Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 5th, 2006, 04:39 PM

pashadowops Woo who?
Hunt for Heroscape over Summer Vacation

So...I spent a week in Boston for my Summer vacation. My oldest daughter moved in for her second year at NEU. While we were there I figured what the heck let me check the local Wally Worlds, TRU's and Targets. Fortunately there was a Wally World five minutes from the motel we were staying at in Raynham, MA. That was our first victory right out of the gate. We scored Soulborgs from Thora's Vengence. Everything else was the usual sets. Next stop on the way to Boston was a Walmart in Braintree, MA. Score number two, we picked up Heros of Trollsford and Lawmen and Samurai the last two we needed to complete Zanafor's Discovery. Next were some assorted Walmarts and TRU's that had the usual Orm's, MS, Lava and RTTFF at regular price. Next stop was a Target near South Bay in Boston. There they had all the same stuff so we started to walk away when my son spotted some loose expansions on the clearance shelf....BINGO...there we scored the final expansion we needed to complete Utgar's Rage, Drones & Minions. Today we headed for home and I was determined to find snow. We stopped at every Walmart, TRU and Target we could see from the highway. Most of them were a bust except one Walmart in Stratford, CT. There they had Jadar's Oath (which we have none of). I picked up Kilts & Commandos. They had boatloads of RTTFF's. I remembered reading a post last night about not taking the price at sticker value and having the box scanned to find out if it was on clearance. I reluctantly took the box to the scan thingy not getting my hopes up. I had to scan it three times to make sure. They were marked down to $11.00....I screamed "YEAH BABY!!!!". One of the associates asked me if I was ok. I took two. We made one more stop in Boonton, NJ Walmart. Nothing new. So at the end of it all we wound up with 2) RTTFF, 1 ea. of Lawmen & Samurai, Kilts & Commandos, Heros of Trollsford, Soulborgs and Drones & Minions. Still No Snow but overall I think we did pretty good. The thrill of the hunt is another aspect of this game that is an unintentional good time for me and my son.

Sorry to drag on and on but I was just so excited that we did so well I just had to write it down. My wife was happy for us but I don't think she really understands what it all means. Anyway that was my summer vaction. Hope you all had a great Holiday and Summer. Time to dig in for the fall hunt. See you on the boards.

Where does the time go? I got a lot of catching up to do! How many more expansions and a new master set...Jeez!
Old September 5th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Grats on your finds, pashadowops! Searching for HS stuff can be fun.

Newb.
Old September 5th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Hunt for Heroscape over Summer Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pashadowops
So... .... Time to dig in for the fall hunt. See you on the boards.
Last summer was like this for me. I was down at my TRU bright and early pestering them to open the boxes still sitting on pallets on the storeroom floor. I had called the night before and was told the VW were there.
I bought all 4 on the spot. I was doing the same with RttFF and Orm's Return. Bright an early at the local Targets.

Last summer was a better Heroscape hunting ground for me than this summer: TT and RV were nowhere to be seen, Wave 4 distribution was a joke and find anything was a fluke.

I'm glad you had a good time scoring stuff - especially $11 RttFF! Nice deal, but you never anwered the worker lady who asked if you were okay.
Old September 6th, 2006, 01:09 PM

pashadowops Woo who?
Re: Hunt for Heroscape over Summer Vacation

Quote:
...I'm glad you had a good time scoring stuff - especially $11 RttFF! Nice deal, but you never anwered the worker lady who asked if you were okay.
Yeah, we had a Blast. The look of anticipation on his face when we walked through the door. He wanted so badly to find Tundra. When we didn't he would say " That's ok daddy we have more stores to go to." That kind of stuff is pricless. Things like that stick with you for the rest of your life. Then they get big, go off to college and don't want to be bothered with mommy and daddy and those memories are what you remember.

We will continue to look for Tundra and the rest in the stores. There's something about walking out of a store toy in hand that makes you feel victorious. Here's to the continued search...

Oh BTW...I told her I was fine...and she wouldn't understand. She looked at me like she wanted to call the white coats and stretcher.

Where does the time go? I got a lot of catching up to do! How many more expansions and a new master set...Jeez!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion