Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old July 25th, 2020, 12:55 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Agent Carr (matte)
Eltahale (matte)
Mindflayer Mastermind (matte)
Obsidian Guard 1 (matte)

I painted these with tempura paint because the dark colors didn't scan well. The paint helped a lot and washed off later.
Old August 5th, 2020, 03:17 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Hey @White Knight , I just downloaded Meshroom to do photogrammetry. I'm thinking it would be super awesome to 3d scan some of my Action Figure Collection to make miniatures out of. I have over 500 star wars figures and tons of others. Not to mention all of the minis I have. I have been using a program called Mixamo to do some awesome poses on video game models that have been really cool looking to 3d print on my resin machine. I'll either pose the figures and scan them, or put them in a T pose and scan them that way to see if I can import them into mixamo to make them multipose easily in blender. I'm going to use my wifes photography camera because my phone camera is beat up.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 5th, 2020, 03:47 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Hey @White Knight , I just downloaded Meshroom to do photogrammetry. I'm thinking it would be super awesome to 3d scan some of my Action Figure Collection to make miniatures out of. I have over 500 star wars figures and tons of others. Not to mention all of the minis I have. I have been using a program called Mixamo to do some awesome poses on video game models that have been really cool looking to 3d print on my resin machine. I'll either pose the figures and scan them, or put them in a T pose and scan them that way to see if I can import them into mixamo to make them multipose easily in blender. I'm going to use my wifes photography camera because my phone camera is beat up.

Sounds ambitious!

Let me know how Meshroom works. I use 3DF Zephyr but I've been wanting to try Meshroom to compare the two.
Old August 8th, 2020, 12:08 PM

Blastatron 1 painted (matte)
Obsidian Guard 2 (matte)
Obsidian Guard 3 (matte)

And that completes the Obsidian Guards!
Old August 15th, 2020, 04:30 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey @White Knight ! (or anybody else that wants to respond @TREX ?)

Just got a 3D printer and I'm working on getting some figures printed. Would you mind like posting a screen shot or something of the support settings you use? (I'm using Cura) You have an Ender 3 right? It seems like the support settings are one of the trickiest things about printing and I feel like the couple prints I've done had overkill on the supports.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old August 15th, 2020, 10:05 PM

My profile. You might need to adjust the temperatures.

WK profilehttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1CvK...w?usp=drivesdk
Old August 15th, 2020, 10:07 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post

Awesome! Thanks so much for posting that!!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old August 16th, 2020, 12:10 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post

Awesome! Thanks so much for posting that!!
Thanks WK. My snapmaker settings wouldnt do him any good. Since getting the resin printer I dont make smaller minis on the fdm anymore either.

Old September 6th, 2020, 10:10 AM

My latest prints:

Old September 6th, 2020, 12:15 PM

GUILD_WARRIOR knows what's in an order marker GUILD_WARRIOR knows what's in an order marker

Dude those are amazing! How much do you think it ends up costing to print the large figures like Aquilla's? Is that one print per scuplt or several put together?
Old September 6th, 2020, 04:07 PM
"like" happy

Those look fantastic WK. Ive given my printers a rest lately and have focused on trying to put a dent in my painting backlog. Im going to for sure bring my scape collection back up to 100% with my printers when I have time later on.

Old September 6th, 2020, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUILD_WARRIOR View Post
Dude those are amazing! How much do you think it ends up costing to print the large figures like Aquilla's? Is that one print per scuplt or several put together?
Material cost is low (less than $2.00 for Zelrig, Wo-Sa-Ga, and Sujoah and less than $1.00 for Gurei-Oni and Zetacron).

There is some electricity cost, but it's pretty small. And there is machine wear and tear and upkeep/repairs.

Other costs are mostly time and effort (time to ready the models for printing, time to remove the supports after printing, time to clean the figures with a hot tool, time to drill holes in the bases, time to cut the stickers, and time to attach the sticker and hot weld the bases to the figure).

For Zelrig and Sujoah I printed the wings separately. (I really like the clear wings on Sujoah). Gurei-Oni, Zetacron, and Wo-Sa-Ga were all printed as a single piece. Bases are printed separately, both to make it easier to remove supports and to make it easy to add the stickers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing