Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 6th, 2015, 09:29 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
It seems to me the Magical Defense power here works in the opposite way that it should for the character.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When John Constantine is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds John Constantine can take for this attack is one.

When John fights magical creatures he will take the full brunt of the attack, but when he gets punched by Superman or shot by Merlyn the wounds are limited to 1. Seems to me the theme here for John should have him taking the full brunt from regular physical trauma but protected from magic based attacks. So how about something more like this:

PROTECTION FROM MAGIC
When John Constantine is attacked by an opponent's figure that has the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds John Constantine can take for this attack is one.
No, he's fine in that aspect, he's usually able to pull a trick out of his hat coat to take down anybody though. Magical defense suits him just fine.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old January 6th, 2015, 07:59 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

@Zettian Juggernaut
Cool take! I was actually considering something a lot like your first power at one point. I like that he's a solid Mutant leader without being as much of an OM hub, and the way Mutant Tactical Command feels like a progression of Cyclops (I)'s Field Commander. I wasn't sold on the X Order Markers as a resource at first, but I'm liking it more as I think it over. Reminds me a bit of Helmut Zemo, which is one of my favorite C3G designs.
Old January 7th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
Quote:
NAME = JOHN CONSTANTINE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MAGICIAN
PERSONALITY = TRICKY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

MYSTIC CON
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, and before taking a turn with John Constantine, you may either

-move any one unrevealed Order Marker on one opponent’s card to one other card that opponent controls. You may not place Order Markers on any cards not in play, and you may never reveal an opponent’s Order Marker when using Mystic Con
-or you may switch 2 other Order Markers on Army Cards you control. Revealed Order Markers or Order Markers on Army Cards of destroyed figures may be switched.

RIDING THE SYNCHRONICITY HIGHWAY
If you win initiative, and there is at least one Order Marker on this card, for the rest of the round anytime dice are rolled for a special power targeting Constantine, you may choose an opponent's unrevealed Order Marker. If it is an "X", you may change the roll to whatever you desire. If John Constantine receives one or more Wound Markers from a normal attack, he may not use Riding the Synchronicity Highway for the rest of the round

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When John Constantine is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds John Constantine can take for this attack is one.
Don't know the character, but this guy looks absolutely awesome to me - I'd love to see him in the game. Definitely the right call on MP - it did sound like a cool and thematic power for him from what you were saying, but if you're low on space then that's definitely the right one to cut since it's so niche. This guy might even get my vote, if only you were an ally. (Some stiff competition, though. )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
NAME = CYCLOPS
SECRET IDENTITY = SCOTT SUMMERS

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS/TYPE = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEADER
PERSONALITY = FOCUSED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 8
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

UTOPIAN RECRUITS
All Unique Mutant Outcast and Mutant Sidekick Heroes you control have a Class of Recruit instead of what is listed on their cards. Figures with the Mutant Sidekick special power add 1 to their Attack and Defense numbers while within clear sight of Cyclops.

MUTANT GENERAL
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with Cyclops, you may take a turn with any Unique Mutant Hero you control that is within clear sight of Cyclops. If you do, Cyclops may not move this turn.

OPTIC DEVASTATION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 8.
Choose a space exactly two spaces away from Cyclops. All figures on the chosen space or a space adjacent to the chosen space are affected by this special attack. Roll 8 attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice separately. This special attack may only be used once per game.
I hate Cyclops's character and feel no need for another mutant commander - congratulations on still managing to make me like this design.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; January 9th, 2015 at 09:07 AM.
Old January 8th, 2015, 11:12 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Quote:
NAME = JOHN CONSTANTINE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MAGICIAN
PERSONALITY = TRICKY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

MYSTIC CON
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, and before taking a turn with John Constantine, you may either

-move any one unrevealed Order Marker on one opponent’s card to one other card that opponent controls. You may not place Order Markers on any cards not in play, and you may never reveal an opponent’s Order Marker when using Mystic Con
-or you may switch 2 other Order Markers on Army Cards you control. Revealed Order Markers or Order Markers on Army Cards of destroyed figures may be switched.

RIDING THE SYNCHRONICITY HIGHWAY
If you win initiative, and there is at least one Order Marker on this card, for the rest of the round anytime dice are rolled for a special power targeting Constantine, you may choose an opponent's unrevealed Order Marker. If it is an "X", you may change the roll to whatever you desire. If John Constantine receives one or more Wound Markers from a normal attack, he may not use Riding the Synchronicity Highway for the rest of the round

MAGICAL DEFENSE
Don't know the character, but this guy looks absolutely awesome to me - I'd love to see him in the game. Definitely the right call on MP - it did sound like a cool and thematic power for him from what you were saying, but if you're low on space then that's definitely the right one to cut since it's so niche. This guy might even get my vote, if only you were an ally. (Some stiff competition, though.
Thanks!

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old January 12th, 2015, 05:21 PM

Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker

Is this just Cyclops, or Phoenix force Cyclops?

Old January 12th, 2015, 05:32 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Just plain ol' Cyclops, no Phoenix Force involved. Phoenix Five designs would be cool, but not what I'm going for here.
Old January 12th, 2015, 05:32 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

This is a more recent version of Cyclops from the comics, post Xavier, Utopian Cyclops. Not the Phoenix Force Cyclops.
Old January 12th, 2015, 06:17 PM

Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker Midgieboy3 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Just plain ol' Cyclops, no Phoenix Force involved. Phoenix Five designs would be cool, but not what I'm going for here.
A Phoenix Five Wave would be so awesome! I know the Designers would knock it out of the park. Even if it were years down the pipeline. You would probably use Phoenix markers, and the markers could go from person to person so like it would still be thematic, could even make Cyclops be able to attack his own teammates so He could steal their Phoenix Force.... Awe man... I'm drooling just thinking about it.

I would also like to see a Infinity Watch Wave, mainly so we can get the one and only Adam Worlock, and I could see a old school Drax(allowing Him to fly) write up.

Last edited by Midgieboy3; January 12th, 2015 at 06:39 PM.
Old January 12th, 2015, 09:48 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Help me out here guys. Since Malekith could be starting up any day now, I'd like to propose a question to everyone:

I'm contemplating if his teleport is the best course of action to supplement Illusionist Deception and Magical Defense with. I'm happy with it, I think it works well, and I'm not trying to go wishy-washy on my own design, but for the sake of discussion, before the design process itself gets underway, what are your thoughts on merging Dark Faerie Teleport with Illusionist Deception, and instead giving him a more offensive special.

I think it might be within his best interest, to potentially have something that makes him more of a threat/annoyance, to get the enemy to want to attack him sooner, rather than later, which would give his Illusionist Deception more play while there's more options left on the board.

This poses the problem. Malekith may need something that makes it so his opponent cannot afford to ignore him, cannot leave him 'til the end, thus making the rest of the design flourish in the process. Now I didn't want to just shoe-horn something in, or give him some sort of special attack for the sake of a special attack. So here is what I came up with, which I find to be quite thematic:

THE WILD HUNT
After an opponent takes a turn, Malekith may immediately move up to 2 spaces. After moving Malekith with this special, if he ends his movement adjacent to a figure he was not adjacent to prior to using this special, you may roll one unblockable attack die against that figure. Malekith never takes leaving engagement attacks.

This would make him the annoyance he needs to be. He calls upon the Wild Hunt(dogs from hell), to help track down his enemies. The thematic idea is that either the dogs are attacking, or Malekith himself is using a dagger to catch his enemy off guard.

As for the teleport, we get rid of the ability to do it on his own turn, and make it purely defensive, a part of his Illusionist Deception(it plays into deceiving his opponent as to where he is located, and is a natural defense mechanism).

ILLUSIONIST DECEPTION 15
If Malekith is targeted for an attack by an enemy figure, you may first roll the 20-sided die. Add 5 to the roll if the attacking figure is not adjacent to Malekith. If you roll 15 or higher, choose a figure other than the attacker within 8 clear sight spaces of Malekith and switch Malekith with the chosen figure. The attacking figure must target and attack the chosen figure, if possible. If Malekith rolls defense dice and after any wounds are placed, if you rolled at least one blank, you may place him on an empty space up to 8 spaces away. Figures moved by this special never take leaving engagement attacks.

Here's the design as it stands, with no changes, just for comparison:
Spoiler Alert!

Here's the version discussed:
Spoiler Alert!

Which version do you prefer? Thoughts? I'd like to have a general consensus here, to see what people think. If it is thought that it's best left as is, I'm down with that. But I'd at least like some thoughts on the matter. Thanks.
Old January 12th, 2015, 10:18 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

If you want to do a power that makes him really interesting and different, how about something like this:
Quote:
POWER HUNGRY
When Malekith is in possession of an Equipment Glyph and receives a wound, instead of losing possession of the glyph he may roll the 20-sided die. If he rolls 11 or higher, he may keep possession of the glyph.
This would allow him to keep items like an Infinity Gem or the Casket of Ancient Winters.

It could alternately be done similar to Annihilus' use of Cosmic Control Rod, where two wounds or more causes him to lose it.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old January 12th, 2015, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
If you want to do a power that makes him really interesting and different, how about something like this:
Quote:
POWER HUNGRY
When Malekith is in possession of an Equipment Glyph and receives a wound, instead of losing possession of the glyph he may roll the 20-sided die. If he rolls 11 or higher, he may keep possession of the glyph.
I like that, but not for this design of Malekith. It totally fits, with his history with the Casket(which is unfortunately, and unthematically for him, a permanent glyph) and Mandarin's rings. However, the issue trying to be addressed is that he isn't posing enough of an immediate physical threat to the enemy team, to warrant their attention sooner rather than later.

I should have mentioned in the OP, that I play tested him recently, the current design, and that's what led me to this concern. Malekith needs to be an annoyance offensively, to get the opponent to realize they can't just save him until later. That he has to be dealt with sooner, which means his ID/teleport will take effect more.

Because whether he is surrounded by heavier hitters than himself, or support figures that boost his attack, the common conclusion I reached was that the opponent would much rather focus on the heavy hitters or the support first, and then get to Malekith towards the end. Which means his options for ID, are lessened.

But, like I said, he plays great, I like the design, and am certainly not trying to re-invent the wheel so close to design time. I am more or less pointing out an issue I foresee, in 1-on-1 competitive matches, for his design to really flourish. For him to really have an impact, he might need a more offensive presence, even at the lower annoyance level, rather than anything outright devastating, in order to get the opponent's attention on him sooner in the match.
Old January 12th, 2015, 10:32 PM
Symbiotic

I like Spidey's direction; something Casket of Ancient Winters related could be cool. I think I've seen Malekith pop up in three storylines ever (his first appearance in Simonson's run, his appearance on Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and his appearance in the current Jason Aaron Thor run), and 2/3 of those were casket-related. The mini's even holding the casket, isn't it?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy