Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 4th, 2016, 05:02 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the The Flash set.
Its model number and name are #014 / Girder.

NAME = GIRDER
SECRET IDENTITY = TONY WOODWARD

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ROGUE
PERSONALITY = CRUEL

SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 6

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

STEEL SKIN
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, Girder always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled. Girder never rolls for molten lava damage or lava field damage.

RUSTING
At the end of each round, if Girder is on the battlefield, roll the 20-sided die. Add 10 to the result if Girder is on a water space. If you roll a 15 or higher, Girder receives one wound.

SUPER STRENGTH

Bio - After being dumped into a vat of steel that had been reclaimed from STAR Labs experiments, Tony Woodward was changed into a being of living metal. The newly-christened Girder began using his powers for crime, which quickly made him an enemy of the Flash.
-----------
I'm running off Girder's (slightly different) TV appearance and his wiki rather than the comics here. Rare for me, so anyone more familiar with his comic appearances is welcome to chime in. I liked the idea of him as a pretty straightforward tank, with some room to wear himself down due to his rusting problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
I was recently looking at Girder and was going to do pretty much exactly what you have there, though I wasn't quite sure how to work a rust power; I like how you do it though.

I'm only familiar with the character through the TV show so I can't help on comic accuracy, but I like the design.
I also didn't know him until the TV Show.

I like the write up but wanted to put out there the Colossus issue in that even though Steel Skin gives him the Lava Resistance for Lava it doesn't make him immune to other powers that state "figures with the Lava Resistance Power are not affected by this..."

So basically if he steps on Lava he's fine but if someone throws a fireball at him he can be burned.

Same idea as people with Mental Shield getting immunity from some powers but for a figure with Mental Shield benefits rolled into a bigger power or Magical Defense...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 4th, 2016, 06:29 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If I'm recalling correctly, he's fairly hard to hurt in the comics, which seems well-represented here.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 5th, 2016, 12:09 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

In Crossfire Magneta kept Girder from rusting away. Maybe you could give him something related to that, though it may be a better ability for her.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old January 5th, 2016, 12:24 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, I saw in the wiki that he was boosted by her magnetic powers, but given that there's no universal power to attach anything to (there's no signature magnetic power like there is for fire or electricity), it seemed like a stretch to try and build that synergy in.

Like you say, it's probably something that'd make more sense on a card for her anyway, since it's an application of her powers.
Old January 5th, 2016, 01:03 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

NAME = MAGNETA
SECRET IDENTITY = FRANCES "FRANKIE" KANE

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ROGUE
PERSONALITY = UNSTABLE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

RUST PROTECTION
Adjacent figures you control do not have to roll for the Rusting special power at the end of each round.

MAGNETIC THROW DEFENSE
If an opponent's figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Magneta targets a figure you control for an adjacent or non-adjacent attack, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, the figure cannot attack this turn and you may place it on any empty space within 4 spaces of its current placement. After the figure is placed, it receives a wound. Thrown figures do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

CARRY
Before moving Magneta, you may choose an unengaged friendly small or medium figure adjacent to Magneta. After you move Magneta, place the chosen figure on an empty space adjacent to Magneta.

FLYING

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old January 5th, 2016, 04:19 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Interesting. Rust Protection is a bit niche, of course, but if it works, it works. Can't speak to comics theme on her, either.
Old January 5th, 2016, 04:48 PM
Never Forgets

Honestly I've only read her in Crossfire, and she didn't do much.

Old January 9th, 2016, 07:05 PM
Symbiotic

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Captain America set.
Its model number and name are #032 / Scorpion.

[redacted]
----------
Bio - The genetically-engineered daughter of Monica Rappaccini, Carmilla Black didn't know her mother growing up, and was raised by adoptive parents. It was a complete surprise to Carmilla when her powers manifested at the age of sixteen, killing her boyfriend at a homecoming dance. After discovering her powers, Carmilla ran away from home and tried to stay hidden, but returned to her hometown when her adoptive parents were murdered. Returning home brought her into the middle of the conflict between SHIELD and AIM, eventually leading her to become an agent of SHIELD.

As a result of AIM's genetic modifications, Carmilla is immune to all toxins, and her body is capable of processing irritants like smoke and nerve gas without missing a beat. She's even unaffected by gamma rays and nuclear fallout. Her main offensive weapon is the "stinger" in her left arm. Her body stores toxins in a gland near her heart, and she can expel them through her left hand to incapacitate or even kill targets.
------------

I went with a high base life (which could be toned down to 6) to represent her durability, since C3G doesn't have universal mechanics for things like poison and radiation, so there's no straightforward way to represent immunity to those things. Fairly straightforward design, otherwise.

I thought it made sense to C3G her, since there's a nice cheap mini, and we've already got her mom (who was introduced in the very same story arc). Marvel seems to have pretty much abandoned the character in the last few years, which is a shame.

Last edited by Ronin; April 25th, 2016 at 09:48 PM.
Old January 9th, 2016, 07:12 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I've had her mini forever and I've looked at doing a write-up but I don't know the character at all. I like what you have, simple but cool.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old January 9th, 2016, 10:14 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
I've had her mini forever and I've looked at doing a write-up but I don't know the character at all. I like what you have, simple but cool.
Not surprising that you don't know her. She hasn't been used in over five years, and she was only created ten years ago. I was only familiar with her from her brief appearances in Amazing Spider-Man and The Initiative. Only read her original story on the premise that she might be an interesting scape design.
Old January 10th, 2016, 01:53 AM
Never Forgets

While not necessarily thematic, you could give her environmental suit.

Old January 10th, 2016, 01:30 PM
Symbiotic

Not a bad idea, but it doesn't quite work thematically. I could go for something similar, but I'd rather just work it into her stats with the high life number.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy