Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 8th, 2019, 07:00 PM

Phantom knows what's in an order marker Phantom knows what's in an order marker Phantom knows what's in an order marker
Re: Louisville, KY Events: Mar. 9 Format 555, min. 5 General

@lefton4ya - Boreos is 115, I was also looking at a large construct army but couldn't get the points/generals to work out for me
Old March 9th, 2019, 12:03 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Late, be there around 12:30
Old March 11th, 2019, 08:33 PM

Phantom knows what's in an order marker Phantom knows what's in an order marker Phantom knows what's in an order marker

thanks for indulging the four 5's guys!
Old March 12th, 2019, 09:00 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Always great to see some armies that don't often get played.

In that vein, I'm working on getting Delta+ updated for next month...

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 13th, 2019, 12:34 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Since 2 of the 5 other players brought Small Elementals, I decided to use Large Elementals/Constructs:

Unit General Points
Talingul Utgar 100 (thanks @Phantom for borrow)
Boreos Jandar 115
Iron Golem Vydar 100
Augamo Vydar 155
Martial La Hire Einar 70
Bol Aquilla 10

Overall I liked the army. Unlike small elemental army where if Kurrok dies early game (like what happened in my match-up against Sawyer where he practically forfeited after this happened) you are not totally SOL when Talingul dies, as @NecroBlade killed him about 1/2 through the game and my Heroes were still powerful enough on their own, I just had to be more strategic on where I placed my order markers. I lost to Necroblade who had 1 life left on Major Q9 (after using healing glyph when he had 3 wounds) and if I had put more order markers on Iron Golum to kill Major Q9 before he got the healing glyph instead of on Augumo and Martial La Hire to kill rats first, I could have won. I did loose to @Mr_Chompy as he played well with his Wrymlings keeping them out of range just enough to whittle my heroes down with mostly normal attacks faster than I could kill his Wrymlings, but honestly him holding the wound glyph thge netire game is what really won it. I should have used BOL to kill is lone Black Wrymling on the wound glyph towards the end of the game, and I might have won that as well.

I went 2-2 for the day with 2 close losses and two huge wins, but felt I could have went undefeated if I just played better, so I am still learning after all these years.
Old March 15th, 2019, 02:08 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Since there has been a request to postpone Delta until May, any suggestions for April?

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 15th, 2019, 03:26 PM

April 13 right? May or may not be there. Maybe a Take-2, RTW, or draft format - sick of playing the same army each game.
Old March 19th, 2019, 10:12 PM

What about a sort of draftless pod format?

Bring three 170 points pods numbered #1-3. Before each game you and your opponent secretly put 1-3 wound makers in your hand, then reveal them simultaneously and that's the pod you take from your opponent and add to your other two for your army.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 20th, 2019, 01:56 AM

ThugMisting is surprisingly tart

Are events only in Louisville or can we have one in Lexington? There's still place here called the Rusty Scabbard where we can set up a tournament or whatever.
Old March 20th, 2019, 09:43 AM

@NecroBlade - sounds like a fun creative format. I always like these where you have to bring good but not great armies such as Take-2 and RTW, but this makes a draft format like that as well, as all 3 pods should be good but not great, and roughly equal to each other or counter-balance each other - i.e. Brandis Skyhunter and Rats in one pod, Wrymlings in a 2nd, and Moltenclaw in another.

@ThugMisting - I'd be down for Lexington as I come from Florence, KY/Cincinnati, OH so both cities and Dayton are all about an hour and 20 min away from me. Not sure how many Louisvillians would come to Lexington though, but maybe if once or twice a year there it would be nice.

Last edited by lefton4ya; March 20th, 2019 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Horrible Pod ideas: DW7K, MX17, Pelloth, each with a squad of Marro Gnids
Old March 20th, 2019, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThugMisting View Post
Are events only in Louisville or can we have one in Lexington? There's still place here called the Rusty Scabbard where we can set up a tournament or whatever.
Most of the regulars are from around Louisville. I wouldn't be opposed to is once in a while if you're willing to set something up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
@NecroBlade - sounds like a fun creative format. I always like these where you have to bring good but not great armies such as Take-2 and RTW, but this makes a draft format like that as well, as all 3 pods should be good but not great, and roughly equal to each other or counter-balance each other - i.e. Brandis Skyhunter and Rats in one pod, Wrymlings in a 2nd, and Moltenclaw in another.
Cool, I'll make that our plan, then.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 21st, 2019, 12:47 AM

ThugMisting is surprisingly tart

Okay! I'll go talk to the owners of the Rusty Scabbard and see what I can do. Also, This will be the first time I ever do something like so I have a deal to learn, I'll read the "starting a tournament" thread. I will need advice such as, am I the one to decide which kind of cards we can use? Also, I'm assuming everyone will be on their own for what they eat, or do y'all chip in for pizza or something? There's a Dominoes super close by or we can order like a 100 pc chkn of Raising Canes, which I love because their sauce is to die for. ooh wee!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events