Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 12th, 2006, 04:29 PM

ArchonShiva has disabled reputation
Separating custom units

This was a minor issue over at HQ, which eventually turned major once I started having access to actual figures to mod: many people only want to do customs that they can find figures for.

Since this site is still in its infancy, I think it's stilol time if we want to give this a try.

Split the custom units fora/sub-fora by figure types:

Heroscape figures
Mage Knight / WizKids
D&D / WotC
Misc others
No figures / DIY (includes cardboard figures and stuff)

Actual categories are up for discussion, obviously. The idea is that, when I'm looking for customs, I can find what I have in mind much quicker. By reducing the clutter, I hope, and making it easier for people to find the kind of customs they want, I think we might garner more interest. Right now, all we have to go by is usually the name of the poster.

At any rate, I know I'd be much more likely to look at a bunch of threads of customs if I knew they'd all be HS figures I have, or D&D figures I know where to get, for example.

Moreover, customs in each category would stay near the top of their respective forum longer, rather than get lost in the depths of a forum that sometimes gets more new threads than posts, and each thread gets more post by the original topic creator than actual replies...

Making a separate forum for licensed characters is possible, but not required.
Old May 12th, 2006, 05:05 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Maybe categories of Unmodified (taken from other game), HS repaints, and surgery mods (cut and paste). I like this idea. Also it would be nice for Mage Knight and such figs to state what fig it is. I know some do this already. Sometimes it's there, but hard to find. IIRC the entry for Shade in Halls of Valhalla has the fig ID, but it took me a while to find. Curse my short attention span.
Old May 15th, 2006, 01:22 AM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
On the other hand, I prefer to keep up with certain creators customs and if their creations are spread all over the place in different forums, this gets messy.

If everyone keeps all their army cards on one thread per creator all will be good....

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old May 15th, 2006, 01:30 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I prefer to separate the customs by the easiest method I know of.... Name recognition!!! I identify the customs with their creator. If that creator keeps all of his customs in one thread, then I can easily find and use whichever I find I like. It is customary for the creators to re-label their thread title when they add new work. t is at this time they can choose to add details such as conversions or repaints etc..

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old May 15th, 2006, 08:31 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
thats why I call mine customs and repaints, It is an all inclusive thread from terrain to repaints and everything else I put paint on. Il ike having my own thread to do as I will with. Even if that does involve a little peanut butter now and again
Old May 15th, 2006, 09:16 AM

ArchonShiva has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Savage
On the other hand, I prefer to keep up with certain creators customs and if their creations are spread all over the place in different forums, this gets messy.

If everyone keeps all their army cards on one thread per creator all will be good....
That's what makes it worse for the other folk actually... But was mostly tossign that out to get people pulse on it. Guess the system's here to stay.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards