Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old July 28th, 2016, 08:49 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Who's You'r Favorite Ranged Character?

I am known for stingers, so I will start with - I love me some stingers.

I 2 am a ranged guy by choice

the roman archers - yep I said it, get 16 or 20 of them and have a 6 attack it's a bummer when you only roll 2 skulls, but when 4 or 5 show up - blissful sigh , they need raelin for sure

the elf archers with mittens of course ( but I love the frenzy )

the airborn elite - are pretty friggin awesome also

all the dragons - but Braxas is pretty devastating ( with the Greenscale warriors and you got something amazing right there - Dragon Bonding )

I am lucky in the sense I have played so much I play dozens of game with every unit trying to see it's strengths and weaknesses, well I use to anyways, he he

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old June 10th, 2017, 02:14 PM

Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker

Where to begin...
Syvaris and Kaemon Awa are classics, of course, though the elf's ability to double attack even at the limit of his range elevates him slightly above the samurai in my eyes. Of course, Awa compensates with better melee survivability.
Deathwalkers 9K and 8K are both decently ranged squad-killing machines, though 9K is dependent on having them clustered together.
And finally, I'm honestly a bit surprised at the lack of love for the Airborne Elite. 8 range, 3 attack, and the ability to parachute right onto height? Just make sure you have a counter for Cyprien and/or Sgt. Drake (their two biggest nemeses in Classic 'Scape, at least in my experience) and you're set.
Old July 3rd, 2017, 07:26 PM

sam268 is surprisingly tart

1. Arrow Gruts: It is so easy to pass them up when you see their measly 1 attack, but pair them with some swog riders, Grimnak/Tornak, get them to height, and they can be surprisingly deadly for their low cost.

2. Omnicron Snipers: Surprised this wasn't really said. Omnicrons are expensive, sure, and they have 1 attack as well. But get them a damage glyph, support from Taelord, and decent height, and they can rain some serious damage. I rarely have seen omnicrons perform poorly, and I always find myself challenged when facing them.

3. Protectors of Ullar: With flying and the ability to deal exponential damage over the course of a turn, protectors are excellent hero killers in my experience. And of course, they can usually just fly away when a powerful melee unit gets too close, making for a very frustrated opponent. You better hope you have some good range of your own if you are fighting them.
Old July 4th, 2017, 12:32 AM

universalflamez is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I don't have many sets, but with the games I've played with the sets I have, the Marro Warriors have never failed to be a solid pick for only 50 points.

Syvarris's range has proven strong in every game he's been played, but the game usually turns around when the player with the Marro Warriors starts decimating.
Old July 9th, 2017, 12:30 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam268 View Post
1. Arrow Gruts: It is so easy to pass them up when you see their measly 1 attack, but pair them with some swog riders, Grimnak/Tornak, get them to height, and they can be surprisingly deadly for their low cost.
Grimnak & Tornak only affect Orc Warriors which the Arrow Gruts are not.

They are Archers.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old July 9th, 2017, 09:45 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Zetacron.

Old July 9th, 2017, 11:31 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For nostalgia reasons, it's gotta be the original archer - Syvarris.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old July 26th, 2017, 11:51 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
When I think of Ranged figures, the first two that pop into my head are Archers:

Syvarris
The Elf Archer can be an amazing slayer with his 9-range, double-attack. Get him on height and start raining down arrows. He's fragile of course but you have to get through is threat range first.

Kaemon Awa
Quick Release for a solid double special attack is awesome and as special attacks can get around some defensive powers. And the counter strike is great for when the bad guys close in on you.

And I wouldn't underestimate Mimring. Range 8 fire-line! It can be played as a long range sniper or with a well-timed lunge it can wipe out multiple targets.
The first response is pretty spot on. The two archers are top notch, followed up by some dragons. Nilf is top notch with 3 attacks at range. Kind of surprised at the DED love, I have used him many times and never had much success. He pretty consistently misses for me and I end up feeling like I wasted an OM. For that same 60 points, I'd much rather draft Zetacron. 1 unblockable wound sounds sexy but double skulls often nets you multiple wounds for the same OM investment.
Old July 27th, 2017, 07:42 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You need new d20s.

Deadeye Dan is a legend.
Old July 27th, 2017, 01:07 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Maybe that is the problem for me. I don't often use the d20 power and instead try to use the 50/50 auto-wound power when I use him. Never been much of a fan of 5-10% auto destroy powers.
Old July 27th, 2017, 02:52 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I know it was all luck but he had an uncanny ability to slay dragons in our group regardless of who ran him.
Old August 2nd, 2017, 03:41 PM

Scaper464 has disabled reputation

I think Syvarris is the best. His attack is kind of low, but put him high up and he can get +2 attack dice. Also, he has double strike and a range of 9. Keep him far away and few will survive...

And though fate may trample me, into the fiery ground, no shriek of death nor fiery smoke can hinder me so... Stronger I shall rise up yet, in utter denialation of the inferior's reign
-Me

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles