kickstarter massive darkness 2. I decided that I just didnt need another massive pile of plastic to paint. There were quite a few great minis in the kickstarter but also a ton that I really didnt care for. That being said, I decided to pass on it. The rules fixes for it didnt really look streamlined like I was hoping for and the theme wasnt to my taste. This ended up being a good thing making it easier to pass on. I really do have plenty of plastic to keep me busy painting.

HEROSCAPE LEGIONS
Ive also been putting some very neat ideas together for my best heroscape variant yet. (In my opinion) I took a page from star wars legion, as I often do use mechanics from games I enjoy. Basically I start with my Gridless heroscape rules. These have been tested and have shown themselves to be quite fun and work great. Next I add tokens for each squad. A common token for each common squad or common hero and a unique token for each unique hero or unique squad. The order markers are still placed on their respective cards to enable abilities and are similar to giving out orders in legion. The exception here is that each unit only takes one turn per round. The figures with order markers have their tokens readied up next to them and the rest are pulled from a bag. Each unit takes a turn one at a time. Common units will be differentiated by a marking on the lip of their base. Common squads will also be tied by a cohesion similar to legions with a range of two heroscape spaces. They will still make all of their attacks separately but will be close to one another to be more easily tracked. This is also to help mitigate the strength of commons in Heroscape making the heroes stand out a little better. With all units getting to take one turn each round it will help those characters not worth an order marker to once again be considered. I have all the details set for bonding squads and other scenarios already thought out and will post them once I finish the pdf. This format opens the possibilities up for more types of units to play in heroscape. Dragons can be a little more crazy or a squad can have more figures than the average. Playing it gridless means you can make huge characters. Finding a point cost for these customs wouldnt have to be nearly as tested to be balanced because all figures only get one turn each round. C3g figures would more easily be played with when mixing with classic scape. Im very excited about this latest variant and will post pics when we play it. It should be very fun. I look forward to you guys thoughts on it.

Old August 21st, 2020, 08:42 AM
Prickly Cactus

Sounds like that will be fun and interesting to play such a large number of point armies on that board. Looking forward to pictures.

Thanks regarding Iden. I'll have to post those pictures here.

Old August 21st, 2020, 08:56 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Interesting. That is very much how Battletech works.
The only caution I have there is that the side with more tokens gets more actions/attacks.

So if you only have a few expensive units you are getting fewer turns than a build with a bunch of cheap units. This is a strategy I used in Battletech that I dubbed The Swarm.
Old August 21st, 2020, 09:14 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Interesting. That is very much how Battletech works.
The only caution I have there is that the side with more tokens gets more actions/attacks.

So if you only have a few expensive units you are getting fewer turns than a build with a bunch of cheap units. This is a strategy I used in Battletech that I dubbed The Swarm.
In competitive games of Legion lists seem to generally lean towards high activation armies. Each unit has an activation marker, so the more units you have, the more activations you'll have each round. In Legion, like othet miniatures games, there are various costs for units. But you also have upgrade cards that can make a unit better, but they cost points as well. So you can have some beefy units in your army, but now you will have fewer activations than someone showing up with a bunch of cheap units, and many of them naked (no upgrades).

There are also some units that just won't see play in competitive games, because they are very high priced and/or they are vehicles that can't capture objectives, which is generally the way you get visitors.

I prefer to play casual games where I can build what I want and if I win, fine, but if i lose thats fine too. The point in playing tabletop miniatures games for me is to get immersed in the theme and narrative.

At least they have come up with some cool scenarios that are more for casual players, which I appreciate.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures