Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old September 21st, 2007, 11:18 PM

screamingvermillian has disabled reputation
Zombies Angels

So this sucks, right?

Raelin
Nakita Agents
Marcu Essenwan
Zombies x4

Slowly move forward, making sure to not activate Marcu unless you need to grab a rune. Main tain formation of Raelin surounded by Nakit, staggered, next to zombies within 4... 5 defense zombies, and a good chance of hiding Raelin with Nakit smoke. Keep zombies blocking around Raelin as much as possible, and always keep contact with Raelin with a Nakita... keeping the formation and shifting it forward requires... idiocy. Heh.
Old September 22nd, 2007, 05:24 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I think your unit selection will pull you in two directions at once. The Nakitas and Raelin don't want to rush in. They want to park the shooters just close enough to hit the enemy, with Raelin behind, and force the enemy to approach. And when he does, it's quite likely the right move is to give ground. The Zombies want to move toward the enemy with every order marker, never withdrawing, never pulling away until someone runs out of troops.

Not that the zombies make it bad to have range in your army, but they want to pair up with other "ATAAAACK!!!" units like Krug, vampires/rechets, Kozuke/Tagawa Samurai, maybe Stingers/Drudge, etc. Units who never back down from a fight. The Nakitas/Raelin element wants to fight alongside run-and-gun figures like Krav, Carr/Ninjas, Syvarris, Kaemon, and Aubriens-- units who often fight best by backing up or flanking. At least that's how I see it.

But "sucks?" Hey, you have multiples of your common squad. That's a big advantage over a lot of armies around here.
Old September 22nd, 2007, 12:55 PM

War Solves Everything has disabled reputation
Plus, if your smoke don't shine, that could pose a problem for your army. Looks pretty fun to play though.

I feel sorry for you. Your not me.
Old September 22nd, 2007, 01:22 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Is that a good suck or a bad suck?

It works, it will be tough moving them all together, now you would move Raelin once, then the nakitas, then the zombies a couple of times, then? You have to move them all together for you army to work like you want it to. If you against a guy who is blasting away 3 times with MM or Stingers - it could hurt.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old September 23rd, 2007, 05:22 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!
Call me crazy, but I think that in just about any army, Nakitas = fun, Marcu = fun, and lots of Zombies = fun. Competitive or not, you'll have a good time.
Old September 23rd, 2007, 05:36 PM

screamingvermillian has disabled reputation
The idea is to move Nakita up so that they're still in Raelin range, then move up zombies next to Nakita, and then more Raelin up in to a center spot. Repeat (Nakita up 4, zombies fill in spaces, Raelin up to a center...).

Terrain messes me up.

I just bought some Nakita, so I'll see how it works...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion