Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 30th, 2009, 12:00 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!
Heroscape on Tom Vasel's Top 100 games

Over the last month or so, Tom Vasel has been doing a video countdown of his top 100 games of 2009, and like last year, Heroscape has shown up as his 3rd favorite game!

See it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEQBjelTRTY
Old October 1st, 2009, 04:43 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape on Tom Vasel's Top 100 games

Who is Tom Vasel? OK, I wikied him, but there's even a wiki about my Dad http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Hasker so what does that mean?

I am enthused that a reviewer of a lot of board games likes HS, but really, who is Tom Vasel??
Old October 1st, 2009, 05:15 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Tom is pretty popular over at the geek. He has kind of become the siskel and ebert of board game reviews.
Old October 1st, 2009, 05:47 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
Tom is pretty popular over at the geek. He has kind of become the siskel and ebert of board game reviews.
Now THAT is pretty exciting. And reinforces what I've always said about this game.

It is an AWESOME game! It just doesn't have a pre-packaged audience. Let's pray that the D&D expansion alerts a bunch of snobs to it's inherent awesomeness.
Old October 1st, 2009, 07:15 AM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

Yeah hey gave us all a shout out. He does make a couple of errors, such as only one wave a year, and that you can still get it at Toys'R'US. Still its great to see the game get some exposure.
Old October 1st, 2009, 07:32 AM

White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker

Hopefully this'll bring in more people. I'm fairly sure that once they try it most people will be hooked (the game is addictive, after all). It's the trying that's the problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
No matter your feelings towards D&D, it has divided us.
Something tells me that the cancellation, though tragic, may indeed mend that divide...
Old October 1st, 2009, 07:52 AM

Lucas the beast is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

It's great to see Tom Vassel put Heroscape on the map. It is really need and I think that it will attract more people to our game.

-Lucas
Old October 1st, 2009, 08:59 AM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
He's also the host of TheDiceTower podcast, which, I believe, is the most popular boardgaming podcast on the net.
Old October 1st, 2009, 09:00 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

While I think Tom has great video reviews, and I thoroughly enjoyed last years countdown, I really question how much can change on your Top 100 games in the course of one year.
Old October 1st, 2009, 09:36 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Don't really know who Tom Vasel is, but I'm not impressed. Now, if Tom Selleck was reviewing Scape, that's a different story. C'mon, he's Magnum PI man!
Old October 1st, 2009, 09:43 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Scape has been in his top 5 for a couple of years now... Good to know that he still likes it though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old October 1st, 2009, 10:20 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Last years top 100 video with Scape (as #3) was great. He literally threw his pieces all over the place to illustrate the durability.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion