Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old May 24th, 2020, 04:42 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: [Pod 2] Kiora, the Rising Tide - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
While she does look alot like Aquilla, after looking t her bronze colored armor, she could be Durnipia/Einar after all. Einar tends to have orange/bronze colored themes.
What is Durnipia?

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old May 24th, 2020, 06:04 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
While she does look alot like Aquilla, after looking t her bronze colored armor, she could be Durnipia/Einar after all. Einar tends to have orange/bronze colored themes.
What is Durnipia?
Durnipia is the name of a character referenced in the official bios for Valguard and the 10th Regiment of Foot. She is a healer associated with Einar. Other than that, little else is known about her officially.
Old May 24th, 2020, 10:45 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

We just thought, in previous brainstorming, that we wanted a healer for the box and it would be nice to tie it in with previous lore.
Old May 29th, 2020, 03:29 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I apologize for the slow response. I did not get an email notification when I was mentioned, but I usually do.

I'm in favor of tying her into the lore as a healer.
Old June 1st, 2020, 01:55 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Mika Connour sets a precedent for referencing land spaces. We can look at cribbing the C3V wording when **-***-** releases (there are a couple of differences, but the unit should be releasing relatively soon, so I'll leave it at that until then).
Following up on this, Re-Tak-Shi was recently released with the following power:
Quote:
SWAMP OOZE
All land or water spaces within 1 space of Re-Tak-Shi that are no more than 5 levels above or below Re-Tak-Shi's base are considered swamp water spaces.
If the pod is still interested in some kind of terrain-changing ability, then something along the lines of this wording would be a good precedent to follow. It is worth noting that swamp water is also counted as water for all abilities, so Re-Tak-Shi already "helps" the Water Elementals and other units that rely on water tiles.
Old June 9th, 2020, 08:46 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Bumping. What are we feeling here?
Old June 11th, 2020, 09:10 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Mika Connour sets a precedent for referencing land spaces. We can look at cribbing the C3V wording when **-***-** releases (there are a couple of differences, but the unit should be releasing relatively soon, so I'll leave it at that until then).
Following up on this, Re-Tak-Shi was recently released with the following power:
Quote:
SWAMP OOZE
All land or water spaces within 1 space of Re-Tak-Shi that are no more than 5 levels above or below Re-Tak-Shi's base are considered swamp water spaces.
If the pod is still interested in some kind of terrain-changing ability, then something along the lines of this wording would be a good precedent to follow. It is worth noting that swamp water is also counted as water for all abilities, so Re-Tak-Shi already "helps" the Water Elementals and other units that rely on water tiles.
I think the Merfolk Hero could be the terrain changer. and Kiora doesn't need to be one

Old June 11th, 2020, 09:23 PM

She looks good in Jandar.

What if the waves at her feet was actually ice?

Old June 11th, 2020, 10:15 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd be a little hesitant to add a snow or ice terrain based power when there's not any in the set, and the fact that it is currently very difficult for new players to obtain snow or ice makes the problem worse.

Healing Prayer is an interesting take on a healing ability, although I'm not sure I like it more than the previous direction based around treating adjacent spaces as water, complimented by a healing ability that was more effective when targeting figures in water.
Old June 13th, 2020, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
I'd be a little hesitant to add a snow or ice terrain based power when there's not any in the set, and the fact that it is currently very difficult for new players to obtain snow or ice makes the problem worse.

Healing Prayer is an interesting take on a healing ability, although I'm not sure I like it more than the previous direction based around treating adjacent spaces as water, complimented by a healing ability that was more effective when targeting figures in water.
I agree with all said here.

Old June 17th, 2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:
WATER HEALER
Aquilla (Or Einar if named Durnipia)
5 Life / 5 Move / 1 Range / 3 Attack / 3 Defense

CARRIED BY WAVES
While Kiora is on a land space, that space and all same-level spaces adjacent to Kiora are considered water spaces. Kiora and friendly figures who start or end their move adjacent to Kiora do not have to stop their movement when entering a water space.

HEALING WATERS
After taking a turn with Kiora, you may roll the d20 for each friendly figure within four clear sight spaces on a water space. If you roll a ?15? or higher, remove a wound from that figure's army card.
I like how this version of healing waters makes her more unique as a healer by allowing her to heal multiple heroes at once, but I'd also be on board with Zetsubo's version which has the potential to more consistently heal a single hero.
I really liked Cap S's draft here. How do we feel about this as a starting point? I added a phrase to the first power, bolded.
Old June 17th, 2020, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Quote:

Quote:
WATER HEALER
Aquilla (Or Einar if named Durnipia)
5 Life / 5 Move / 1 Range / 3 Attack / 3 Defense

CARRIED BY WAVES
While Kiora is on a land space, that space and all same-level spaces adjacent to Kiora are considered water spaces. Kiora and friendly figures who start or end their move adjacent to Kiora do not have to stop their movement when entering a water space.

HEALING WATERS
After taking a turn with Kiora, you may roll the d20 for each friendly figure within four clear sight spaces on a water space. If you roll a ?15? or higher, remove a wound from that figure's army card.
I like how this version of healing waters makes her more unique as a healer by allowing her to heal multiple heroes at once, but I'd also be on board with Zetsubo's version which has the potential to more consistently heal a single hero.
I really liked Cap S's draft here. How do we feel about this as a starting point? I added a phrase to the first power, bolded.
I think this works as a good starting point, and I really like your added phrase for the most part. Personally, I would prefer the wording "Kiora and friendly figures who start their turn adjacent to Kiora do not have to stop their movement when entering a water space." I think that only applying this ability to figures who start their turn adjacent to Kiora is just slightly more intuitive than applying it also to figures who end their turn adjacent. Also, making a movement power conditional on where a figure ends their movement seems like it might run into the same problems that plague charging assault? Namely, what happens when a figure moves through water in an attempt to end their move adjacent to Nahiri, but ends up dying from a leaving engagement or falling damage along the way? All that being said, I still think your version is clear enough and would be happy to move forward with it if others preferred it as well

How are we all feeling about 15 as the target number for the healing ability? When I first proposed the power I hadn't put too much thought into the specific number, and basically just chose something I didn't think would be too broken.

I also think an argument could be made for giving her a range of 5-7 with her normal attack if we wanted to. Not saying that's necessarily a better direction, just a possibility to consider.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs