Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Old September 12th, 2006, 10:50 AM

Vette71 has disabled reputation
New Doctor Who CCG announced

Over on the BBC's DW website, I found an article about a new CCG, Doctor Who: Battles in Time, being released this month. Apparently, it will also have a regular magazine with articles on playing, rules updates, etc... along with a card booster per issue. Sounds sweet, but I doubt it will see release in the states.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/...01/36076.shtml
Old September 12th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Admin & Retired PuppetMaster

LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Drag-Nabbit!!!

...Crud, ...I haven't had to import a CCG since I completed my Triple Triad set back in '99. ...It's gonna SUCK if I have to start collecting another game from overseas...

I almost [...bites lip...] hope the game blows [...hits head on desk...] just so I don't have to collect it [...slams fingers in drawer...]

...Ouch, ...whew, ...I'm better now...

^_^
-LordRaidor-
Old September 12th, 2006, 12:10 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
There was a DW CCG back in the early to mid-90s. It was sold in shops in the USA. I have some of the old cards, but I never played it. I was mostly getting it for the trading card aspect of it.

I've never been into CCGs. I like minis. I guess it's the old Kenner Star Wars figure collector in me.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old September 12th, 2006, 12:38 PM

Point Blanks has disabled reputation
Re: Drag-Nabbit!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRaidor
...Crud, ...I haven't had to import a CCG since I completed my Triple Triad set back in '99. ...It's gonna SUCK if I have to start collecting another game from overseas...

I almost [...bites lip...] hope the game blows [...hits head on desk...] just so I don't have to collect it [...slams fingers in drawer...]

...Ouch, ...whew, ...I'm better now...

^_^
-LordRaidor-
Triple Triad? *faints* Is there any way you could scan them so poe folk like us could play that game? (btw, FF VIII beats out VII anyday.)
Old September 12th, 2006, 02:00 PM

I'm not a big fan of CCG's either. At first, I dabbled in Magic the Gathering, but nothing can replace a nice set if minis on a decent piece of terrain, or at least a detailed map.
I used to have a website where I made DW paper minis for the various RPG's out there. They were fairly well received, but I still didn't like it. It's gotta be 3D plastic or metal for me!
Old September 12th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Admin & Retired PuppetMaster

LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Doctor Who CCG

ninthdoc... You didn't miss anything by not playing the first Doctor Who CCG - it was TOTAL CRAP. (And I'm a rabid Doctor Who fan, so it's got to be bad for me to say that...) If you would like any more of the 'I-wouldn't-wipe-my-butt-with-them' cards from the first CCG, please let me know - my local game-shop has had the boosters on clearance for $0.50 each for several years now...

Part of me hopes that the new CCG will be awesome, ...just 'cause I'd like to play. ...But more of me hopes it will be another wash, 'cause... sheesh, ...the money... ^_^

Point Blanks... go here to see my Triple Triad page. I have the cards all scanned into hi-rez jpg files, which I have been happily distributing to Final Fantasy fans for over 5 years now... Send me your e-mail address and I'll gladly e-mail back the proxies. Here is a picture on BGG of a game in progress using one of my sets...

"We now return you to your regularly scheduled Doctor Who CCG thread..."

^_^
-LordRaidor-
Old September 12th, 2006, 02:31 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Doctor Who CCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRaidor
"We now return you to your regularly scheduled Doctor Who CCG thread..."

^_^
-LordRaidor-

Old September 12th, 2006, 06:46 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
prediction:

Doctor Who CCG will not be successful, because the majority of Dr Who fans are over the age of 38, and the majority of CCG fans are under 21.
Old September 13th, 2006, 12:56 AM
ATF Agent

Prediction: ...

Oh, wait, it already happened... So, we'll call it a premonition.

Old September 13th, 2006, 01:30 AM

countblah has disabled reputation
The original Doctor Who CCG was hopeless. Convoluted, irritating, and awful. I bought one starter box in little-kid glee, then found it to be awful, no good, and never bought another pack.

Waiting for my old avatar to dry off. And to quit stinking, too.

Old September 13th, 2006, 09:05 AM

Even worse than the Attack of the Clones CCG? My 12 year old is always conning me into playing and it's so tediously, mind numbingly boring...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games