Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Notices

View Poll Results: Which map is the BEST?!
Primaerskog 3 9.68%
The Sinking Runnel 1 3.23%
Marro Thaw 1 3.23%
Wo-Sa-Ga's Quarry 2 6.45%
Mountain Pass 3 9.68%
April 1 3.23%
Halcyon 9 29.03%
Volcarren Paradise 4 12.90%
Jungle Fire 0 0%
Savage Corridor 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 3rd, 2017, 04:56 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Map Building Contest: The Wilds of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoboy View Post
Submission two:

This is a different build from any that I have ever done. Its slightly asymmetrical, which still is giving me headaches. I think its balanced. My melee army beat a Stinger build, so I'm hoping it is balanced. So here it is: Marro Thaw.

(Ok, Ill have to work again at home.....)
There's no image or anything here as far as I can tell....
Old February 3rd, 2017, 05:03 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here is my submission:

Slowy Snopes

I'm sure you'll want to get a better picture of it, here's the like to the file.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old February 3rd, 2017, 06:07 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

That other post was edited. Thanks for your patience.

I'm one of those people who build the maps first, then reverse-engineer them starting at the top to put them into Virtualscape. I had a heck of a time with this map, as I consistently switched tabs between the Snow, Road, Swarm and Base terrain.

Also, I want to thank Sir Heroscape for rekindling my affection for map sharing. Now maybe I'll be inspired to share pics from Heroscape Club or even get back to vids with Canuck.

Last edited by legoboy; February 3rd, 2017 at 07:21 PM.
Old February 3rd, 2017, 06:51 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Avoid putting Power glyphs on lava terrain
Why do you think this is a bad idea? It can actually be an excellent way to balance strong glyphs or relatively strong glyph positions.
I put it under Tips and used Avoid to indicate that it's not a set requirement. As judges we talked about some of these things. And though some of the tips aren't illegal to do (such as placing glyphs within a single movement of a character out of the startzone), there are definite decisions that make maps less competitive (in our eyes). For me at least, glyphs on lava is one of them. In the games I've played with glyphs on lava, it's never been worth the risk to hold them, even if it is at the end of the round that the lava activates. I'm not saying it will disqualify a map, because there are some great map makers here that could probably do well to take on a challenge such as this...it's just that competitively I don't see a place for it. That's my personal opinion (which could be subject to change with time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
Here is my submission:

Slowy Snopes

I'm sure you'll want to get a better picture of it, here's the like to the file.
Well done! Glad you had time to submit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoboy View Post
Submission two:

This is a different build from any that I have ever done. Its slightly asymmetrical, which still is giving me headaches. I think its balanced. My melee army beat a Stinger build, so I'm hoping it is balanced. So here it is: Marro Thaw.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...lRRNzhWZnBkV3c

ooo....very intriguing map.
You've inspired me to write a backstory for you for that map...feel free to use it if you'd like
"The Marro hive was frozen over the winter; dormant; hibernating...but the melting snow begins to reveal the pulsing mass of flesh awakening."

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 3rd, 2017, 07:15 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Why do you think this is a bad idea? It can actually be an excellent way to balance strong glyphs or relatively strong glyph positions.
I put it under Tips and used Avoid to indicate that it's not a set requirement. As judges we talked about some of these things. And though some of the tips aren't illegal to do (such as placing glyphs within a single movement of a character out of the startzone), there are definite decisions that make maps less competitive (in our eyes). For me at least, glyphs on lava is one of them. In the games I've played with glyphs on lava, it's never been worth the risk to hold them, even if it is at the end of the round that the lava activates. I'm not saying it will disqualify a map, because there are some great map makers here that could probably do well to take on a challenge such as this...it's just that competitively I don't see a place for it. That's my personal opinion (which could be subject to change with time).
Just to throw in a couple cents no one asked for, I've designed and played on plenty of maps with glyphs on lava, and it's honestly one of my favorite aspects of lava terrain. It makes glyph-centered decisions making and risk taking more exciting, and makes glyph holding more fluid because it's more likely to change between players and less likely for one player to just hunker down on a glyph.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old February 3rd, 2017, 07:18 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
When a map is built for it, it works quite well. Also, obviously, the strength of the glyph matters. You're not often going to want to risk lava damage for initiative, but attack +1 will merit either risking wounds or spending activations to hop on/hop off quite often.

Lava field glyphs also advantage using multi-life heroes, or lava resistant figures, or figures that have unusual movement powers like zombies or GGs. I like this more than advantaging Deathreavers.
Old February 3rd, 2017, 09:32 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Life has gotten in the way of this contest for me. I look forward to seeing the collected submissions, though.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 3rd, 2017, 11:14 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Good points @dok and @BiggaBullfrog , though I think experience will have to teach me what you've said. Im beginning to see the theoretical merit of glyphs on lava, but time will tell for me. Either way, I appreciate the comments.
@NecroBlade , life happens...we'll catch you in our next one.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 4th, 2017, 10:02 AM

Submissions are in!!!

We will be scoring each map according to the rubric in the OP, and the Top 10 will be posted no later than Tuesday of next week (but we'll try to get them done ASAP...right @TREX and @Tiranx ? )

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 4th, 2017, 10:18 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Sir Heroscape , I'm back to work today from being sick. Now that I'm feeling half alive I'm going to finish up the prize tower when I get home, then I'll throw down on judging the maps. Thanks all you guys that put in submissions, the maps I got to take a glance at so far look pretty cool.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 4th, 2017, 10:31 AM

MAP ENTRIES (15)

Superfrog’s submissions:
Chaos & Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
Spoiler Alert!

Nomad’s Submission: Savage Corridor
Spoiler Alert!

Robber’s Submission: Volcarren Paradise
Spoiler Alert!

Master4sword’s Submissions: Wo-Sa-Ga’s Quarry & Blazing Outpost
Spoiler Alert!

Capsocrates Submission: Halcyon
Spoiler Alert!

Legoboy’s Submissions: Primærskog & Marro Thaw
Spoiler Alert!

Simval’s Submission: The Sinking Runnel & Infected Pass
Spoiler Alert!

BiggaBullfrog’s Submission: April
Spoiler Alert!

TheEpicAlpaca’s Submission: Jungle Fire
Spoiler Alert!

Yodaking’s Submission: Mountain Pass
Spoiler Alert!

Dr.Goomonkey’s Submission: Slowly Snopes
Spoiler Alert!

I'm adding this to the OP. That way it'll be easy for us ( @TREX and @Tiranx ) to access all the entries when judging them. As well it'll be convenient for those participating.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old February 4th, 2017, 12:08 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Submissions are in!!!

We will be scoring each map according to the rubric in the OP, and the Top 10 will be posted no later than Tuesday of next week (but we'll try to get them done ASAP...right @TREX and @Tiranx ? )

Sounds like a plan.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games