Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old April 4th, 2016, 04:39 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Scytale's customs - myconids highlighted (4/4/16)

With this, I'll have done a update highlight of every unit in the Scytaleverse. I'll stop spamming the Customs forum from here on and sneak in rotating unit highlights quietly.

unit highlight 4/4/16

I long wanted to make a myconid (D&D fungus people) squad for Heroscape, but the D&D minis line only made the one figure. I decided to see what I could do with it as a Common or Uncommon Hero.

Uncommons were something that came late in official 'Scape and thus didn't get explored heavily. One potential I saw for them was to allow Uncommons to synergize with itself, a unique concept since each is an individual but all are obviously similar. Here I deviated from the D&D designs somewhat to push this design idea.

The myconids play rather uniquely. You need to lumber one into position, then let it throw spores and regrow while moving up the next one. If you get them spread out, sporing and regrowing everywhere, they can win the day. Large and huge figures are problematic due to the high roll required to hurt them, so pairing them with a means to deal with such threats is ideal.

Myconid Guard (D&D Aberrations)

Old April 5th, 2016, 06:06 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really like the Myconid.
Old April 5th, 2016, 09:31 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I bought a few of these guys to go with my Plant faction. (You are responsible for a good part of my plastic addiction!) The Myconid guard looks like a fun guy.
Old April 5th, 2016, 09:34 AM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
The Myconid guard looks like a fun guy.
Pun intended, right?

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old April 5th, 2016, 04:57 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
The Myconid guard looks like a fun guy.
Pun intended, right?
Of course!
Old May 17th, 2016, 11:50 AM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Scytale's customs - beastmaster highlighted (4/25/16)

I didn't even realize you highlighted something different. Still thought it was the beastmaster. You should either update your thread title or bump your thread. Or both. That way others that enjoy reading your highlights will know of the updates.

Another fantastic set of customs!! I told you in person what a big fan I am of your work, but I'll state it here. You easily have some of the best customs on Heroscapers. Always top notch.
Old May 17th, 2016, 11:59 AM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
I didn't even realize you highlighted something different. Still thought it was the beastmaster. You should either update your thread title or bump your thread. Or both. That way others that enjoy reading your highlights will know of the updates.
Oh yeah, whoops. Thanks for the reminder. I stopped bumping the thread recently after going through my entire set of customs with highlights. I'll keep rotating the highlighted units, but I don't plan to bump unless I develop something new.

Quote:
Another fantastic set of customs!! I told you in person what a big fan I am of your work, but I'll state it here. You easily have some of the best customs on Heroscapers. Always top notch.
That's a huge compliment, given how many creators on this site I admire. I do put a lot of effort into my customs and it's always nice to hear they're appreciated.

The number of people that brought C3V/SoV units to the tournament was encouraging; apparently people in the area are welcoming of this age of Fanscape. Makes me wonder if I could run a Scytaleverse tournament. Maybe if I buy pizzas for all the attendees.
Old May 17th, 2016, 12:36 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Makes me wonder if I could run a Scytaleverse tournament.
Makes me wish I was not so far from MN!
Quote:
Maybe if I buy pizzas for all the attendees.
Well, that and provide all the figures.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 17th, 2016, 01:06 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
The number of people that brought C3V/SoV units to the tournament was encouraging; apparently people in the area are welcoming of this age of Fanscape.
I thought that was great too and it supports my opinion of Fanscape. I really was looking to do the 2x glads, 3x blasts, with some hoplitrons and major J, but didn't like the way the numbers were coming out for a 520pt army. Q9 just fit so perfectly.

As a new player, I'm still playing through all the classics and just starting to integrate my collection of C3V/SoV. Eventually though I hope to also collect up a bunch of other customs shared here, with a close eye on many of yours. Because you're right, there are lots of great custom creators here. And its clear the amount of work you put into designing and balancing them.

I'd love to jump into the Scytaleverse. Even if not in tournament format, if you are ever looking for extra players, send me a PM. Rochester is an hour away for me which could be a hurdle during busy times, but is manageable at other times.

Last edited by bmon; May 17th, 2016 at 01:07 PM. Reason: formatting
Old May 17th, 2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Maybe if I buy pizzas for all the attendees.
Well, that and provide all the figures.
Yeah. I'd probably have to do it with pre-made armies, maybe with some sort of draft format. Draft an army for the day or change up armies every round. Something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
I'd love to jump into the Scytaleverse. Even if not in tournament format, if you are ever looking for extra players, send me a PM. Rochester is an hour away for me which could be a hurdle during busy times, but is manageable at other times.
I'll keep that in mind. Gaming is a frequent occurrence at my house; I'll let you know if Heroscape is planned.
Old July 4th, 2016, 11:51 AM

FYI, my first Customs Creation article for the HS Codex is posted, for anyone looking for some tips for creating customs.
Old July 15th, 2016, 09:25 AM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker
Re: Scytale's customs - drow highlighted (7/11/16)

I finally finished going through this thread . It is very obvious that you put a lot of thought and work into your customs. They are very well done and absolutely will be included in my collection when I can. I think my favorites are the Corsairs.
One question: The card for the Ice Devil Warfiends still lists the cost as 140. Does it just need updated to 160, or did further playtesting show it should stay at 140? Thank you very much for sharing your work.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards